Languages in the EU

Guest   Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:29 pm GMT
Hispanic countries are toilet bowl of the worldbecause they rot and stink like shit.

Hispanic countries? I think they are cool.
This description fits perfectly for US though
Guest   Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:38 pm GMT
It's amazing how far this thread has fallen. At one time we were discussing nuclear war with China, Russia, Biological weapons development, etc., and now toilet bowls. :).
Skippy   Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:28 pm GMT
Obviously Guest has never been to the US...
Guest   Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:34 pm GMT
Obviously Guest has never been to the US...

Obviously I have been and it's for this reason I can say that
Skippy   Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:40 am GMT
Your experience must not have consisted of much then, as the US is consistently given near-perfect HDI scores... The most recent data has the US as the #12 nation; that's ahead of Denmark, Austria, the UK, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, Spain... There are no Spanish-speaking nations with a higher HDI. With regard to GDP per capita, the US is 11th... The people are friendly, the weather's great, and we have just about every climate you would want to visit.
Son of Zeus   Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:17 am GMT
>>I think that the only option Spanish has to survive in US is that massive Spanish migration concentrates on Florida, so English speakers feel like strangers and end up migrating to other parts of US. Once Florida has 90% of Hispanic population,Spanish will not find any obstacles and everything will be run in Spanish, from universities, high schools, to radio and TV broadcasting.<<

This is wishful thinking. It's never going to happen.
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:23 am GMT
Wishes come true, often.
Son of Zeus   Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:44 am GMT
My son, you are dreaming.
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:45 am GMT
<< Wishes come true, often. >>

You lack maturity my child nya nya.
Apollo   Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:47 am GMT
Oh my god, dad why are you such a man whore! Why'd you have to spawn so many?
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:28 am GMT
"You lack maturity my child nya nya"
Good thing we have this adult forum, Langwelt.
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:30 am GMT
<<Good thing we have this adult forum, Langwelt. >>

When I followed a link from Antimoon over to Langwelt, it didn't look very active over there. It seemed like there was a big flurry of activity back in January, but not much since then.
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:59 pm GMT
Langwelt was a forum created as a revenge by frustrated francophiles like trollete and his alter ego JLK because here nobody talks about their favourite languages (French and German). This happened back in January so it's normal it had activity only for a small lapse of time. Now their creators are here againg because their own forum was a failure, like langcafe, by the way. At least the last one had a longer lifespan.
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:12 pm GMT
When I google Langwelt, it asks me: "Did you mean: langweilig?"
Yes, yes i did. LOL
Courgette   Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:14 pm GMT
Courgette made everyone sick with her (his?) idiocies on French and German, but has she written them? never.