Does English risk being replaced?

Guest   Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:58 am GMT
It is true US is the only superpower in the world. That's fine enough. The real issue is all about this: the US regime has been doggedly & shamelessly pursuing naked military aggression & expansion in the world with unbridled wild ambition to control and manipulate the world. That is all the EVIL. US is nothing but a modern Roman Empire. US thus deserves to be cursed. All evils cannot prevail over good long in the world. US is doomed to decline and fall, if not demise, so is English!
Jessyca   Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:59 am GMT
I just listed my own opinion (isn't that what forums are about?), I never said there was anything WRONG with it, just stated that I didn't care for it. Truely sorry if I offended.
Jessyca   Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:00 am GMT
The message above this was for Q...
Neutral Observer   Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:14 am GMT
<<I wonder, have you actually ever BEEN to America? >>

Yes. I have been to usa twice. First time in NY and second time in CA. You are right not all American girls wear skimpy clothes but there are who DO wear such clothes in public. I have photos of them. Anyhow, you are not a typical American girl it seems.
Jessyca   Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:32 am GMT
Typical? It's the not typical American girls who wear stuff like that, thanks. And what do you mean you have photos??
Neutral Observer   Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:27 am GMT
I have photos of them that I took during my trips. They wore skimpy clothes in public. I don't have my scanner working otherwise I would put some of them for you to see online. Yeah, they did not look like sluts, they looked like decent girls but they still wore brazen clothes in PUBLIC.
Guest   Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:30 am GMT
BTW, America is so big that maybe where you live , only trousers and jeans are the norms no bikini and short clothes are common. Where do you come from in usa? from Village I suppose?
Another Guest   Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:01 pm GMT
To saleh bin tariq

... Females are the work of Allah and Allah does not make any thing in the universe ugly. But your Western females do the work of Shaitan...

And whose work is Shaitan? Not Allah's?

The Western women wear clothes which you call "shameful" to expose their beauty. And men whose women has nothing to expose, invent stories of Shaitan
chislo   Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:32 am GMT
To saleh bin tariq

Please let me know
User   Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:33 pm GMT
>> Yes. I have been to usa twice. First time in NY and second time in CA. You are right not all American girls wear skimpy clothes but there are who DO wear such clothes in public. <<

Well you have to remember that the climate in California is very hot year-round, as well as New York in the summertime, so of course the girls would wear skimpy clothing. Why would they want people to see them sweating in the heat, and why would they want to be uncomfortable. Secondly, you have to realize that many Americans are either Atheist (the belief that there are no gods), Agnostic (the belief that they don't know if there are any gods, and don't believe that you do either), liberal Protestant (Monotheistic--there is only one god, and he loves everyone, and everyone will go to heaven regardless of what they do), Catholic (becoming more and more like the Protestants as the years go by--if you do something wrong, simply confess to the Church [yeah I know I'm being overly simplistic]), or perhaps Taoist (no gods), or maybe New Age (various beliefs), or there are those that practice Witchcraft (some make sacrafices to several gods wearing nothing at all) and the list goes on and on. Not all that many Americans are Moslems, although of course there are a few. So, you have to look at it from an American's perspective--skimpy clothing is not against most of those religions, and many Americans don't take their religions very seriously as it is--some like to pick and choose from a bunch of religions their favorite aspects, and ignore the parts that sound too restrictive or boring. Many Americans view the Mohammedian religion as being rather barbaric and oppressive, saying that it's too extreme of a religion (it does seem similar to some extreme forms of Christianity), and that it oppresses women, by forcing them to cover themselves. Many Americans do not at all approve of the Mohammedian religion, because it does not sound very fun--sort of fatalistic and doom and gloom. So, you just have to remember that most Americans have different religious views than you do, and you shouldn't judge them based on your religion, because they simply do not believe in your religion.
A Muslim   Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:35 pm GMT
User, you have explained everything in black and white. Americans don't follow the religion of Islam so its teachings are not imposed on them in general. They are free to do whatever they feel free to do. We as muslims should not object their ways of living. Neither Americans or British should have dman problems with muslim's ways of living. American and British politicians should shut up their mouths as well about our ways of living. They do not have a right to call our religion a barbaric and primitive one. Don'r like the religion, don't follow it, but please dont go on and calling it with silly names and make fun of it. Get on with their life. So I apologize all Americans as a muslim on behalf of Saleh's ill-fated comments directed at them.

User, just out of academic interest I am asking you a simple question. Why is it that all muslim countries have a low ratio of HIV?
Saleh bin Tariq   Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:09 am GMT
<< To saleh bin tariq

Please let me know >>

Shaitan's work is not Allah's but Allah permits Shaitan to test our faith so that Allah will know who is to be saved and who is to be damned on Judgement Day.
Guest   Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:28 am GMT
>>
so that Allah will know who is to be saved and who is to be damned on Judgement Day. <<

Yep. Sounds like fundamentalist Christianity. The Jehovah's Witnesses say something similar--although they say all the non-Jehovah's Witnesses will be damned. Hmm. Who to believe... I know... None of them!
person   Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:58 pm GMT
>> "Though, many Americans also listen to country...disgusting..."

What's wrong with country music?? It's the best kind of music. It's much better than any other kind of music out there. <<

\No offence Q but i have to agree with Jessyca. Country is slow and boring. Rock is much better, I mean have you ever given it a chance?
That is why they call it ROCK .....................................
Anti_rock   Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:27 am GMT
I take pain-killers after listening to Rock music, too much screaming and loudness make me puke and give me a headache. I listen to music for relaxation not for getting sick.