By who? For who?

Guest   Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:11 pm GMT
What would you consider trolling? When I see political ads (i.e. Ron Paul this, Ron Paul, that), that seems like trolling to me.
Guest   Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:30 pm GMT
"P-lease, let's not play silly games; you can copy/paste some examples of their posts, that's not too hard, 'cause I have no idea who are you referring to."

Heck, you may be one of them.

My point is that as bad as DJ/DX is (and he was pretty bad), there is a poster from Asia who is almost as bad, then there are the JLKs, the crazy "Germanics" and the crazy "hispanics"...

I'm not against German or Spanish. That would be insane. I'm against crazy racists.
Guest   Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:36 pm GMT
You forgot the crazy frogs.
Guest   Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:40 pm GMT
"I would like to add this, which I think some people suspect already: There are forumers who use their regular nickname to post normally and Guest for trolling. It's not my case of course, I use Guest for everything."

I use "guest" sometimes because I forget to sign in. Then there is the guest who thinks it's egotistical to use a nickname. I just don't want to deal with a certain unknown guest, so I don't use a nickname consistently.
Guest   Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:42 pm GMT
I didn't notice that there were crazy frogs. If you mean people writing in French, well, there's no problem. They write in Chinese, Russian, Spanish, Armenian (I think) and a few other languages here at times.
furrykef   Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:21 pm GMT
<< Hey, I am being banned because Josh, Trav and Furry are dumber-downers. They ban anyone who does not agree with their descriptivist nonsense. >>

No. You are banned because you are uncivil. We have had plenty of similar disagreements on these forums that have gone without incident. Why? Because both parties were civil. You have not been. Therefore, you get the banhammer. Don't act all surprised about it.

Also, since you are not civil, I don't think you're in any position to talk about "culture" or "dumbing down". You seem to talk a lot about class distinctions, about what separates the elite. Well, why don't you recognize that you're on the bottom of this forum's social ladder?

<< I don't find anything disruptive in DX's attitude. >>

Calling somebody "Raghead" is certainly disruptive. He's never apologized for it, either, and I doubt he ever will. Instead he's going to continue to play the victim, even though I really cannot imagine why somebody who would call somebody that shouldn't be permabanned.

He also tends to drag me into arguments about what my name is (insisting that my name is "Kev", not "Kef"), as if he were more of an authority on what my own name is than I am. He knows that it provokes me, and Josh has asked him to stop, and he has never once stopped doing it. There are other instances of his lack of civility as well.

- Kef
Guest   Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:24 pm GMT
JLK is behaving lately; I dislike his friend Trollete, though.
But seriously, there would be very little left if mods were to conduct your strict policies against trolls and "trolls".
Guest   Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:27 pm GMT
<<I just don't want to deal with a certain unknown guest, so I don't use a nickname consistently.<<

You're K.T. right? I was wondering where you are. ;-)
Guest   Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:43 pm GMT
"He also tends to drag me into arguments about what my name is (insisting that my name is "Kev", not "Kef")"

That's because he imagines you as a Soviet spy promoting Marxist descriptivism. Kev sounds more Russian.

"JLK is behaving lately; I dislike his friend Trollete, though. "

Haha, Trollete. That made me laugh. I think that they are the same person, but it's just a guess.
guest   Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:44 pm GMT
Can someone please do me a big favor and define what everyone means by a Troll?

Is this someone who trolls?--like trolling for fish, or is this some crude reference to trolls that like live under bridges?
Guest   Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:50 pm GMT
Well, even Wikipedia doesn't know that. *shrug*
Guest   Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:28 pm GMT
Wikipedia is just for fun. Sometimes the info is correct, sometimes not.
Guest   Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:36 pm GMT
I don't think JLK and his Co-Troll are the same, but actually JLK doesn't bother me that much; he isn't hysterical. I hate it when people get hysterical here-unless it's funny, of course.
DZ   Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:07 am GMT
I post on here because I believe that Josh Lalonde is overstepping his remit in using this site to promote dumbing down. I read on this antimoon site that it was started by an Eastern European man who wanted to learn English and devised his own method. He has clearly engaged Josh to moderate the forum, but I believe the owner does not know that Josh is abusing the forum to promote bad English. It is simply of no use to a learner to be told "there's two of them" is good English.

As for so-called "racism" - I don't believe there is any such thing. Or at least the only real definition would be someone who disliked people purely because of their race. The whole agenda behind the "anti-racism" industry is to turn white Anglo-Saxons into second-class citizens in their own country, particularly by closing down free speech. America was 90% white and Christian in the 1950s, and that is the historic American nation. People bringing this "anti-racism" agenda in the US are not assimilating - and shouldn't be there.
Guest   Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:05 pm GMT
So there you go. What took you so long to come out?