Spanish and Italian are much closer than Italian and French

S.P.Q.R   Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:10 pm GMT
Gratias! omnes,
It would be gratias omnibus.
S.P.Q.R   Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:47 pm GMT
Aldo:
translate the poem into english then i will translate it in C. Latin and formal italian.
Civis Romanus Sum   Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:58 pm GMT
I know a bit of spanish, but translation has been quite difficult. I'm not completely sure. However I try:

Che sia felice, felice, felice
È tutto ciò che voglio
Nel nostro addio
Non *poteva* essere, dopo averti tanto amato, ** lett. "potè" **
Per tutte quelle cose tanto assurde della vita
Sempre potrai contare su di me
Non importa dove tu sia
Affinchè tu già lo veda
Rimaniamo amici
Invece di lasciarci con rimproveri o pianti
Io che tanto ti amai
Voglio tu sia felice, felice, felice
S.P.Q.R   Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:19 pm GMT
The latin translation following the one that civis romanus sum gave is:
Felix ,Felix, Felix esses!
Id est quod volo
in salutatione nostra
esse non potuit, cum te amavissem multum
Causa mutae absuardae (rei) vitae
Tibi non deerebo semper
Cura non ubi tu sis
Ad vedendum hoc iam
Amici manemus
Contra manere flentes aut reprehensionibus
Ego qui te amavit multum
Te esse felix, felix, felix, volo.
Aldo   Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:12 am GMT
S.P.Q.R & Civis Romanus Sum

Thanks a lot!
greg   Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:02 am GMT
Luis Zalot : « To me it's rather amusing how Spanish's phonology is based on Classical latin. I'll keep it vague. »
Ne restons pas dans le « vague ». Tu penses que le système consonantique castillan est identique à celui du latin classique ? Idem pour l'accentuation ?

Luis Zalot : « Spanish has all the pronunciations and sounds of that of Classical »
C'est rigolo : le français aussi !
Luis Zalot   Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:21 am GMT
Greg,

Enough with your nonsense. Classical-Latin's PHONOLOGY is of that of "Sardinian,Italian & Spanish." French is waaaaay down the line. Remember 44% evolved.
greg   Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:28 pm GMT
Luis Zalot : « Enough with your nonsense. Classical-Latin's PHONOLOGY is of that of "Sardinian,Italian & Spanish." French is waaaaay down the line. Remember 44% evolved. »

Allez, encore une couche pour notre ami Luis (en espérant qu'il aille s'acheter une paire de lunettes) :

Ces chiffres sont une tarte à la crème : ils reviennent périodiquement et illustrent parfaitement •••••••••L'IGNORANCE••••••••• de ceux qui les emploient sans savoir ce qu'ils signifient.

Voici le texte •••••••••INTÉGRAL••••••••• : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langues_romanes

« L'on peut donner ici les résultats d'une étude menée par M. Pei en 1949, qui a comparé le degré d'évolution de diverses langues par rapport à leur langue-mère ; pour les langues romanes les plus importantes, SI L'ON NE CONSIDÈRE •••••••••QUE LES VOYELLE TONIQUES•••••••••, l'on obtient, par rapport au latin, les coefficients d'évolution suivants :

sarde : 8 % ;
italien : 12 % ;
castillan : 20 % ;
roumain : 23,5 % ;
occitan : 25 % ;
portugais : 31 % ;
français : 44 %.

L'on voit ainsi facilement le degré variable de conservatisme des langues romanes, la plus proche du latin phonétiquement (EN NE CONSIDÉRANT •••••••••QUE LES VOYELLES TONIQUES•••••••••) étant le sarde, la plus éloignée le français. »
Aldo   Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:06 pm GMT
greg; I don't understand you (french), therefore your automatically ignored.
JR   Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:37 am GMT
Greg, I agree with Aldo. It's not as if I dont try, I do, but I dont speak French so I can only get the main jist of what you're trying to say from my knowledge of Spanish.

L'on voit ainsi facilement le degré variable de conservatisme des langues romanes, la plus proche du latin phonétiquement (EN NE CONSIDÉRANT •••••••••QUE LES VOYELLES TONIQUES•••••••••) étant le sarde, la plus éloignée le français

- - easily the degree variable of conservationism of the romance languages, the more - - - of latin phonetically - - and its not considerable - - -that the tonic - -s - - the Sardinian, and more - elongated? - the French.

See?
kezia   Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:55 pm GMT
how do you say empire in italian
S.P.Q.R   Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:33 pm GMT
Italian: Impero
S.P.Q.R   Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:33 pm GMT
Italian: Impero
greg   Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:02 pm GMT
Ferme donc ton clapet pour une fois, de toute façon les français sont bien supérieurs à tous les autres!
Maria   Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:34 am GMT
Hi!!! I am mexican... so I speak spanish, the last semester I was studing english in an International school in Canada and I had the oportunity to know people form differents places, I knew people form Italy (Rome, Ivrea, Milano, Florence and other places) and people who speak french (Paris, Martinique, Iverdone and Genova). I am pretty sure that the spanish and italian are really similar, sometimes we didn't understand many words in english, our tactic were if my italian friend understand he said the word in italian and I understend or vice versa.. of course no all time but almost of the time even I used to search words in italian dictionaries if I forget the mine. And unfortunately I can't do that with french speakers. I think that the most principal diference is the french pronunciaton because sometimes I read instructions, directions in products (cause in canada french is an official languaje and all the infromation in products are in english and french) I understand but if I listen ooo mi God I can´t understand..
Perhaps the italian culutre is most similar.. Italians and latins become friends easly, I saw italians with mexican, brazilian, Venezuelan, Spain but rarally with french even that they are in the union europe, I think that we share more customs and principies.
Now I am studing italian and i got hard but just a little, of course i don't know the mean of many words, but I got the notion even when I see TV, our teacher gave us an book of intermedial level for learn italian and we are beginers!!!! why?? just because we are spanish speakers.
I keep in touch with my italian friends, they wrote in italian and I do in spanish.. is really funy!! we can keep the conversation for a conciderate time!!! and even we have the most delicious food.. Mexican and Italian moreover our flag is almost similar.. jajaja.. In my own experience I got the italian similar to Spanish more than French.. My Italian friends think by the same way.