Can British people pretend to speak like Americans?

Jasper   Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:20 pm GMT
Uriel:

Hi, there.

I lived in Seattle for a short time in '81.

There was a poem--a sentence--we used to use to remember the streets in Seattle. (The avenues are numbers). I've forgotten what it was; can you help?
Uriel   Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:17 am GMT
No idea because i myself am not from there, but I looked up "Seattle street mnemonic" and got Jesus Christ Made Seattle Ugly On Purpose (or Under Pressure or Under Protest). Take your pick.

Damian: no idea if there are many Scots in Seattle, but good-looking man in a skirt on a windy day is a sight i've always prayed for....
Guest   Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:03 am GMT
Are Scots good-looking??? It's a news to me
Guest   Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:15 am GMT
< URIEL: no idea if there are many Scots in new mexico, but good-looking uriel in no clothes on a windy day is a sight i've always prayed for.... >

i was trying to be funny.................................;)
DamiAn in London SW15   Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:54 am GMT
Trying to be funny, GUEST? I reckon we'll leave that one open for URIEL alone to judge whether it was funny or not. I couldnae possibly comment.

PUB LUNCH: Whats an A and an E between mates. Think nothing of it - Damian/Damien - what the heck - I've been taken for the omen of doom all my life. I see that Basildon Brian ....(of Big Brother 8, the bloke who professes to be more stupid than he really is - he maintained that he had never heard of Shakespeare! I mean ffs - come on! Everybody's heard of Will - even in Basildon! There! - I've got my revenge! :-) )..... has coined a new form of personal insult in the UK and it seems to be spreading - yoghurt top....meaning an annoying dickhead, some muppet who winds you up big time. When asked by BB exactly why "yoghurt top", he explained that it's annoying when you open up a tub of yoghurt and there's a lot of the stuff still clinging to the underside of the lid top, and if you try and lick it all off with your tongue some of it gets on your nose. I've already heard it being used, and nothing to do with tubs of yoghurt.

URIEL: Scotland has plenty of windy days and plenty of good looking guys in skirts. You'd be in seventh heaven standing on the corner of Edinburgh's Princes Street and Frederick Street in a force 6 north easterly - unrestricted views. As for Scots in Seattle - there just HAS to be some there - we're everywhere, hen!" (Hen is a term of affection - especially in Glasgow).

GUEST says: ***Are Scots good-looking??? It's a news to me***

Here's news for our yoghurt top friend:

http://www.dateahotscot.com/Meet_the_Scots13.html

A fair number of these guys come from my home city. :-) The official weather forecast for the UK this coming week is for strong winds from the west......
DamiAn in London SW15   Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:57 am GMT
This guy from Edinburgh actually IS a DamiEn:

http://www.dateahotscot.com/cgi-bin/hotscots.cgi?bio,9
Damian in London SW15   Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:02 pm GMT
Oloroso in Edinburgh: I've been to this place loads of time! That's our Castle in the background. Oloroso - gets pretty windy up there sometimes......I'll have to watch out for Damien next time I am up there now I know what he looks like.

http://www.dateahotscot.com/cgi-bin/hotscots.cgi?bio,9
Guest   Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:21 pm GMT
http://www.dateahotscot.com/Meet_the_Scots13.html
Are you trying to be funny? Some of these men are OK but to say they are beautiful...
Anyway Scots are SURELY more pretty than English for sure. I think Englishmen and Englishwomen are the less pretty people in Europe, without offense to anybody. The umbelievable thing is that they unload tons and tons of shit and indecent stereotypes on other people!!!! look at you English before talking!
Don't say this is a generalisation because I knew a lot of English.
Scots are OK they are much more pretty and friendly and they are surely more interesting under the kilt....
Liz   Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:34 pm GMT
<<Here's news for our yoghurt top friend:

http://www.dateahotscot.com/Meet_the_Scots13.html>>

And where are *you*, DamiAn? :-)
Lea   Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:45 pm GMT
What is a yoghurt top friend?
Guest   Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:50 pm GMT
I was trying to figure that out, too.
Liz   Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:02 pm GMT
<<What is a yoghurt top friend?>>
Damian explained it in his message.
Damian in London SW15   Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:26 pm GMT
***Anyway Scots are SURELY more pretty than English for sure. I think Englishmen and Englishwomen are the less pretty people in Europe, without offense to anybody.***

I reckon Englishmen and Englishwomen would pretty much take offense (sorry - offence) at what you've just said. :-) Sorry - I have to disagree with you really. I've met loads of really fit looking EM and EW. It depends what sort of beauty your eyes see as a beholder. In a European context there is a wide difference between the fair haired, fair skinned, blue eyed, cool and collected and more reserved Northern Europ[eans - and the dark haired, dark skinned, hot and smouldering dark eyed, passionate and fiery ougpoing and demonstrative Southern Europeans

The umbelievable thing is that they unload tons and tons of shit and indecent stereotypes on other people!!!! look at you English before talking!***

UNbelievable! - to whom do your refer when you say "you English"? I'm about as English as a bannock and a finnan haddie. :-)
*Interesting under the kilt* - could be, but so could the English guys be if they took to wearing the tartan traditionally and weren't afeared of a touch of frostbite now and again.

LIZ: I'm (temporarily as far as I know right now) 400 miles south from home right now in London's leafy suburbs - missing home in a way, and in a way I'm not - I love London really - a real blast of a city and I don't come in to contact with too many yoghurt tops. Only trouble with London is that it's so bloody expensive!!! Wow! I don't know how I'd manage without my London allowance (special supplement added to salary for living in London) - and my oyster card. I'm off out now to have some fun using one and spending some of the other. Cheers!
Damian in SW15   Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:28 pm GMT
**passionate and fiery ougpoing and demonstrative Southern Europeans **
typo - ouTgoing
Guest   Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:40 pm GMT
well, english women are really nice and very well eduated. That's been my experience.