French vs German vs Spanish? Difficulty & Usefulness?

Latin   Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:14 am GMT
>>>Guest Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:23 am GMT
Your mom is closer to Chamorro, she's a Chavacana.<<<

LOOOOL!!!
Vlad   Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:09 am GMT
<<Costa Rica, Chile and Argentina have incomes (per capita) around 12,000 US dollars, that's something no country in Africa can match. Also, although Mexico is poor, it's "massive", it holds a large population and all Mexico together is more economically powerful than Russia.>>

Shut up! Read the Almanac 2006 and go to individual articles of each country and you will find out that the GNP of Russia is $1.5 trillion while Mexico and Spain barely reached the $1 trillion mark.

You hispanics(I will not refer to you as latinos because the original Latins do not have something to do in this verbal brawl). You are bunch of liars. You love to invent information at the expense of others and with that, it proves your vanity.
Guest   Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:24 am GMT
Salut a vous!

Je suis de la Guinée équatoriale Équatoriale. Je crois que le bubi est plus important que l'espagnol.

J'ai paure que je crois le français est plus utile que le bubi. La raison est il plus utile Beaucoup de peuple autour du monde l'apprennent car les contributions du Français au monde est durable.

Merci bien et a la prochaine!
From Spain   Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:12 pm GMT
Les ordinateurs sont arrivés en Guinée Équatoriale. Le français n'est pas parfait mais ils ont des ordinateurs grâce aux Français! On n'y mange pas trop bien mais, désormais, on a des ordinateurs!

Vive le Bubi international!
Guest   Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:26 pm GMT
<< Les ordinateurs sont arrivés en Guinée Équatoriale. Le français n'est pas parfait mais ils ont des ordinateurs grâce aux Français! On n'y mange pas trop bien mais, désormais, on a des ordinateurs!

Vive le Bubi international! >>

Non, je pense qu'il parle bien le français, c'est juste une forme de la langue différente, il y a le français camerounais, algérien, québecois, belge ou suisse...
Par pure curiosité, "J'ai paure" signifie quoi?
Eric   Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:59 pm GMT
<<"J'ai paure" signifie quoi?>>

"J'ai peur", probablement.
From somewhere between 40   Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:10 pm GMT
Spanish is deceivingly easy since you can say simple sentences from day one and it just have 5 vowel sounds. But it´ll take many years to be able to master it and many more to be able to write it. French sounds harder and it is harder than Spanish. German on the other hand does not deceive you: It´s hard from day one and pretty soon you´ll realize that you´ll never be able to master it. Germans enjoy making things difficult and they normal succeed.
Guest   Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:07 am GMT
>>>CORRECTION<<<

Salut a vous!

Je suis de la Guinée Équatoriale. Je crois que le bubi est plus important que l'espagnol.

J'ai <peur> que je crois le français est plus utile que le bubi. La raison est il plus utile Beaucoup de peuple autour du monde l'apprennent car les contributions du Français au monde est durable. <Je trouve le fang aussi est trest utile>

Merci bien et a la prochaine!
Vlad   Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:16 am GMT
Russian is world language. American astronauts are required to be proficient in it. Nobody can uderestimate its importance.

A number of non-native Russian speaking countries such as Mongolia, Estonian, Uzbekistan etc. use it as a bridge to make communication easier with other nationalities whose languages are different from theirs.
michael   Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:03 am GMT
I don't think Russian is a very useful language. You can use it in Russia, some of the former occupied areas that were Soviet republics (like you already mentioned) and that was about it. Nobody in the rest of the world really likes this language, especially in Eastern Europe where it will always remain a hated language of the former occupying forces. Don't even try Russian in these countries, only English and German are useful.
Like any other Slavic language, it's very hard for a speaker of a Romance or Germanic language, as there are no similarities. And they even have their own alphabet!
michael   Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:21 am GMT
@somewhere between 40

You cannot conclude a character of a whole nation from what the language sounds to you or how difficult it is in your eyes. What comes next? All French are gay because French sounds gay to you?
If a language is too difficult for you, well, then it's simply a problem with your intelligence. You can't blame the language for it!
Just FYI: German has approx. 120 million native speakers, French approx. 80 million. Are they all linguistic geniuses in your eyes then?
Somewhere bt 40 and 50 de   Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:53 pm GMT
For Michael. you didn't like my opinion, fine! I have a EE advanced degree. I can translate Ovid or Tacitus besides simple classical Greek texts. I am fluent in French, Spanish and English and can understand Italian and Portuguese. And yes... I found German very hard to master. I had to give it up. And yes. from my professional experience, Germans enjoy making things complicated... but that doesn't make them smarter. I still love Audis, though!
Guest   Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:01 pm GMT
German language is easier than spanish; french is easier than spanish too.
Spanish is the one of the hardest language in Western Europe and I believe that you can learn german, french or danish in five- six months (1 year to speak them as well as possible); you can learn norwegian, swedish, dutch in seven- eight months (1 year to speak them as well as possible); in 4- 5 months you'll be able to understand almost everything in italian, catalan, portouguese, romanian; I understand albanian language only because a friend of mine is from Tirana and he taught me all I need to understand this beautiful language; you'll need about 4 or 5 years to understand something spanish!!!
Yes spanish is more more more difficoult than french, german, scandinavian lang, italian, catalan, portouguese, romanian.
Spanish is hard; Portouguese, Italian, Romanian, French, Catalan are not able to understand Spanish but Spanish understand all them.
Spanish is my mother language and I'm very glad of this!!!!
Andrew   Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:48 pm GMT
I take French, and I like it. It's not that hard and really nice sounding (although my pronunciation isn't that great!) We are currently learning the passe composse with the 17 verbs that are used with etre instead of avoir, it is a big confusing but I bet it is easy compared to someone learning English!

Anyway, I live in Vermont and it is close to Quebec and everyone speaks French there. Plus, Vermont has French heritage and there is not a lot of need to learn Spanish even though I want to someday. But, for now I am stuck with French and I really like it! SO learn it because it is really universal.
Talia   Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:38 am GMT
assholes, stop comparing langauges you know nothing about.

Honey- German has more genders than Spanish and a more complex grammar, you know nothing about it, so shut up. German is phonetic and double Ts are necessary to distinguish between long and short vowels. I hate when peopel learn one language, think it's the hardest and then they're like.. it's harder because of this and this and this...

French is the easiest, then comes Spanish, then comes German...

German's the best though