Question For Non Navite Spanish Speakers

Gabriella   Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:36 pm GMT
I would like to answer Amy. Maybe my case is a bit particular, because I'm half English and half Spanish. Therefore, I'm used to British accent and Spanish accent from Spain. And I've always been told that the correct English accent is the one spoken on the BBC, while the correct Spanish accent would be the one spoken in the north-middle of the country, or high classes in both cases. This is not exactly true, who can say which accent is the best? But I can tell that this ones are "well seen", society wise. About American people speaking Spanish, it obviously depends on where the particular American is from. But I would say the image that comes to a standard European, English, Spaniard or any other, would be of a Texan Bush lookalike shouting and usually confusing masculine and femenine while saying things like "yeah" and "yoknaw" every two words, which probably is far from true. By the way, I know this isn't the question in this post, but the English accent I like best is British (south England, not north or cockney), NY and Boston
João   Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:02 am GMT
I dont find spanish a hard language to learn, i think it's pretty easy for a portuguese like me.

I agree with those that say that spanish is a important language in the Americas, undoubtly, not in Europe maybe.

Nevertheless i find myself lucky to understand spanish without learning it at school :)
Sarah   Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:57 am GMT
You shouldn't have any problem learning portuguese even if English is your first language; anyway i don't like portuguese it sounds aggressive, obviously if you know Spanish already portuguese will be simple..sure!!
Now i'm intered to know if Spanish sounds like French??? can anybody answer my question??
Iasmin   Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:03 am GMT
Spanish sounds like a mixture of French, German and Arabic.
sarah   Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:16 am GMT
I dont find spanish a hard language to learn, i think it's pretty easy for a portuguese like me.

I agree with those that say that spanish is a important language in the Americas, undoubtly, not in Europe maybe.

Nevertheless i find myself lucky to understand spanish without learning it at school :)

This is the worst comment that I had ever seen before ... obviously a portuguese speaker understand spanish as well like a spanish speaker does understand portuguese;if you ask an italian speaker will answer the same thing ; If you ask a francophone; it will say "no"that's because spanish is more difficult to understand for french speaking people.That happends becuase spanish is similar to french but not like portugues is similar to it.
It happends to me to 've never had portuguese in my life and i do understand everything pretty easy portuguese but it's unnecessary to learn for spanish speaking people

Obviously Spanish is one of the most important languages in the Americas. It shouldn't be discussing here Of course..
sarah jr   Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:27 am GMT
I agree. It is the worst comment I ever saw.
Spanish is unnecessary to learn for Portuguese speaking people, because Spanish peop and Portuguese peop understand each other. Portuguese is an agressive language, yes. It is not a girlish language. It is a language for people with personality.
Cris   Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:10 pm GMT
«It happends to me to 've never had portuguese in my life and i do understand everything pretty easy portuguese but it's unnecessary to learn for spanish speaking people »

Não entendi nada do que está dizendo. Pode repetir em Português?
João   Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:32 pm GMT
For the moron person above this thread is called "Question For Non Navite Spanish Speakers"

So being a non-spanish speaker I gave you my personal oppinion for this issue.

It is indeed easy for a portuguese speaker to learn and speak spanish, as it should be easier for a dutchman to understand german than a romance language speaker, what's your problem?

Now I would say that comment above "Nevertheless i find myself lucky to understand spanish without learning it at school :)" is the most idiot comment i've ever read in this forum. You must be very proud of yourself, some take graduated classes to read/write a language you understand it without taking lessons. How far do you understand it?

Asking if spanish sounds like french proves your ignorance in romance languages
Gringo   Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:40 pm GMT
««anyway i don't like portuguese it sounds aggressive»»

Interesting opinion.

Just to say that Cervantes also had an opinion about the sound of the Portuguese language. He thought it was the most sweet and pleasant together with the language of valencia:

“Cerca de Valencia...y graciosa lengua, con quien solo la portuguesa puede competir en ser dulce y agradable”

"Near Valencia ...and graceful language, with which only the Portuguese can compete in being sweet and pleasant".[Persiles]

“Y si de aquestas le pesa, porque son escabrosas (las lenguas), mostraréle las melosas valenciana y portuguesa”. [La Gran Sultana]

The opinion that will be reminded will be the one of Miguel de Cervantes.
Gringo   Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:44 pm GMT
"Valencian (valencià) is the historical, traditional, and official name used in the Land of Valencia (Spain) to refer to the language spoken therein, also known as Catalan" [wikipedia]
Gringo   Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:23 pm GMT
The opinion that will be reminded will be the one of Miguel de Cervantes.

*rmembered
Beautiful   Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:59 pm GMT
You guys are gay.... Puró Mexicó.
King   Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:03 am GMT
You are a Fucking idiot
Guest   Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:42 pm GMT
I am italian; For me is very easy to understand spanish both in written and spoken form; I haven't never studied spanish grammar, but I know that it is very hard (so as italian grammar is).
Milion of people in the world speak spanish as native language in Europe and in America and lot of people in many countries are studing it at school or are attending spanish language course, so I believe that it could be considered as one of the most important languages in the world.

Sorry for my english...but I'm very tired, I've worked a lot, today!!
It's possible that my message is fool of mistakes but, I repeat, I'm tired, I want to go bed!!!

CIAUUUUUUUUU!!!
Eric   Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:48 pm GMT
Beautiful: <<You guys are gay>>

Gay guys? Where are they? :-)

(Italian) Guest: <<my message is *fool* of mistakes>>

So *full* of mistake that it has become *fool*ish? ;-)
Anyway, have a good night!