French one of the most touched languages by English?!

Kirk   Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:53 am GMT
<<Leider kann ich Französisch oder Spanisch nicht verstehen...>>

Ok we'll stick to English.
Travis   Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:33 am GMT
By the way, the previous "Guest" was me, as was probably guessed by some, but I just accidentally forgot to put my name on the post.
nico   Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:56 am GMT
Pero hablamos español o frances, como estan Amigos?
Guest   Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:58 am GMT
como estais?
Kirk   Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:33 am GMT
<<By the way, the previous "Guest" was me, as was probably guessed by some, but I just accidentally forgot to put my name on the post.>>

Yeah I could tell by your writing style :)
Rick Johnson   Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:55 am GMT
Travis,

While your probably right in saying that French will in future have little effect on future English, the words and phrases I mentioned are commonly used in as much as I would expect to see or hear most during the course of a month. Someone would appear extremely pretentious if every sentence contained one of those phrases though!
Adam   Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:44 pm GMT
"I think the English speaking world should see French as a threat "

Hmmmm.
Sigma   Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:44 pm GMT
Oui nous pouvons parler français ou espagnol.
Si nosotros podemos hablar francés o español.
Damian yn Edinburgh Yr Al   Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:49 pm GMT
Prynhawn da i chwi oll.....sut ydych chwi heddiw? Yr wyf yn dda iawn ond brysur iawn hefo fyng nghwaith ac yr wyf yn fwyta tipyn bach of fwyd am cinio ac yfed cola fawr. Mmmmm! Blas ardderchog! Hwyl fawr i bawb yma! Mi gynnaf ffrind yng Nghymru helpu mi siarad Cymraeg ar y teleffon mobile.....as loopy as I am but what a dish! LOL

As other Languages have apeared in why not a wee bit of Welsh?...wi' a wee bit of help from a close (very close) friend :-)
Rick Johnson   Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:44 pm GMT
Considering how close England and Wales are geographically and politically, it's hard to think of many other western european languages that have had so little influence. The only Welsh word I can think of is "cack"!
Damian yn Yr Albaen   Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:08 pm GMT
Without even asking my Welsh mate I know what that word means! Begs the question as to why you should know that particular word!* I thought the two Welsh words most English (and Scottish..and Irish) peeps know are "Iechyd da" (pronounced more often than not as "Yacky da" by the English...way off beam!)

Iechyd da = good health. usually accompanies the physical action of raising a glass.

NB: The "CH" sound in Iechyd is identical to the Scottish "LoCH). The Celtic connection again....

*Actually....you spelt it wrongly! LOL Your "cack" should be the Welsh "Cachu"...same CH sound...same meaning though! :-)

England and Wales physically close...undeniably true in that sense. Otherwise the River Severn and Offa's Dyke are great yawning chasms. Rather like Hadrian's Wall and the River Tweed! LOL

Iechyd da! Slains!
nico   Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:53 pm GMT
Hablo español porque esto frances y tu, hablas frances porque estas sud americano. Pero el mio español esta una "abominacion", una "mixtura" entre español, frances y italiano.

De donde estas Sigma?
Sigma   Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:26 pm GMT
De donde estas Sigma? >

Soy de México y no no soy sudamericano, soy norteamericano México esta en norteamérica LOL.

¿Tu eres francés Nico?
Tu es français Nico?
nico   Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:33 pm GMT
Es norteamericana, me "scusa".

Si esto francès. Mio padre ha visito Mexico, bello paese. Désolé pour mon espagnol de très mauvaise qualité. J'en ai fait un peu à l'école, c'est une belle langue.
Sigma   Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:10 pm GMT
J'en ai fait un peu à l'école, c'est une belle langue>

Je trouve que le français c'est une langue très jolie aussi.
Ne t'inquiete pas pour ton français