Portuguese vs Spanish

Guest   Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:21 pm GMT
Nice try, mon ami!

Your lists without a clear source and a serious webpage are a bullshit.

Literature in Spanish is one of the most important: the Spanish one (Cervantes, Lope de Vega, Antonio Machado, Garcia Lorca) and the Latin American (Pablo Neruda, Julio Cortazar, Isabel Allende, Garcia Marquez) all together are obviously more important than the French literature.

In the most important sports, Spain is becoming more important than France.

Spain has won the Davis Cup today, like last year.

So, we are at this moment the best in the most important sports:

Football (European cup, first in Fifa Ranking)

Basketball (World champions)

Tennis (Davis cup)

Cycling (Spanish winners in Olympic Games, Tour, etc)

PD. Visitor, I think that this is PRESTIGE, your favourite word.
Visitor   Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:44 pm GMT
My favourite word is D E C L I N E. I'm French, remember...
Ciao   Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:05 pm GMT
In 2 things spain is surpassing france : arrogance and vanaglory
Reynaldo   Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:50 am GMT
<< Latin American (Pablo Neruda, Julio Cortazar, Isabel Allende, Garcia Marquez) >>

Nobody knows those people apart from the Hispanic American Spanish speakers.
Romeo   Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:24 am GMT
Most spoken languages for first language speakers only (Encarta).

http://www.webcitation.org/query?id=1257013011437361
reality   Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:58 am GMT
The Spanish people of this forum are arrogant, nationalist and silly. They should know that Spain is one of the most affected European countries by the economic crisis. Spain will be never as important as France at European level!
Murcia   Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:16 pm GMT
Portuguese language has no writers worth mentioning. Spanish-language literature is splendid.
Blanc   Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:52 pm GMT
Romance language vs Romance language is no sense.
Come on guys, why don't you speak with one voice instead fight each other? With this mind at the end you'll get english will replace the sons of Latin faster.

Cause: english is replacing languages in the world, Efect: sons of Latin begin to fight each other to a faster replacement. This is a show of romance decline.

Romeo i don't think there are only 78 french mega speakers in the world, and i'm spaniard. And beside encarta says there's only one chinese and one arabic and this is not right. It is like if i say french, spanish, portuguese, italian, romanian, + ... are the same language 'Latin'.

Well i speak english i have no problem with this decline... you can resume your fight, good luck.
a fart for U   Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:08 pm GMT
They should know that Spain is one of the most affected European countries by the economic crisis. Spain will be never as important as France at European level!

Spanish glory is eternal. It is ahead of temporal economic crises.
Carpenter Fred   Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:28 pm GMT
Guys, you could also try to compare the area taken by users of Spanish and Portuguese, as far as I remember I did something like this long, long time ago and Portugese language area was 9 milion square kilometres , Spanish was 8 milion, so my point is - just stop arguing, fighting and calling yourselves names likesome highschool teenagers or retards and think about co-operation, because together you could conquer the world...again...
Bruzundanguense   Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:27 pm GMT
Dear Carpenter, in case you haven't noticed, this is a Spanish vs. French thread.
Harman   Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:47 pm GMT
yeah topic is spanish vs portuguese, posts are spanish vs french... madness
Harman   Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:54 pm GMT
Carpenter Fred   Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:10 am GMT
Bruzundanguense - how could I know that some French clowns will ruin this topic?
Franco   Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:13 am GMT
Portuguese vs Spanish, French vs Spanish... What the hell? Why are there so many people around here who speak other romance languages trying to compete against Spanish? Spanish is more useful than all these languages and we don't want to compete against them because Spanish only competes against English, not against third class languages. What's next, Spanish vs Romanian? Other Germanic speakers are not so jealous of the success of the English language. Then why are there on the other hand so many jealous Romance speakers of Spanish? Are Latin people naturally envious ? Come on, work for your language and stop badmouthing abouth Spanish if you don't like it. Spanish language as more important goals than competing against Portuguese.