Forms of Spanish are most likely to break from Castilian

What?   Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:57 am GMT
Yes, is 87-29.
In this case we have 58/24,2(brazil+france+morocco) = 41%.
Ren   Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:28 am GMT
an Argentinian understand Brazilian Portuguese!? LOL...shit then they must fake that they dont understand me real well when I go there on vacation lol. Sure some may understand it due to exposure and learning the language but surely not the general population
JGreco   Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:51 pm GMT
"an Argentinian understand Brazilian Portuguese!? LOL...shit then they must fake that they dont understand me real well when I go there on vacation lol. Sure some may understand it due to exposure and learning the language but surely not the general population"

It depends on the country. I know a lot of Panamanians, a country where the majority of Brazilian shows that enter the market are subtitled instead of dubbed, that understand quite well clearly spoken Br.Portuguese due to exposure in media, and the fact that a sizable portion of the population have Portuguese ancestry. There are also quite a few Brazilians in the country and most that I've heard speak in Br.Portuguese on the streets hardly ever changing into Spanish (or Portunhol). In countries such as Mexico where EVERYTHING IS DUBBED understanding is less likely due to less exposure. Even the many Brazilian actors who go to Mexico to do soap operas will always yield themselves to the dominant Mexican culture and perform all their interviews in Spanish. Brazilians living in the country (mainly in Puebla and The DF) will also assimilate into the culture. As I said, it depends on the country in Latin America. Panama is a melting pot of several cultures due to the Panama Canal while Mexico is dominated by mestizo culture as a near perfect mix of indigenous and Castilian culture intermingling throughout the countries history. Two unique situations between two unique countries produces a different outcome culturally.