Italian Languages

Qwaggmireland   Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:25 pm GMT
For god's sake Parisian the capital of Elsass - Strassburg has a French quarter! etc etc etc How the hell dose France justify: Elsass - Lothringen, Flanders, Calais pale - (I hope our Flemish bretheren dont mind me saying it belongs to England) Brittany, and less importantly - Savoy, Corsica, Catalanya and Basqueland - Bearn, has Francophone?

Plus all the continued Francophone imperialism in Belgium, Switzerland, Andorra and Luxemburg (basically nobody speaks French in Luxemburg French is imposed has an official language there to make the the French feel important and influencial).

Even has recently as 1970 France was trying it's imperial hardest to annex Germany's Saarland into an even greater grandioise France! You nasty amphibian eating, mollusc eating, horse eating, olive eating, stinky chorizo eating and cheese and melon eating French imperialist fascists.
Baldewin   Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:49 pm GMT
<<-- Between 1900 and 1950, half of the population in Vallée d'Aoste was forced to emigration and replaced with Italian immigrants. Ethnical cleansing at its best. I do not think anything even remotely similar ever took place in Alsace. Do not hesitate to correct me if I'm wrong.>>

The French Government immediately started a Francization campaign that included the forced deportation of all Germans who had settled in the area after 1870. For that purpose, the population was divided in four categories, A to D[14]. German-language Alsatian newspapers were also suppressed.

This happened between 1917 and 1940.

Category A: persons whose parents and grandparents were born in Elsaß
Category B: persons whose parents were neither Elsaßisch nor French.
Category C: persons whose parents come from an allied nation of France or a neutral nation
Category D: persons who come from enemy nations (even though their children were Elsaßisch.

More than 100,000 Elsaßer were deported by the French government of that time.
Next to this French citizen from outside Elsaß were encourage to settle there.

But heck, Europe was way different in that time.
Baldewin   Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:53 pm GMT
Here's a source I just found: http://www.webcitation.org/5kmXUnBss
Alessandro   Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:22 pm GMT
"I speak a gallo-italian dialect and I can naturally understand all the others one of this branch (except some words here and there, obviously), if spoken slowly and without too much accent."

Confermo quanto affermato da un utente in precedenza. In questo momento in Italia sta facendo abbastanza clamore un film girato parzialmente in bolognese (emiliano), sulla strage di Marzabotto.
Io da lombardo occidentale non ho problemi a capire tutto quello che viene detto. Questo è una conferma del fatto che il gallo italico sia una lingua non standardizata e non un insieme di dialetti.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmfEkqP_DUI
joolsey   Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:10 pm GMT
Alessandro;

scusi il mio livello de pseudo-italiano! Ma tu potresti scrivere qua alcuni frase in emilano che acompagnano le scene da queste video?

cheers
Alessandro   Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:42 pm GMT
Mi chiedi troppo, perché l'emiliano ha dei suoni che il lombardo non ha (e viceversa). Io so scrivere in lombardo, ma scrivere in emiliano mi è difficile.

Comunque se sai un po' d'italiano puoi consultare questo: http://books.google.it/books?id=oVoNAAAAQAAJ
joolsey   Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:43 pm GMT
Grazie lo stesso Alessandro.

Io so che il lombardo ed l'emiliano sono distinti ma, dato che le due lingue sono galo-romance di stretta prossimità, e perció condividono molti vocali, diptonghi (nonostante le disparità su le norme ortografiche); credo che qualcuno sforzo- anche impiegando le tue norme lombarde, sarano comprensibile.
en Joan   Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:43 am GMT
All Italian dialects are fading out. This is a fact
Alessandro   Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:18 am GMT
"All Italian dialects are fading out. This is a fact"

Mi la vedia minga inscì mal. Gh'è di post endùe se parlà amò el dialèt. In di chi post lì, la gent l'è l'è sustansialmént bilingu.

Gh'è di stüdi che disun che le lengue dialetàl dal nord Italia i spariràn nel gir de 30 an, tame l'è bele sücèss in Francia. Mi son no de cal idéa lì.
joolsey   Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:34 pm GMT
"Vien qua e magna i turtei!
"Ma nono, 'to pí sgionfo ch'un ciancio!"
"Senti! Qua comando mi!"
"Ma la nona la ga dito che mi possùo zugare"

A typical conversation from a family dinner in Southern Brazil; mix of Eastern Lombard with Veneto.
Emmanuel   Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:18 pm GMT
:)
Luca   Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:26 pm GMT
di dove sei, Alessandro? Milanese?
Alessandro   Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:22 pm GMT
Tra Lodi e Milano. Tu invece sei cremonese o cremasco. L'ho letto in qualche vecchio post.

"A typical conversation from a family dinner in Southern Brazil; mix of Eastern Lombard with Veneto."

Yes, Eastern Lombard is something like a transition between "Insubric"
(western lombard) and Venetian languages. This depends by the control of Republic of Venice in Brescia, Crema and Bergamo after the "Peace of Lodi".
Luca   Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:46 am GMT
I'm sorry Alessandro but I have to correct you; Eastern Lombard as a whole (I mean, cremasco, bergamasco, bresciano) is not a transition between Western Lombard and Venetian. Words & grammar are fully lombard; if you refer to their particular accent, only eastern brixian (the ''bresciano'' spoken near the Garda Lake) has something that resembles venetian but even in that case, the language remains fully lombard. You can perceive some likeness only when they speak italian.
This is also the case of cremonese. If you hear a Cremonese speak italian, you would tell he/she is emilian, but the dialect remains fully lombard in speech, words and grammar.
Alessandro   Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:57 am GMT
I agree, it is Lombard. I used "something like". In Lombardy, Venetians
tried to change language without success. They had instead success when they changed Dalmatian language in Venetian in costal Dalmatia.