Spanish vs French

Franco   Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:37 pm GMT
---   Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:46 pm GMT
French is strictly fourth class.

Who needs to speak like a smelly Haitian?
Who needs to speal like a greasy French African?

Francophones will be all Muslims.

Burden of the Western world, THY NAME IS FRANCE AND FRANCOPHONIE
Franco   Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:06 pm GMT
Bastard   Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:21 pm GMT
Both languages are spoken by third world peasants, Spanish slightly less so than French. The only country the Spanish language has got going for it is Spain, the rest of them are lazy, greasy South Americans.

Brazil is the only South American country which really has any chance of becoming something, and that's Portuguese speaking. While at least the French language has France, arguebly the most powerful country in Europe (the UK is long gone), and a good chunk of Canada.

French is let down by the fact a good chunk of its speakers are Africans, and they make South Americans look affluent.
zuze   Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:27 pm GMT
I would say French...
Jordan   Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:16 am GMT
I think I'm starting to prefer Spanish over French.

While the slur of the French language can be pleasant to the ears; I find I really like the sound of the short, separated staccato of Spanish :)

Me encanta español!
+++   Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:23 am GMT
Spanish is strictly sixth class.

Who needs to speak like a stinking Spaniards?
Who needs to speal like a oily Hispanic Americans?

Hispanics will be all Hindus.

Burden of the Western world, THY NAME IS SPAIN AND HISPANIDAD
LeBron   Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:31 am GMT
I think I'm starting to prefer French over Spanish.

While the roughness of the Spanish language can be annoying to the ears; I find I really like the sound of the melodious intonation of French :)

J'aime le français!
Disgusted   Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:31 pm GMT
Children, children, children...you need to grow up and stop this racism and name calling. No language is better than the other, no culture is better than the other, no Spanish individual is better than a French one. Both Spanish and French beautiful languages and both cultures are uniquely wonderful and rich. Perhaps you should dedicate some time to becoming more culturally aware.
Le Bon Bon   Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:44 pm GMT
French sounds better than Spanish. French sounds so posh and Spanish sounds so harsh.

I will go for French.... because it's a beautiful language
Franco   Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:27 pm GMT
French is very guttural and nasal.
Le Bon Bon   Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:40 pm GMT
It's nasal because it's the way posh rich people speak.

Spanish is for the poor peasants
An inconvenient truth   Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:04 am GMT
<<No language is better than the other,>>

This is a meaningless statement. Depending on how we define "better", there are many cases when one language is objectively better than another.

<<no culture is better than the other,>>

Same again.

<<no Spanish individual is better than a French one. >>

What? So a Spanish surgeon is not better than a French mass murderer and vice versa?

<<,Both Spanish and French beautiful languages and both cultures are uniquely wonderful and rich.>>

I agree with this, in this specific case. But the same does not hold for any combination of two languages.

<<Perhaps you should dedicate some time to becoming more culturally aware. >>

I am brainwashed enough by "modern ideals". I am very culturally aware though, and have seen the reality for myself. I used to believe that all cultures and languages were equal, until I became acquainted first hand with some that weren't.

In other words, all that PC clap-trap that they teach kids in schools sounds good in theory, but is not actually true. It would be nice if it were true. But it isn't. It would be nice if I had wings. But I don't.
Baldewin   Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:26 am GMT
I agree about this PC-brainwashing that is going on these days. How dare they put the negro cultures on the same height as ours? Negro cultures that didn't even knew to count. Or Arabs. Arabs were good at being barbaric, but most 'islamic art' as such is Turkish or Persian. Also Persians are far superior over Turks. Arabs we're only good in conquering strips of land but they highly needed other peoples to advance culturally.
Baldewin   Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:27 am GMT
were*