The car needs cleaned.

Alyssa Stark   Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:39 am GMT
Errico! Andrewsen! Quit your arguing! Ok, now to my point(s)...
1)All of my 19 years on this Earth, I've heard both "needs cleaned", and "needs to be cleaned", but I would have to personally have to agree with Andrew Robert Michael Hanson (ever thought of going by "arm"?), sorry 'rico.
2)It sounds like 'drew is just trying to be a nice guy while Mr. Enrico is being somewhat mean...

That's all I got!
Alyssa Loves Ya!

P.S.
Andrew, send me an email at aly_stark@hotmail.com, maybe we could meet or something... Love ya forever, "Arm"! (Eh?)
Brandy   Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:29 pm GMT
Andrew

I decided to read all your comments and they make much more sense than Enrico's after all. Now that I look at it I'm sorry for calling you mean-spirited. I know that you are a patriot and you care about the heritage of America, and sometimes you have to be tough. You're pretty tough. It seems you took everything pretty good and didn't get offended. And you offended the bad people on here. Like me. Sorry.

Enrico

I don't think it's apropriate or nice to call someone a han'jobber or a bitter old tart. Or should I call you a guest you coward. Sorry, that's what it boils down to when you can't stick to one side. English or someone else's interpretation of English. I think I found out that you were the mean-spirited one Enricpo. Sorry.

Guess that's all for now. thanks for making me see the truth Andrew. I will correct al my friends who say it wrongly too.

P.S. I got all your jokes. lol!

Ok. see you later.
Andrew   Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:12 am GMT
Ok, Alyssa. I do not think it wise that you give out your email address over a public forum open to anyone who might pretend to be me. While I am not a perverted stalker, there are those out there that may have less than desirable motives for contacting you. Out of shear conchise, I shall make no effort to communicate with you further than this website.

Thankyou, Brandy. You have revived in me a passion for keeping proper English current in the minds of all for the heritage of my country. I had lost hope in thinking that true English becomes more scarce each day and that none have the common sense that once was actually common amongst men.

I no longer wonder if my efforts are in vain, for I see that a spark of truth can ignite the smallest flame that, if fanned consistently, can make such a difference as reversing the thought process of one decided individual. I know it has, me.

I only hope now for Enrico that he would come to the same realization and not be so sour when proven completely ignorant of a common knowledge and understanding of structure. Mind you, I did not say he is wrong, only ignorant. And ignorance is the cause of wrong decisions, is it not? Through this theory, we come to the conclusive agreement that Enrico was indeed, dead wrong.

I thank you all for standing along side me in this debate, whether for or against my beliefs, you caused in me a stronger standing regarding what I know.

Andrew Hanson

P.S. I hate spam.
Enrico   Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:56 am GMT
Ahem... wrong but not wrong (which is it?) and ignorant about what? That's a clumsy accusation to make but to be expected, coming from someone arrogant. I made no comment (except for those little snickers) on the weird structure that is non-existent in my dialect. I was just taking the piss and it worked!

Common sense? You'll find opinions will vary too much on the issue to find commonality.

For what it's worth, I just accept that rules regarding spoken language aren't set in stone and that exceptions are a part of its ruleless evolution. There's no such thing as "true" English; there are lots of guidelines but you can't make rules for everything and everyone. Your "conclusive agreement" reeks of undeserved haughtiness.

PS. You hate spam but are full of "it".

PPS. What's Chief Cochise done to you Yanks this time... roll over or something?
Andrew   Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:42 pm GMT
Just where do you think the phrase "common sense" came from? Do you think that is improperly constructed due to the fact that in todays world it seems impossible? I see now. You wish to divide us all! To make between the American people no commonality whatsoever! I jest.

I know this is not your motivation. Your continuous and relentlessly beligerent attacks against what you can't accept will not draw my attention nor change the direction of this conversation. The subject we are speaking of is "Are helping verbs necassary or not?". Obviously, being they are an integral part of the English language, they are necassary.

But, being there is only a general guideline, I suppose I could just go around saying, "Hi. How was you in day?" or, "Here get over. I just did to find to your people a grape sour." Because that is proper phraseology in other languages, so it could be in ours too! Yay! Spanglish exists!

So, idiot, which is what you have lowered yourself to in my mind, acting as an adolescent female. I see you are one who believes in the ever preached yet non-existent relative truth, while the ever present absolute truth in this life includes: Law, Morals, Justice, Honor, Honesty, Integrity, Perseverence, Self-Control, Indomitable Spirit and my most treasured value, Freedom.

If you wish to argue my patriotism, which I can see would have been your next attack, tell me, "I not think you a patriot", because in your world I see that "exceptions are a part of *its ruleless evolution". The way this language is evolving, we will continue to lose our heritage, which is all I have been fighting against throughout the entirety of this discussion. Perhaps you are only fighting to prove a point. If so, then what is the point of continuing to disprove me?

There are many different spoken languages, all of which have a set of rules. English is one of those. Just because we have varrying rules throughout the world doesn't mean we can use another country's construction, which is what you are suggesting that we do.

Consistently, my friend, have you proven your self wrong through your own words and consistently you shall do so. You are wrong and desire to divide America, not conchisely, but sub-conchisely. However, now brought to conchise, you are no longer excused from ignorance, for proof of your mistake has been shown clearly to you. You must now choose either to continue in your pride and not admit your human mistake, or step down from your pedestal and take humbly some correction. Are you man enough to do that? (To borrow the colloquialism. Again.)

By your own ignorance you were wrong and are wrong. As I said above, it is not because you intentionally desired to be wrong, it is because of your ignorance. You were not conchisely aware of your mistake. Now you are. Change yourself.

Andrew
Enrrrrico   Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:03 am GMT
Haha, you're so neurotic. But I don't know what you're still going on about. I honestly don't care about about your petty patriotism or "The car needs cleaned.". I've just happened to hear a couple of Scots use a similar construction in their dialect but using the word "clean-uht", e.g. "the car needs clean-uht". I won't jeer at it anymore if it upsets you, I swear....................................... naht!!!

I couldn't be bothered reading the rest of your blah that perverses the course of justi... truth. As I skim it, I notice a lot of your usual, common blunders. By the way, what's a "conchise" (brought to conchise?), my insolent little man? A demonstration of your ignorance and "wrong and wrong" English? Change your English.
Enrrrrico   Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:12 am GMT
*perverses => perverts
(well, I did have you in mind)
Brandy   Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:53 pm GMT
Ok. Enough. I am Andrew! I know I had you all guessing! So, that's the truth. Will, Chan Li and Alyssa are also collaborative hoax's!

I know you think there are a couple of squabbling idiots on here, but actually, the entire argument between Enrico and Andrew was completely orchestrated by none other than me!

My real name is Andy Peterson and I live in Goodtown, USA, but you have no way of proving that do you?

Sorry to ruffle some feathers my friends. I did enjoy looking at this subject. Thankyou for your time.

Now some words from Enrico...
Enrico   Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:56 pm GMT
Insolent twerp. I do exsist! Idiot!!!

As you can see, a forum with no memberships and no true identification system is really faulty to no end. I can be anyone I want! That was the point behind the discussion that has transpired over the past two weeks.

God Bless all,
Andy
Brandy   Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:04 pm GMT
Who is that guy? He is trying to steal identity. I guess there isn't a identity on this site. Sorry.

And then chan li would say, "you is dumb! you think there no identity!"

And Allysa says, "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! lol! Hi ya, every1!!! Stop ur fightin!

Enrico says, "Haha, you're so neurotic."

Andrew says, "Undoubtedly so, you have become ruthless to no end, impeding upon anothers identity. I was at odds with Enrico, now I am forced to collaborate with him, my sworn foe. Though I still think he's completely and illegitemately wrong."

Brandy replies, "The world is so mean! How could you trick me like that? I can't believe you! You are an ugly person inside!"

With regards, all,

Andy
Dick   Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:08 pm GMT
Whoa! This has been interesting to read the last few pages! Now it all makes sense. Ha ha! Good joke!

Dick Van Dyke
Enrico   Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:32 pm GMT
Ha. I don't need to prove that I exist. I have nothing to prove to you. What you have done borders on fraud and will not be dealt with lightly. You have been warned.

I'm sorry you had to resort to such a method to escape this conversation, andy-pansy. You are a freak.

Sincerely, Enrrrrico
brook cabo   Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:59 am GMT
what? the car needs cleandes is stupied. why are you so dum andey poop and enricocopastaderfun
Guest   Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:04 pm GMT
oH, DUMB!
Enrico   Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:02 pm GMT
You are so ridiculous and little minded, I have no words for your stupidity! Insolence comes to mind, but I fear that is too soft a jab. You are a fool. You are going to pay for your idiocrocy. And all your common blunders and idioms will not go unmentioned in my stupidest idiots hall of fame record.

You are far beyond help, or even the thought of this.

You have gone beyond and will not return.

Good luck all!

The Dark Man, Mysterio

Hidden behind a cloud of poisonous fog...