Linguistically Latin Solidarity on antimoon !

Pacis   Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:37 am GMT
Dear People !

Obviously some people don't understand the Latin effervescent spirit and their “hot blood “, Latin people are discoursing very passionately even gesticulating their differences. They are not reserved and introvert people, we speak our mind! I personally like French as much as Italian or Spanish , Catalan or Romanian, Portuguese or Sardinian, Istriot or Romansh , It’s fascinating meting strangers speaking in a foreign language in a Latin country, a language that sounds like your language ! From Peru to Moldova , from Sicily to Quebec. We are very culturally similar, despite our geography!

Guest wrote:
....................................................................................................
< oftentimes these threads devolve into bickering over whose culture and language is better>

<Brazilian Portuguese vs. European Portuguese
Latin American Spanish vs. European Spanish
Spanish vs. Portuguese
Castilian vs. Catalan
Which Romance language is closest to Latin?
Spanish and Italian are closer than French and Italian>
...............................................................................................

Those are just typically macho Latin debates, because we are all proud of our culture and Romance language! It’s like a competition, a race, if you want! There is nothing wrong with these topics! Latin men are just proud people! That’s all. We don’t hate each other!

The Latin Union – Spanish: Unión Latina; French: Union Latine; Italian: Unione Latina; Portuguese: União Latina; Romanian: Uniunea Latină; Catalan: Unió Llatina –

= an intergovernmental organization that gathers together the nations of the world that use a Romance language. Its aim is to promote and disseminate the common heritage and different identities of the Latin world.

I personally respect any language and culture !
...................................................................................................
LATIN EUROPE
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/LatinEurope.gif

To prove my Latin Unity point ,I propose a Latin Solidarity on antimoon !
.....................................................................................................
Latin people! Let’s greet each other in our native Romance language! To keep my “neutrality” I greet you all in LATIN :

Listen to Latin http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/spacecraft/languages/audio/latin.au

Translation "Greetings to you, whoever you are; we have good will towards you and bring peace across space".
Kazoo   Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:42 am GMT
<<They are not reserved and introvert people, we speak our mind!>>

Apparantely you've never had a conversation with a Dutch person.
Pacis   Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:57 am GMT
Latin Union - 36 Member states

The Latin Union currently has 36 members from four continents:

Angola | Argentina | Bolivia | Brazil | Cape Verde | Chile | Colombia | Côte d'Ivoire | Costa Rica | Cuba | Dominican Republic | Ecuador | France | Guatemala | Guinea-Bissau | Haiti | Holy See (special status) | Honduras | Italy | Mexico | Moldova | Monaco | Mozambique | Nicaragua | Panama | Paraguay | Peru | Philippines | Portugal | Romania | San Marino | São Tomé and Príncipe | Senegal | Spain | Uruguay | Venezuela The official languages of the Latin Union are Spanish, Catalan, French, Italian, Portuguese and Romanian.

Adios !
Tiffany   Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:32 am GMT
Please stop stereotyping Latin people. All are hot-blooded... right.
Enzo   Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:22 am GMT
Ciao a tutti sono Enzo, di Roma ! :-)

Also The Latin Union is the largest linguistic and cultural organisation, in the world that unites family related languages !Good idea , Pacis !
Guest   Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:44 am GMT
I'm curious...do all you Latin people punctuate the same way when writing in English?
Guest   Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:47 am GMT
By the way if Québec reaches independece I wonder if they will join the Latin union.

France is already a member.
Guest   Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:01 pm GMT
What about Holland joining the union, Sander?
Vlad Tepes   Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:09 pm GMT
Salut. Ce mai faceti voi Latini , bine ?

{By the way if Québec reaches independece I wonder if they will join the Latin union}

If quebec reach independence - they wil join the Latin union OK

Salutare din Valahia !
Guest   Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:47 pm GMT
What happened to Switzerland?
Guest   Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:18 pm GMT
Bine Vlad.

Multumesc la fel

La revedere
Guest   Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:58 pm GMT
VIVE L'UNION LATINE MES FRERES!!!
Sander   Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:10 pm GMT
You people are very, very sick.
Guest   Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:26 pm GMT
No we are not sick, we are latins. VIVENT MES FRERES SUR TOUS LES CONTINENTS!!!!

VIVE LA CULTURE LATINE, PROUD TO BE ONE IN ONE FAMILY!
Tiffany   Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:51 pm GMT
It's a pity we only get a one-sided view of this. My husband does not feel like your brother. Not all "Latinos" feel this all-encompassing Latiness. But good for you if you feel like that. Just stop trying to bring all the other "Latins" with you, because it is just not true.