The British need to get over it...

danny russia   Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:59 pm GMT
Irony, shut up please. Your inferior to me.!!
Damian in Edinburgh   Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:05 am GMT
***Damian has demonstrated time and time again that he is no closet nationalist.....He might as well have the Union Jack tattooed to his forehead***

I refuse point blank to be bound up in any kind of closet, no matter what the issue....and just FYI it isn't a Union flag* I have tattooed on my foreheadd - it's the Saltire**

Brits need to be imbued with a spirit of nationalism on a wider UK basis - this island nation has now become so multi-cultural that all incomers/immigrants to these islands really, really need to be reminded of just where they have chosen to reside on a full time basis...that this is the country of the British people all said and done, and they must abide by the rules and regulations and customs of the majority - ie the indigenous population. If they fail to do this then it should be a case of repatriation for them with no return ticket at any future date.....in other words...it's curtains for them.

While we're on this topic let's concentate on our dear neighbours to the south...the English. Why on earth do so few of them have the guts to fly their own national flag...the Cross of St George.....the red cross on a white background which forms the focal point of the overall UK flag....the Union Flag*? The only time they can overcome this fear of Anglo patriotism is when England have succeeded in playing in the World Cup when the whole of England, from Berwick-upon-Tweed down to Penzance, and from Hereford across to Lowestoft, becomes a waving sea of St George flags. Other than that they live in fear of being regarded as racists and, even worse, members of the ultra right wing, fascist and racist BNP (British National Party) although this particular political group (which actually has elected members to the European Parliament in Brussels) deny being either racist or fascist but that's what you'd expect them to say, wouldn't you?

In areas of England (and other parts of the UK to a much lesser extent) with a high incidence of immigrants in its population native born English/British people have been forced by the local authorities to remove any St George/Union flags from display on their properties on the pretext that it may well "upset or offend ethnic people and possibly incite racist violence in the area". How ridiculously distorted is that?

Friday is St George's Day - 23 April - the National Day for England, and England alone.....not only is the 23 April St George's Day but it is also the birthdate (and as it happens the deathdate) of one of the most prominent and well known sons of England......William Shakespeare (Born 23 April 1564, Died 23 April 1616 - aged only 52).

I urge all of our English friends to display their St George flags on Friday next 23 April all over England's green and pleasant land (and even in Huyton and Hackney and Handsworth) - their own country as of their birthright - and to hell with any PC obsessed Town Hall busybodies displaying all the signs of insane reverse racism.

*To be absolutely correct it should be the Union Flag - not the Union Jack.

**Saltire - the official flag of Scotland - the diagonal white cross on a blue background - the Cross of St Andrew - which is also incorporated into the Union Flag of the UK.
Irony   Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:34 am GMT
Sorry Danny, I didn't mean to expose you as a mindless cretin.
Quintus   Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:14 pm GMT
>>a fair number of Scandinavians also choose to speak English with more than just a hint of an American accent and vocabulary.....again it's their choice>>

It's not entirely a choice in many cases, Damian, but rather a matter of the convenient and economical circumstance whereby they have learned English by staying with their cousins in Minnesota, Massachusetts or Oregon (and there are millions of Scandinavian Americans all over the United States). The American accent and usage and speech patterns may then become reinforced by television, and perhaps Internet, once they have returned to Scandinavia.
danny russia   Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:16 pm GMT
I'd like to point out that I did not write the message dated Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:59 pm GMT sent under my nickname.
Quintus   Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:24 pm GMT
I'm glad you pointed that out, Danny. There is some bored individual out there who sneaks in occasionally to write a comment under a name already posted. Perhaps one of the Antimoon monitors can remove the April 19 8:59 pm remark without deleting the entire thread ?
danny russia   Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:15 pm GMT
I'd like to point out that I did write that message dated Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:59 pm GMT sent under my nickname so suck my poop..!!
Quintus up danny   Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:20 pm GMT
" I'm glad you pointed that out Danny, maybe later we can suck each others twangers.xx
Damian in Edinburgh   Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:32 pm GMT
Disregarding some of the more obscene posts in this thread here is a YT clip to bear out what I have said previously.....the need for our English friends to retake their pride in their country, in their particular part of the UK, geographically the largest and the most populous by a very wide margin......England. Don't just make it a World Cup celebration, making it a similar feeling of pride in your country much like we Scots and our Welsh compatriots do in our own.

I know of a house not too far from here in the garden of which the flag of England...the flag of St George....is displayed from a pole...obviously the home of English people, and I like to see it.....and this is a Scot saying this on his own home ground.

I love all my English mates and I wouldn't be without them.

This Friday the 23 April is St George's Day, the patron Saint of England. Recaim it from the racist PC brigade, guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHSIzX3zX0&feature=fvw
Damian in Edinburgh   Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 pm GMT
That should have read "reclaim" of course. Incidentally the song in that clip - "I vow to thee my country" - was sung at the funeral of a true Rose of England, Princess Diana, and the singer in this clip was Katherine Jenkins...who is, paradoxically, a Rose of Wales, and a fluent speaker of the Welsh language.
Maid Lee   Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:19 pm GMT
<Britain's most significant musical export of recent years is Stephen Hough the pianist (born in Cheshire), but in your strained attempts at belittling British culture you will not have noticed. Hough (pronounced "Huff") is highly regarded as a performer in America, and currently teaches in Australia. >

So...a Scottish singer of sentimental ballads and an expat piano-player.

Would that constitute "The Brits are coming"?
Maid Lee   Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:30 pm GMT
<this island nation has now become so multi-cultural that all incomers/immigrants to these islands really, really need to be reminded of just where they have chosen to reside on a full time basis...that this is the country of the British people all said and done>

When you say "the British people" and "the indigenous population", what do you mean?
Quintus   Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:36 pm GMT
"Would that constitute 'The Brits are coming'?"

Yes indeed, Maid Lee, that and a whole lot more. Keep your ears cocked, won't you ?
Quintus   Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:40 pm GMT
The messages of
Apr 20 8:15 pm GMT
& Apr 20 8:20 pm GMT
were apparently both written by the same bored little trickster.
Thaddeus   Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:59 am GMT
>>
Have you noticed, though, that most of the British speakers whom Americans idolise or admire have working-class or middle-class or regional accents - not "posh" at all ?- Becks (pure Cockney), Borat, Ricky Gervais, Simon Powell (Yanks really do like him), Piers Morgan, Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne, J. K. Rowling, Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsay, Jason Statham, Ger Butler, Anthony Hopkins, Rod Stewart, Tom Jones, the Stones and Beatles and all ?
>>

You should remember that if didn't grow up in Great Britain you would have no idea which British accents are considered "posh" by British people. The opinions people have about different accents are entirely created by how their society portrays those accents in stereotypes, jokes, media portrayals and so forth. People who grow up in another society won't learn the same biases the British have learned, though they'll certainly learn their own society's biases.