Hey British guys, I love this accent!!!

Pete   Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:15 am GMT
There's a man who is member of the conservative party, member of the British parliament, I guess. (Sorry if I'm saying crap) This man has a very nice accent, one of the nicest and most manly accents I've heard. His name is:

TIM YEO

And there is another one which also sounds superb, it's the accent of:

Sir MAX HASTINGS

I heard them in a programme of the BBC 4 radio news, it's called "Any Questions" with Jonathan Dimbleby, I hope you know who I am talking about.

What do you British people, or whoever who has heard those men, think of those accents? are they nice and manly as I say? I really want to speak like those men.

If I had that accent, God every woman hearing me speak would want to be my children's mother, LOL

What are your thoughts? Opinions from intelligent British men are welcome, and opinions issued by British women would be great, please.
Uriel   Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:30 am GMT
Well, being neither (and never having heard of these people you mention) I will abstain.

But it seems like you consider the RP accent more as a surefire way to get yourself laid than anything else, Pete....
Candy   Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:06 am GMT
Well, as you know I'm a British woman, so here goes....
Because I'm so used to hearing any and all British accents, I don't 'hear' the accents any more, at all. I hear what they're saying, the meaning, not the way they say it. I agree that Tim Yeo has a rather nice voice and accent, but for me he's way too conservative, so his accent doesn't make me fancy him. I do love the way Ralph Fiennes speaks, but that has a lot to do with his appaerance, too!
My point is, for me at least, the accent of British men is pretty irrelevant to how I feel about them.

<<If I had that accent, God every woman hearing me speak would want to be my children's mother, LOL >>

LOL indeed!! Well, if speaking RP gets you women, who am I to complain?!
Candy   Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:07 am GMT
appaerance - appearance
Damian in Edinburgh   Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:48 pm GMT
MAX HASTINGS

Max Hastings has had a long and distinguished career as a journalist, author and broadcaster. He was born in 1945 and educated at Charterhouse and Oxford. He became a foreign correspondent and reported from more than 60 countries and 11 wars - including the 1982 Falklands War - for BBC TV and the London Evening Standard. A Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature, he has won many awards for his journalism. Among his best selling books, Bomber Command won the Somerset Maugham Prize and both Overlord and Battle for the Falklands won the Yorkshire Post Book of the Year Prize. He was the first journalist to report on the 1982 war direct from the Falkland Islands.

After 10 years as editor and then Editor in chief of The Daily Telegraph, in 1996 he was appointed to the Editorship of the London Evening Standard, from which he has recently stepped down.

He will be taking up his appointment as President of Council for the Preservation of Rural England on 19 June 2002, a poisition he took over from the actress Prunella Scales. He also serves as a Trustee of the National Portrait Gallery. Max lives in rural Berkshire close to the River Kennet and is a keen fisherman and is devoted to the beautiful English countryside.

TIM YEO

Tim Yeo was born on 20 March 1945, and first became a Member of Parliament for Suffolk South in the General Election of 1983 in the Govenment of Margaret Thatcher. He was the Shadow Secretary of State for the Environment and Transport 2004-5; Public Services, Health and Education 2003-4. Trade and Industry 2002-3; Culture, Media and Sport 2001-2. Shadow Minister M.A.F.F. 1998-2001. Joint Party Under Sec: Dept. of Environment 1990-92. Personal Private Secretary to Douglas Hurd 1988-90. Whole range of other public and private business and professional interests. Investment Banker and Company Director by profession. Cambridge University Air Squadron as a flyer. Educated at Emmanuel College, Cambridge: MA (History).

He represents the constituency of Suffolk South as a Conservative (Tory) Member of Parliament at Westminster. The Suffolk South seat itself is "Constable country" and was the setting for Gainsborough's most famous paintings. The medieval towns of Lavenham, Long Melford and Nayland are tourist attractions. Sudbury, Gainsborough's birthplace, and Hadleigh, are the largest towns and both have modern hi-tech industrial estates. Agriculture and tourism form the basis of the highly prosperous local economy in this very beautiful part of East Anglia. Unsurprisingly this most English and rural of seats is solid Tory territory. At the General Election on 05 May 2005 Tim Yeo won a majority of 6,606 votes over his nearest rival, the Liberal Democrat.

A true blue Tory guy with a perfect example of an RP accent! :-)
Terry   Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:43 pm GMT
"There's a man who is member of the conservative party, member of the British parliament, I guess. (Sorry if I'm saying crap) This man has a very nice accent, one of the nicest and most manly accents I've heard. His name is:

TIM YEO"

What's a manly accent, Pete?

I vote for the Ralph Fiennes accent myself and I'm a US female. I don't know if it's manly but it's sexy. Also Michael Caine's accent. He may be getting on in years but his accent is still sexy. Turn out the lights and voila!

So Pete, if you want to to use an accent for an aphrodisiac I think you might also consider mimicking Fiennes or Caine. Of course I've never heard Yeo so he may be worth a try. If you're in the US, I would say any old English accent would do for your purposes, as so many people here are pushovers for English accents.

Did you know some studies say the way a man talks to a woman is more often than not the swaying factor in whether she decides to sleep with him, much more important than looks. So you're onto something here, Pete. Good luck.
Nut   Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:16 pm GMT
Hello Pete, I just want to say, fuck you, and fuck the British accent, it sounds like sh**. And the rest of you ass-holes can kiss my a**.

And anyone who wants to make comments on this issue, FUCK you in advance.
Candy   Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:27 pm GMT
<<If you're in the US, I would say any old English accent would do for your purposes, as so many people here are pushovers for English accents.>>

Why the hell aren't I living in the US?? :-)
Candy   Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:35 pm GMT
<<Why the hell aren't I living in the US?? :-) >>

Just re-reading my post, it sounds a little 'off' to me now - I posted it without reading it. I think I'd change it to "why the hell am I not living in the US??" which sounds a bit better, maybe!
Candy   Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:38 pm GMT
The question still stands, though! :-)
Terry   Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:59 pm GMT
"why the hell am I not living in the US??"

Really Candy, you must visit. So many people here are so enamoured of the British, that you would have a great time!
Pete   Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:56 am GMT
<<But it seems like you consider the RP accent more as a surefire way to get yourself laid than anything else, Pete....>>

Not really. I didn't really think that accent was RP. There were some features which were not typical of RP. like flapped "T's" or quite a few glottal stops and things like that, I thought it was a sort of local English accent.

<<So Pete, if you want to to use an accent for an aphrodisiac I think you might also consider mimicking Fiennes or Caine. Of course I've never heard Yeo so he may be worth a try. If you're in the US, I would say any old English accent would do for your purposes, as so many people here are pushovers for English accents.>>

Well, yeah. Just for fun, it would be interesting to speak as they speak. And I'll try to look for some speech-files of Ralph Fiennes, I'll take your advice Candy, thanks a lot.

But I don't really want to "use my accent as an aphrodisiac". I'm not really a slut who walks around speaking with an accent to pick up some ass, I'm not. Okay, sometimes I am...
Pete   Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:07 am GMT
<<Hello Pete, I just want to say, fuck you, and fuck the British accent, it sounds like sh**. And the rest of you ass-holes can kiss my a**.

And anyone who wants to make comments on this issue, FUCK you in advance.>>

Hello, whoever you are, disgusting fellow.

Look, I just want to tell you 3 things.

Firstly, there's no such a thing as "THE British accent". As any language in the world there are a hundred different accents. Only in England, say you are in Essex you have a kind of posh accent, then you travel to Kent and girls talk with some kind of working class accent; then go to London and, it will be a torment. Saying "THE British accent" in that insulting way is the ultimate and greatest display of ignorance I've seen.

Secondly, You are just a worthless ignorant who hates England. But It seems to be, that you don't even know what you hate. Because you surely can't tell the difference between England, Britain, Great Britain and United Kingdom. That's why I've just made a mistake wasting my time on writing an answer to you.

And finally, there are no assholes here but you. And "kiss my a**" you say? I would dare to say that I would even kiss anyone's arse but yours, you are just an arseholed stupid anorak.

Best wishes

Pete
Terry   Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:16 am GMT
"First off, Pete, you said this: "If I had that accent, God every woman hearing me speak would want to be my children's mother, LOL"

Okay, I see you were joking, sort of, but then you said:

"But I don't really want to "use my accent as an aphrodisiac". I'm not really a slut who walks around speaking with an accent to pick up some ass, I'm not. Okay, sometimes I am... "

Funny, I laughed. I hope I was suppose to. But well, are you or aren't you?

And what 's wrong with it anyway? You started off saying that if you had this Yeo person's accent, women would be all over you and now you're backing off. Why?

You must be right about the British accent, being "no such thing," as in my experience, the English, Irish, Scot and Welch accents are very different.
Pete   Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:43 am GMT
Terry, you're right, mate. I want to amuse you, people. And it's true, I want to speak like Tim Yeo to get women to be into me. But that works with European girls and Americans. I've just seen, accent doesn't work with British women.

Then what should I do to get British women easily? are they, by any chance, the most "difficult" women around the world?