England is a shithole...

WTF   Thu May 20, 2010 4:04 pm GMT
<<Because the concept seems more improbable than the one about Spain. >>

But in many international rankings, Spain actually comes ahead of the UK in terms of development and standard of living.
Yes   Thu May 20, 2010 4:10 pm GMT
That may be so in reality, but in the popular imagination of many Americans, Spain might as well be in South America or something, unfortunately. I remember someone once being surprised to hear the Romans "got as far as Spain. Like that's so far away." Lol. It's a pity, as it really is a great and beautiful place to visit, and even stay, were it not for the current economic situation. Oh well.
Franco   Thu May 20, 2010 5:25 pm GMT
That's strange because my first hand experience is quite different. When I was in USA I commented to people which term they used to refer to Spaniards, if "Spaniards" or "Spanish". She said "Spaniard" because "Spanish" may refer to South Americans in a broad sense, and for them it's clear that Spaniards look and behave quite differently.

<<But in many international rankings, Spain actually comes ahead of the UK in terms of development and standard of living. >>

The case of UK is strange. I mean, UK has been a developed country since more than a century ago, but it was not a country where the average joe enjoyed high standard of living, at least not in comparison to France, Netherlands or Scandinavia. Industrialization of UK provoked a lot of suffering in reality to many English and Welsh people and only a few became very rich. UK never had the egualitarian instinct other more genuine Germanic countries have.
Uk 1   Thu May 20, 2010 6:57 pm GMT
Don´t worry about my spelling I don´t.

" most Poles never bith about England or its people "

I agree with you on this, I was just directing it at the one pole [ keep your bra on ] I have worked with a few polish guys and they are good to work with, they learn pretty fast as well.

They are good guys really and good for a laugh..!!

They come to the uk for working and not to toss it off, unlike some others that come to just bleed the system..!!

Now put your tits back in because they look like john wayne's saddle bags..
opinion   Thu May 20, 2010 7:10 pm GMT
England is fantastic country. Fantastic music (Depeche Mode,Alison Moyet,Morrisey,Amy Winehouse and so on),fantastic movies (far better than American).Fantastic language.
Baldewin   Thu May 20, 2010 8:06 pm GMT
UK produces a lot on culture alright, but it's also the most hierarchical country of Europe with a very marginal lower class.
Npt my fault - again   Thu May 20, 2010 8:33 pm GMT
UK 1 we call those 'Waynes" a "moustachioed Andrews/ Richards" (wąsate Ryszardy/Andrzeje), those with that old fashined image/look are usually from villages or small towns...We also make fun of them so , cool man. :)
Franco   Thu May 20, 2010 8:55 pm GMT
<<England is fantastic country. Fantastic music (Depeche Mode,Alison Moyet,Morrisey,Amy Winehouse and so on),fantastic movies (far better than American).Fantastic language.

>>

You forgot humourist Benny Hill
Franco   Thu May 20, 2010 9:02 pm GMT
Matematik   Thu May 20, 2010 9:26 pm GMT
<<but it's also the most hierarchical country of Europe with a very marginal lower class.>>

No it's not, class has become meaningless in the UK. Taxes are high, the working class openly hate the wealthy (the marginal ones) and draw benefits even when there's not a thing wrong with them, they're simply lazy.

Yes, there is a few titles left over from the monarchy, but this is absolutely no different to the Netherlands, which is also a constitutional monarchy. The titles still exist in the Netherlands.

Class and hierarchy is a thing of the past in the UK, and the UK is no more hierarchial or classist than the Netherlands, Spain or any other constitutional monarchy.
Franco   Thu May 20, 2010 9:39 pm GMT
The Queen should sell her jewels and give the money to the English poors if she loves England so much. Also isn't she the head of the English Church? Then she should live poorly like Christ did.
Matematik   Thu May 20, 2010 9:57 pm GMT
<<The Queen should sell her jewels and give the money to the English poors if she loves England so much.>>

I can only suggest Juan Carlos does the same.
Franco   Thu May 20, 2010 10:04 pm GMT
the Spanish king has not even a physical crown. That is only suited for old fashioned, pompous (and ridiculous I might add )monarchs like the English one.
Franco   Thu May 20, 2010 10:11 pm GMT
I wonder if the Queen uses this to satisfy herself when her man is not available:

http://fr.academic.ru/pictures/frwiki/77/Main_Justice_Louvre_2.jpg

Using her true fingers would not do justice to her royal dignity.
Matematik   Thu May 20, 2010 10:23 pm GMT
<<I wonder if the Queen uses this to satisfy herself when her man is not available: >>

To be perfactly honest, I don't tend to fantasize over the sexual expoits of women in their 80s, but whatever floats ya boat Franco. Prehaps it's a Spanish thing?