Language switch in France, when will happen?

Guest   Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:07 am GMT
I think that you still have colonialist mentality in France. You say that the authorities in Algeria can't make Arabic to be more used than French. That's ridiculous. Well, it already is. Every educated person in Morocco and Algeria may use English appart form French, first off, but that does not mean ARabic is not the national language. They are independent nations and are Arabic speaking, French is just a foreign language like English in France despite it is known by every educated French person.
Kroll   Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:23 am GMT
Blank, I was in Tunisia and Morroco (not in Algeria), and everybody speak Arabic. Of course people like other countries speak other language: French (Ex-colony, North Morroco I know they speak Spanish), English, etc...
angry   Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:40 am GMT
Sorry Frenchies but the Territoire Militaire is no more.
nico   Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:38 pm GMT
Ares,

"citizenship with ethnicity. "

No it is you who does not know anything about France, since the fact the french do not consider themselves being french as a race but only a nationality. Et oui je suis français connard, mais tout le monde n'est pas un gros nazi comme toi.
Guest   Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:03 pm GMT
The call center of DELL computer Spain is in Morocco. Spanish is useful there.
Massena   Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:01 pm GMT
An example of how France is Fascist is in the cities of Briga and Tenda, that France stole to Italy after WW2.
You must provide a name.   Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:03 pm GMT
"Every educated person in Morocco and Algeria may use English appart form French, first off, but that does not mean ARabic is not the national language. They are independent nations and are Arabic speaking, French is just a foreign language like English"

— How many daily newspapers use French in Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia?
— How many are written in English or Spanish?...

Thanks. Fuck off.

"An example of how France is Fascist is in the cities of Briga and Tenda, that France stole to Italy after WW2."

— This tiny area was historically Occitan and linked no Nice, not to Italy.

On the other hand, one hundred years ago the "italian" region Vallée d'Aoste spoke exclusively French and French dialects. The Italian regime has since then done evrything possible (with American support BTW) to eradicate the language, locals were forced to emigrate to France and Switzerland and were replaced by wogs from Calabria and Sicily. A blatant case of ethnocide in a province that counts over 100,000 inhabitants.
Guest   Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:24 pm GMT
French is not official in Morocco and Algeria. So fuck off frog.
stupido   Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:51 pm GMT
dear Massena,

The french followed the examples of the 1st fascist in Europe : MUSSILINI. I do ont think he was french, well, let me guess... Was he italian?

http://nhs.needham.k12.ma.us/cur/baker_00/03/baker-je-jp-03/mussolini.htm
Sieg Heil   Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:25 pm GMT
The language will switch as soon as Deutschland decide to conquer France again.
Sieg Heil   Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:29 pm GMT
America and Britain will be too weakened to meddle in our affairs this time.
Massena   Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:43 pm GMT
I did not speak about Mussolini. He was a shit. No doubt about this. But France did the same with Briga and Tenda; did the same with Corsica; did the same with Nizza; did the same with Elsass; did the same with Lorraine; etc, etc, etc... a fascist state.

You are watching only in one direction.
Massena   Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:51 pm GMT
"On the other hand, one hundred years ago the "italian" region Vallée d'Aoste spoke exclusively French and French dialects. The Italian regime has since then done evrything possible (with American support BTW) to eradicate the language, locals were forced to emigrate to France and Switzerland and were replaced by wogs from Calabria and Sicily. A blatant case of ethnocide in a province that counts over 100,000 inhabitants."

Bullshit: Valle d'Aosta never spoke French. Valle d'Aosta was part of Arpitania. In that territory people spoke Arpitan. Savoy and French Swizerland are part of Arpitania, but only in Aosta Valley people speak again Arpitan, because modern Italy (Italian Repubblic born in 1948) respect minorities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Proven%C3%A7al_language
angry   Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:05 pm GMT
Sorry Frenchies but the Territoire Militaire is just an ancient shattered reminiscence.
Cure   Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:17 pm GMT
The racism in here is unbelievable.