Students at a disadvantage

Bridget   Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:52 pm GMT
<Is that a problem? Should we use different IPs? >

Go use another academy, Mitch! ;-)
M56   Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:04 pm GMT
<The quote that 'Mitch' (who by the way uses the same IP as Bridget, M56, and Pos) >

I'm surprised that you should reveal such information, Josh. Now, all those who use the PCs in our academy may have their privacy/anonymity at risk. Shocked to see you should be so insensitive.
Pos   Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:06 pm GMT
<Now, all those who use the PCs in our academy may have their privacy/anonymity at risk. Shocked to see you should be so insensitive. >

Too right! If I find out who Bridget is, I'll slap her. She is an arrogant swine! If you are sitting here in this room, Bridget...
Pos   Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:16 pm GMT
<I didn't say what the IP was, so I don't see how that affects anything. Besides, I suspect that you're all the same person anyway. >

That's even more manipulative to say such. What is your motive? Do limit those who have similar views?
Bridget   Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:21 pm GMT
Dear students of our academy, I've just posted this notice on the canteen board:

IF YOU USE THE FORUM AT ANTIMOON.COM, I SUGGEST THAT YOU POST AS "GUEST" FROM NOW ON. ONE OF THEIR MEMBERS IS REVEALING SEMI-PERSONAL INFORMATION WHICH MAY IN THE END JEOPARDIZE YOUR ANONYMITY. BE WARNED.
Pos   Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:23 pm GMT
<Dear students of our academy, I've just posted this notice on the canteen board: >

I'll still search you out. You can't hide from me, arrogant one.
Guest   Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:24 pm GMT
<Dear students of our academy, I've just posted this notice on the canteen board:

IF YOU USE THE FORUM AT ANTIMOON.COM, I SUGGEST THAT YOU POST AS "GUEST" FROM NOW ON. ONE OF THEIR MEMBERS IS REVEALING SEMI-PERSONAL INFORMATION WHICH MAY IN THE END JEOPARDIZE YOUR ANONYMITY. BE WARNED. >

Thanks. I'll be careful from now on. Shocking that he was allowed to post that info.
Guest   Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:30 pm GMT
Pos, it is okay to write with different names but change your writing style if you want to pretend different persons. You seem suspicious in that way. Otherwise stick to one name. You are welcome.
Pos   Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:52 pm GMT
<but change your writing style if you want to pretend different persons.>

Before you give advice, learn to use English well.
furrykef   Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:43 pm GMT
<< The question was aimed at teachers and asked what they could do to help their students. Are you saying that teachers may not necessarily be needed? >>

Well, this is Antimoon, of course. In a sense, the main website is all about not really needing a teacher. ;)

<< Thanks. I'll be careful from now on. Shocking that he was allowed to post that info. >>

No it isn't. There are many forums that post IP addresses publicly for all to see. Moreover, revealing that several people use the same IP address, without so much as revealing what that address is, is hardly an invasion of privacy or compromising anonymity. The only thing it does is narrow things down to four possibilities:

1. Perhaps you are all the same person
2. Perhaps you are not the same person and you use the same computer
3. Perhaps you all use the same network, for instance at a university (which is the possibility that you yourself indicate; by narrowing things down even further, you just revealed more information than Josh did!)
4. Perhaps you all use the same proxy server

Moreover, since we've long noticed that you all seem to participate together in the same threads, none of these possibilities are surprising. It was hardly a shocking revelation. :)

- Kef
furrykef   Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:45 pm GMT
<< (which is the possibility that you yourself indicate; by narrowing things down even further, you just revealed more information than Josh did!) >>

By "you" I meant Bridget. I forgot that this was possibly a different poster.
Guest   Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:42 pm GMT
<Before you give advice, learn to use English well. >

It is my third langauge so I tend to make mistakes. As long as you can understand my message, my mistakes are pardonable. In addition, I don't live in an English speaking country. You know what, in order to cheat well with the system, you need brains which you certainly don't have, and you have been exposed miserably by Josh. More power to him!

<but please change your writing style if you pretend to be different persons.>

If still that sentence does not make any sense, please reword it correctly. I'll appreciate your help. I try my best to learn from my mistakes and I don't feel shame about it. If you are still incandescent with rage because of today's affairs, and if you don't want to help me out with my mistakes, I'd suggest Kef to do so, as he is a fresh breath to the forum.

Mitch/pos/Bridget/M56, please don't gang up on him and run him away. This forum will lose a diamond of knowledge and we learners don't want to see that happening.
Guest   Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:06 pm GMT
<Well, this is Antimoon, of course. In a sense, the main website is all about not really needing a teacher. ;) >

Really? I would say that most of the native posters here try to TEACH English. You included.
Guest   Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:08 pm GMT
<The only thing it does is narrow things down to four possibilities:>

5th: It's nobody's business.
Guest   Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:45 pm GMT
<5th: It's nobody's business. >

To Mitch/pos/M56/Bridget

6th: It's everyone's business if you try to gang up on someone with no obvious reasons.