fluency in speaking english

Hariprasad   Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:49 am GMT
SORRY.IN COMPLETION OF MY MESSAGE.......

HI,

I am from bangalore, i can understand,what yoou are telling that we can learn the thing by doing practice and doing mistakes. but i dont think that it should not take long time to learn any thing. when i start to speak in english, that time i was very poor in speaking becouse i am from village side guy and i stadied in village only, but i learnd lot in english speaking as i speaking in english with others. Because I think 70% of people doesn't speak correct english.Try to talk as much as possible in english to your friends and people around you.What do you think.
Guest   Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:12 pm GMT
>> I am from bangalore, i can understand,what yoou are telling that we can learn the thing by doing practice and doing mistakes. but i dont think that it should not take long time to learn any thing. when i start to speak in english, that time i was very poor in speaking becouse i am from village side guy and i stadied in village only, but i learnd lot in english speaking as i speaking in english with others. Because I think 70% of people doesn't speak correct english.Try to talk as much as possible in english to your friends and people around you.What do you think.<<

I've noticed that so many non-native speakers can't remember to capitalize the first person singular pronoun. It's getting so bloody annoying. Why can't you just bloody well push the shift button when you type "i"?
Learner   Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:44 pm GMT
<<I've noticed that so many non-native speakers can't remember to capitalize the first person singular pronoun. It's getting so bloody annoying. Why can't you just bloody well push the shift button when you type "i"?>>

I think they've picked it up from native speakers cause it looks cool and really native-like :)
I'm trying to avoid doing this - it's just incorrect spelling - a mistake and does not look very clever. Right? :)
suzy   Thu May 31, 2007 2:03 am GMT
i have a problem in english especially in speaking. i do not know the way to improve my speaking. it is getting worse since i am teching English at the moment. i felt embarrass to myself most of time when it comes to be broken. moreover, when the students keep correcting me in terms of everything. i keep using English with my friends and colleges. but then i still cannot feel comfortable with the language. i hate such things to happen....as we know that language is universal. i just cannot cover everything since English is not my mothertounge, is not my first language. yes, people keep saying that in order to be fluenced in English, we have to think in English. but then, it is hard to do so..... i feel frustrated because i cannot help my students much in this language since they have put such a high hope upon me in helping them to improve in the language. i keep thinking of this matter for a month. and i cannot not to think about it since i will be living with it for years...
Rizzeck   Thu May 31, 2007 7:59 am GMT
Just a side note: I feel the same things "you" do -- whomever you are -- when learning Spanish, and am equally frustrated as you. You are not alone...I am here with you...though we're far apart...I'm always in your heart....!!!!
Guest   Thu May 31, 2007 10:17 am GMT
suzy, you need more input. Watch sitcoms daily and read interesting stuff as well. then see how you feel about your spoken skills.