Language switch in France, when will happen?

Nico   Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:06 pm GMT
Dear guest,

"What aberration. This contradicts the statement of nico about the French government not interfering on what language individuals and private organizations use."

You did not, read that statement on a post from me. Of course the french government recognizes only one official language : the french. I never said something opposite. This does not mean you can't speak any other language if you want to.

Be a good dog!
Guest   Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:21 pm GMT
Ok, the official language of France is French, but charging companies because they don't use French internally takes the French fascism to another level than just not recognizing Breton or Corsican. Congratulations, you live in a fascist country.
Nico   Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:39 pm GMT
dear guest,

well on the oppsite i would say that you are the fascist person, because when i read your post i can see you are the racist person. I don't see why some people are racsit when in their own country a society of US property employing some french people use only english. All the french do not speak english. If it is what you want, i am afraid you are the fascist person.
My aim is not to convince you, you are to close minded.

There is an amazing contradiction in your posts.
In one hand you claim that the use of languages must be respected. On the other hand if it is not respected (like it is the case on the U.S.A property example) you claim that these people (who are french) and do not know anything about english and ask for the use of french are fascist.

You are close minded, you only speak in terms of clichés. If any french society in England imposed the use of french internally to any of his british employees. this would be seen badly.

I can tell you that you are the only facist person on this site. you are the only one who speak in terms of clichés (typicical with ontolerant people), you avoid to answer whne you simply realize that you were wrong (especially about the UK example).

I can accept every post when they are written from somebody who really thinks; but you don't. You only want to dirty some people (the french). I don't know why you are full of hate. Maybe you are a teenager but oyu have a problem, a frustration. The solution is not with the french, the solution is in you my dear, find the peace in yourself.

you contradicted yourself too much my dear and this shows again that you watch too much television.

Of course there are some fascist people in France, for me they are the same of you. No matters if they are french or something else, you are one of them and they are borring, because they do not have naything to say except the same borring things.
Assimilation policies   Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:11 pm GMT
<< Assimilation policies
A policy of assimilation is one that uses strong measures to accelerate the downsizing of one or more linguistic minority group(s).The ultimate goal of such policies is to foster national unity inside a state (based on the idea that a single language in the country will favor that end). The measures taken by States enforcing such policies may include banning the social use of a given language, the exclusion and social devalorization of a language group and in extreme cases repression by force and even genocide. [3]

These policies are to be distinguished from all other policies which it could be argued favor or lead to assimilation of members of minority groups as a result of non-intervention or insufficient measures of protection. In practice, all States enforce, implicitly, policies leading to assimilation with regards to immigrant groups and in numerous cases aboriginal groups and other national minorities.[4]

Jurisdictions having such a policy:

Burma - Indonesia - Iran - Iraq - Thailand - Vietnam - France>>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_policy
nico   Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:52 pm GMT
to assimilation policies and guest,

I am sorry but from the same link there is a contradiction, this also shows that Basque Country, Catalonia, and corsica have individual rights, Wikipedia shows an amazing contradiction! I thought the corsicans, Bsques and Catalans did not have nay rights to speak corsican because of french fascicsm!!!!

Based on territorialised individual rights

A language policy based on territorialised individual rights recognizes the same rights to all members of a community within a specific region.

Aosta Valley - Balearic Islands - ""Basque Country"" - Brandenburg - Brittany - ""Catalonia"" - Channel Islands - ""Corsica"" - Faroe - Finland - Friuli Venezia Giulia - Galicia - Hawaii - Isle of Man - Micronesia - Navarre - Northern Ireland - Nicaragua - Philippines - Sardinia - Scotland - Sicily - Sind - Slovenia (Istria and Prekmurje)- Sweden - Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol - Wales
Hans   Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:51 pm GMT
Help me i am in jail because i spoke a word of alsacian! The french KGB arrested me and tortured me. Please help me!!!!!

pathetic.
greg   Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:00 pm GMT
Comment des incultes peuvent comprendre la supériorité intellectuelle des français lorsque l'on voit ces britanniques et Etats-uniens obèses et abrutis par la télévision?
Pasquale Paoli   Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:36 pm GMT
France is fascist with autochthonous minorities, but is weak with arabic that is going to be the national language before 2100 ad.
Maréchal Pétain   Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:42 am GMT
Pasquale Paoli,

Who knows if the french are fascist, but you i can tell you that you are racist. And arabic gave us the numbers asshole. So you count in arabic. Who cares about speaking in arabic in france, nobody. So there is no problem, just live ou life and forget the french.
Visitor   Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:58 am GMT
<< Ok, the official language of France is French, but charging companies because they don't use French internally takes the French fascism to another level than just not recognizing Breton or Corsican. Congratulations, you live in a fascist country. >>

Let me ask you, suppose that English is being forcibly rammed in the throat of the Spaniards and if the Spanish government does something to offset it, then Spain is a fascist country after all?
Whitier   Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:02 am GMT
Has anyone noticed that 100% of this thread�s posts have being written by spanih fanatics? the French speakers don�t even care to answer to all this spanish nonsense, that�s how much they care about.
sho fo   Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:04 am GMT
Especially when Guest posts outright lies. Anyways, French rules over Hispanic dung beetles so quit your pointless arguments.
Blanchet   Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:05 am GMT
The thing is.. that French speakers aren't obsessed with the Hispanics, it's the other way around... 100% of all Spanish vs French threads are opened by Spanish speakers who are obsessed with French.
Klorr   Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:06 am GMT
Guys don't listen to Giest only wants to F....everybody. And I think also has problems with races. Don't read him.
Peter   Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:08 am GMT
Guest,

You must be a member of the Spanish secret saboteurs.