the nicest Italian dialect

PARISIEN   Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:07 pm GMT
<< l'accent milanais est bien différent de celui de Venise ou de Turin >>

-- Je parlais seulement du Nord-Ouest, où la langue courante parlée offre quand même un vague air de famille en Lombardie comme au Piémont (du moins aux oreilles d'un étranger).
C'est clair que les accents de Vénétie sont complètement distincts : ils sonnent italien, mais sans en avoir le rythme.
Leslie   Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:52 pm GMT
Not at all. It's lakasa but laroZa. You ought to study Dizione, dude.

---
In fact, Dizionario DiMauro has both [kaza] and [kasa].
Dizionario di Pronuncia Italiana (by prof. Canepari) prefers [kaza] (he calls it neutral Italian), [kasa] is somewhat obsolete Tuscan Italian, just like /hwich/ for which or /hwy/ for why; no one uses it; more and more people from Tuscany are using z's these days [kaza].

And yes, RAI tv pays attention to dizione, and it's impeccable, but [kasa] is rarely used, only by old people from Tuscany or people speaking Romanesco, in standard Roman Italian it's [kaza] so RAI tv follows this usage.
reality   Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:54 pm GMT
kasa]

Kasa is used in all Central and Southern Italy!
Neca Odara   Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:11 pm GMT
Kasa is used in all Central and Southern Italy!

Not true, according to prof. Canepari's dictionary:
http://venus.unive.it/canipa/pdf/DiPI_3_A-Z.pdf

[kaza] is preferred, and even in Tuscany it is possible.
Luca   Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:44 pm GMT
In my opinion, the north-western dialects (piedmontese, ligurian,lombard) are the nicest to hear. They seem more ''clean'', less heavy than the central-southern one.
blanchette   Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:09 pm GMT
Luca if you come from that area, of course they are :-)
luca   Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:22 pm GMT
Well, maybe, it's only my personal opinion. I think that the northern variety of italian is the most melodious and singing: I can't stand all the heavy sounds and double letters of the southern way of speaking.
Tuscan and venetian seem both to my ears too funny to be taken seriously: venetian for its odd intonation, tuscan for all the ''c'' switched into ''h''.
Everything depends on the original point of view...
just me   Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:40 pm GMT
Have you ever heard of Italian standard? It's got some precise features, tonic vowels ought to be pronounced in a certain way, the one prescribed by all Italian dictionaries. It is based upon the cultivated dialect of Florence. Northern Italian varieties often sound odd to me, especially because of their different vowel sounds.
Luca   Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:03 pm GMT
Well, standard italian bases its standard on tuscan only in terms of grammar and vocabulary. I would not define tuscan pronunciation as standard tough. I repeat myself, it is only my opinion, but i find piedmontese and lombard nicer than the heavy southern varieties. Moreover, standard northern accent is the closer to standard italian, i.e.the language you can hear on tv, for instance
Mona   Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:54 am GMT
Moreover, standard northern accent is the closer to standard italian, i.e.the language you can hear on tv, for instance

//
Not really, on RAI you can rarely hear Northern accents...All RAI actors and newscasters are trained to have the neutral/standard accent, which is RAI accent or ''lingua toscana in bocca romana''.

Only on Mediaset they use those ugly Northern accents, it sound like children talking, and very nasal and gay: be(i)ne with nasal e LOL
JGreco   Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:36 am GMT
Can any of you and especially those that are Italian post different audio examples of different Italian accents from all over the country. It would give those of us not as familiar with the differences a new sense on how different they really are.
pulenton   Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:07 pm GMT
Tuscan and Sicilian in my opinion. On the other hand, Milanese and the dialect from Genua or Turin are rather unpleasant