Let's make something clear about trolling

Laura Braun   Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:24 am GMT
How 'old' you are and do you have time day and night to settle the things out. When you keep it clear during the day time someone can come at night and to destroy your house so too much efforts for nothing.
If everyone has it's own personal account after few days antimoon will be gone. That's how it works.
Guest   Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:38 am GMT
I agree. This place will die without the freedom of anyone to post. However, there could be a system where users are allowed to register their names with a password so that they can't be impersonated. But someone would try to steal other people's names if it were implemented... I don't know an easy way to make it work right.
Laura Braun   Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:06 am GMT
listen, Danny instead of spam 2000 times something useless why don't you try to write something more creative . For example You have a brain - you can think - that means that you exist. In a way which you compromise yourself I understand that you do not have any other interest and how sad your only interest is to spam our little forum.
Guest, I agree with you in a way. In every forum which I participate everyone has his own personal name - which is own identity. You log in and then you can write and everyone knows that you are you and not someone else. In a forum which I was you can have something like mulitiplication of names - for every forum diferent name but still have the same account and you can jump from one name to another without log off. That's the way which we can suggest this forum to be modernized, but what I doubt is that after few days there would be no more antimoon. I have an example with that.
YOSH   Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:36 am GMT
Haha the trolls are getting pissed off. That means this guy is trolling the trolls. LOL! Now you silly trolls know what it's like! Not so funny now eh!
Angus McBeafe   Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:47 am GMT
<<In a forum which I was you can have something like mulitiplication of names - for every forum diferent name but still have the same account and you can jump from one name to another without log off. That's the way which we can suggest this forum to be modernized, but what I doubt is that after few days there would be no more antimoon. >>

No fixed usernames is one of thje great things here at Antimoon.

Perhaps they could have optional registration, so some of our star posters could protect theri identity?
Lol   Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:34 pm GMT
I enjoyed my posts as Pluto on the 'English is the hardest language to learn' thread (look it up if you like). I pretended to be some one with atrocious English, who thought their English was far superior to that of native speakers. By that I mean I ensured every sentence was littered with grammatical errors, although what I wrote was easily understandable. I wouldn't consider it trolling though, more a little online practical joke. And people certainly fell for it! Hehe
Robin Michael   Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:31 pm GMT
BNP leader Nick Griffin owns Jack Straw - BBC Question Time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8Wkyfw4mzM

I like the ease of use of Antimoon. I like the format. The typeface is easy to read and although it is simple, it works well. OK, it is not working well. We know there is a major problem. I was hoping that the person or persons who are being a nuisance would just stop after a while.

I have thought before that the Antimoon forum is a little bit like the 'Big Brother House'. My children play 'World of Warcraft' and I think Antimoon has similar characteristics.

Even with the obscenities, I made the excuse that this was a forum for 'Free Speech'. Last night on Question Time, Nick Griffins who is the head of the BNP (British National Party) was confronted by other members of the panel and by the audience. I think that in many ways he was set up to fail. If he is able to get the oxygen of publicity he may be much more successful. Anyway, some politicians (Peter Hain) argued that he should not be allowed on Question Time. The Home Secretary - Jack Straw - was a member of the panel. Outside there was a large and boisterous demonstration.

The following day, the front page of 'The Scottish Sun' was 'Auntie meets the Nazi'.

Nick Griffith MP euro Ltd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpNGglrCAas
agacanthus   Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:24 pm GMT
<< By that I mean I ensured every sentence was littered with grammatical errors, although what I wrote was easily understandable. I wouldn't consider it trolling though, more a little online practical joke. And people certainly fell for it! Hehe >>

I still remember those posts. Isn't it violation of the TOS to post intentional grammatical errors? (at least in English).

My favorite trolling is to repeat the claims made by others here at Antimoon that:

- English is pidgin-like in its simplicity -- a mere toy language compared to most others.

- Engliosh is perhaps an order of magnitude easier to learn than any other major non-artificial language (that's not closely related to your own).

- The pidgin-like morphological simplicity of English spoils its native speakers, making it almost impossible to learn foreign languages with all their ghastly complexity.

- Native English speakers are mentally strait-jacketed by the pidgin-like simplicity and lack of expressiveness of their native language. They're incapable of conjuring up complex and subtle ideas. If they do manage to, then they can't express them. Proof: Compare Newton's theory of universal gravitation with Einstein's.
daalai   Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:39 pm GMT
<<I was hoping that the person or persons who are being a nuisance would just stop after a while. >>

I was hoping that you would just leave after a while...
Constructive crit for RM   Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:54 pm GMT
Robin Michael, consider the one cliche that has not yet appeared among your many Contributions:

"Sometimes less is more."
BNP rules!   Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:13 pm GMT
Robin Michael supports the BNP, that's one good thing about him at least.
Uriel   Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:16 pm GMT
And as you were probably expecting, I still do kids.
Herr Guest   Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:01 pm GMT
Robin Michael supports the BNP, that's one good thing about him at least.

Is the British National Party only popular in England or it is British in the sense that people in Wales and Scotland vote it too?.
Lol   Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:04 pm GMT
>>I still remember those posts. Isn't it violation of the TOS to post intentional grammatical errors? (at least in English).<<

Haha, more than likely. But you know what, the errors I adopted were mainly those I have heard from non-native speakers. Granted I have never heard them in such abundance in the English of any one non-native speaker. But I took the mistakes I have heard over a long period from various English learners from various countries, and compacted them into a few sentences. And people jumped in to correct the mistakes, so I'm sure what I did was of some educational value.

But why is your trolling all about repeating the claims that English is some ridiculously simple language? I gather you don't actually believe that then? I certainly don't, I believe basic English is very easy to get, but for some one to reach native level, well it's a totally different story.
Guest   Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:14 pm GMT
Let's be honest. 90% of people who study a foregin language will never be fluent. Furthermore, perhaps they don't even aspire to be fluent, so English is easier because reaching intermediate level (enough for most of us) is less painful than in the case of let's say German.