By who? For who?

Guest   Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:51 am GMT
Take a look at this post.

henryt Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:27 pm GMT
I agree with guest. It's a waste of time. I hate looking at Mexicans little yet speaking to them. The prospect of living in Mexico or another Latin American country would just about finish me. It's just such a hell hole compared to Europe.

"I hate looking at Mexicans"
Guest   Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:23 am GMT
Yes, he needs to be banned.
Go,...um, Antimoon...and Josh!
DX   Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:45 pm GMT
Hey, I am being banned because Josh, Trav and Furry are dumber-downers. They ban anyone who does not agree with their descriptivist nonsense.
Guest   Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:14 pm GMT
<<Hey, I am being banned because Josh, Trav and Furry are dumber-downers. They ban anyone who does not agree with their descriptivist nonsense.<<

Listen DWHATEVER, I'm not for banning (and deleting threads and stuff); but you're nor being banned for THAT and you know it. You're being banned 'cause you enjoy being a pain in the ass too much. You get to get no sympathy.
guest   Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:14 pm GMT
<<Hey, I am being banned because Josh, Trav and Furry are dumber-downers. They ban anyone who does not agree with their descriptivist nonsense. >>

uh, no, Because I don't agree with them either most of the time and I have never been banned.

You're being banned because you are *disruptive without reason*, *rude*, *arrogant* and a 'know-it-all' (rather, a *'know-it-nothing'*). You come in here with a chip on your shoulder and expect everyone else to accept you carte blanche.

If you do not change your unacceptable behavior, you are going to find this same reaction almost everywhere you go.
Guest   Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:08 pm GMT
DX/D? does not annoy me (except that raghead comment which was really bad)...and his attitude is, yeah, a little over-the-top.

I don't care if someone is a descriptivist or prescriptivist. Linguistics isn't a religion (or is it, Noam?) afaik. There should be room for various opinions.

I can understand the viewpoint each has and to me, those who have differing views about English are exciting, not annoying.

Of course, I dislike reading racist comments from anyone and I dislike it when one of the moderators doesn't realize that two of the semi-regulars here are minor, but vocal racists in the United States and that another is a "hater" from another country.
Travis   Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:19 pm GMT
>>DX/D? does not annoy me (except that raghead comment which was really bad)...and his attitude is, yeah, a little over-the-top.<<

To me the biggest thing here really is D?'s attitude more than anything else. Yes, I strongly disagree with prescriptivism, but I would not be for banning anyone over that alone. However, it is their general disruptiveness that is the issue here in reality, not their particular views on descriptivism versus prescriptivism.

>>Of course, I dislike reading racist comments from anyone and I dislike it when one of the moderators doesn't realize that two of the semi-regulars here are minor, but vocal racists in the United States and that another is a "hater" from another country.<<

What do you mean by that exactly (because honestly I am not quite sure who you are referring to here)?
Guest   Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:27 pm GMT
I don't find anything disruptive in DX's attitude.
Guest   Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:47 pm GMT
Travis,

I could really stir up a hornet's nest if I "outed" some of the posters here. I'm not talking about whether someone is gay or not, of course-but racism, sometimes obviously racist, sometimes veiled racist comments and those who support them.

I'm still baffled at why Josh or Brennus did not notice some of the craziest stuff at Antimoon. I realize that some of it is written in other languages, but some of it is written in English.

I hope the moderators are simply missing this, not that they approve of it.
Travis   Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:49 pm GMT
If you're referring to many a poster on the "Languages" forum, I've long written off a large portion of the population of that forum. That forum has gotten better recently, honestly, but some of the posters on there are still really wack, to say the very least...
Guest   Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:06 pm GMT
"I hope the moderators are simply missing this, not that they approve of it."

Haha, God blesses ingenuity
Guest   Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:10 pm GMT
Really wack, is right. But actually I am referring to three semi-regulars, not just the occasional troll.

I wish Josh would not consider that someone is "sane' until he reads all the posts.

Perhaps some have trouble following the posts and understanding them.

Oh well, maybe the offenders will show up again and be so blatant that they'll be banned next time.

End of rant.
Guest   Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:26 pm GMT
I would like to add this, which I think some people suspect already: There are forumers who use their regular nickname to post normally and Guest for trolling. It's not my case of course, I use Guest for everything.
guest   Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:33 pm GMT
<<I would like to add this, which I think some people suspect already: There are forumers who use their regular nickname to post normally and Guest for trolling. It's not my case of course, I use Guest for everything. >>

DUH, you think?
Guest   Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:10 pm GMT
<<I am referring to three semi-regulars<<
P-lease, let's not play silly games; you can copy/paste some examples of their posts, that's not too hard, 'cause I have no idea who are you referring to.