Portuguese + Spanish the fastest growing western languages

Bessie   Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:07 pm GMT
Brazuguês:

EU VOU ESTAR ENVIANDO PARA VOCÊ

Português:

ENVIAR-LHE-EI

The Portuguese form is shorter yet more effective. It reflects a more advanced form of the language. Too dificult and complex for the Brazilian mind.

Sorry, but I find EU VOU ESTAR ENVIANDO PARA VOCÊ = I will be sending to you

more dynamic
greg   Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:26 am GMT
Mcat : c'est bien sûr totalement faux. Le portugais et l'italien ne sont pas mutuellement compréhensibles. Il n'est même pas évident qu'un hypothétique créole italo-portugais soit accessible sans traduction aux italophones et aux lusophones. Regarde la situtation des Argentins d'origine italienne : ils parlent espagnol, pas italien. Pourquoi ? Parce que la langue nationale argentine est l'espagnol et que l'espagnol et l'italien ne sont pas mutuellement compréhensibles.
Tupy   Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:42 am GMT
Tu Tu Tu Tupi

Tu tu tu tu tu tu...

Tu pi tu pi tu pi tu pi
Tu tupi (cocó), tu tupi (cocó)

Todo mundo tem um pouco de índio
Dentro de si, dentro de si
Todo mundo fala língua de índio
Tupi-guarani, tupi-guarani
E o velho cacique já dizia:
"Tem coisas que a gente sabe
E não sabe que sabia"
Ê ô ê ô

O índio andou pelo Brasil (Brasil)
Deu nome pra tudo que ele viu
Se o índio deu nome, tá dado!
Se o índio falou, tá falado!
Se o índio chacoalhou, tá chacoalhado!
Ê ô ê ô

Chacoalha o chocalho, chacoalha o chacoalho
Vamos chacoalar! Vamos chacoalhar!
Chacoalha o chocalho, chacoalha o chacoalho
Que o índio vai falar!

Jabuticaba, caju, maracujá,
Pipoca, mandioca, abacaxi:
É tudo tupi! Tupi-guarani!

Tamanduá, urubu, jaburu,
Jararaca, jibóia, tatu (tu-tu-tu...):
É tudo tupi! Tupi-guarani!

Arara, tucano, araponga,
Piranha, perereca, sagüi,
Jabuti, jacaré, jacaré, jacaré!
Quem sabe o que que é?
"Aquele que olha de lado"
É ou não é?

Se o índio falou, tá falado!
Se o índio chacoalhou, tá chacoalhado!
Ê ô ê ô

Maranhão, Maceió, Macapá,
Marajó, Paraná, Paraíba,
Pernambuco, Piauí, Jundiaí,
Morumbi, Curitiba, Parati:
É tudo tupi!
Butantã, Tremembé, Tatuapé,
Tatuapé, Tatuapé, Tatuapé!
Quem sabe o que que é?
"Caminho do tatu (tu-tu-tu...)"

Todo mundo tem um pouco de índio
Dentro de si, dentro de si
Todo mundo fala língua de índio
Tupi-guarani, tupi-guarani
Ê ô ê ô
Ê ô ê ô
Sssshhhh!
Gringo   Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:22 pm GMT
Bessie:

“Sorry, but I find EU VOU ESTAR ENVIANDO PARA VOCÊ = I will be sending to you more dynamic”

This is a sentence that is "charged" with time… more time is needed to say it. In other words it is more time consuming. As it demands more physical force or energy to pronounce it can be said it is more dynamic.

But….in the case of “ENVIAR-LHE-EI”

The amount of quantified time used to pronounce this word is much smaller. Much more quickly you can change to another different subject. The time interval between the words is shorter and glued with dashes. So in terms of time it is more dynamic. The dashes are useful so that the tiny words do not drift away and get lost in the middle of the sentence they do not consume time or energy.

You can also notice that in the first case you need a phrase in the second case you just need one word.

It all depends of the perspective of the listener… or the patience of the reader.
GODOT   Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:08 pm GMT
Bessie

Brazilians need 26 letters to say what the Portuguese can say with 11.
Which one is more dynamic?

In fact, learners of Brazilian Portuguese complain that the language spoken in Brazil is too slow and convoluted. Too much detail.

European Portuguese learners are fascinated with the ability of Portuguese speakers to encode information. It is a language for fast thinkers. Hard to learn and hard to teach. Yet one of the most intriguing world languages.
Godot   Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:27 pm GMT
Tupy

Bonito poema. Todo mundo tem indio dentro de si, incluindo o mundo da lingua portuguesa, dentro e fora do Brazil e muitas outras línguas por esse mundo...

Muitas palavras dos índios do Brazil entraram na lingua portuguesa por via dos viajantes portugueses e foram depois espalhadas pelo mundo onde hoje são palavras comuns em muitas outras línguas. Exemplos: canoa, mandioca, jaguar, macaco, abacaxi, caju.
Gringo   Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:31 pm GMT
Godot:

“Brazilians need 26 letters to say what the Portuguese can say with 11.
Which one is more dynamic?”

Very well said! Many rumours have been heard about the fact that the Portuguese “translate” Brazilian writen books to Eu Portuguese, in reality the facts behind the rumours are very simple.

One book written by a Brazilian that has 500 pages in EuPortuguese will have 150 pages. Instead of taking two weeks to read the book you can do it in 3 or 4 days this is time saving and postponing the eventual use of glasses in a near future.

Also the amount of paper used to print the book is very much reduced in EuPortuguese, this is very much ecological you kill fewer trees and you keep the world green and oxygenated.

Also the amount of ink used is very much reduced. The ink is a very toxic chemical so EuPortuguese books are less toxic to the environment than the Brazilian books because require a less amount of ink. This is also very ecological.

In all, this reduces the price of the books and helps increases the number of trees in the forests increases the rate of oxygen in the air and keeps the environment free of toxic chemicals.
Tony   Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:07 pm GMT
@ - *CarloS*

<<I don't want to see your forum.>>

O...K don't cry yourself to sleep over it. I understand, you don't want to get your feelings hurt any more than what's necessary. Keep on sticking your head in the sand if you must.

<<Just because one or two Brazilians share some sick opinion doesn't mean that it is a GENERAL OPINION.>>

More like 2 or 3 million.

<<NOPE, I KNOW MANY MANY BRAZILIANS TO KNOW MORE THINGS ABOUT BRAZIL THAN WHAT YOU'LL FIND ON THE INTERNET>>

Yes I agree that Brazilians from favelas tend to be humble and amiable and they're probably the ones you hang around with. However the ones that frequent Orkut are from the upperclasses which tend to be snobbish, conceited and see Brazil as above all other South American countries. But of course you've never had the displeasure of meeting this kind I presume since you wouldn't be allowed any where near their exclusive social circles.
Misson   Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:34 am GMT
if Orkut is visited by upperclass Brazilians, may I ask you, why is that they write in such a lousy way? don't they attend best schools?
Orkut   Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:07 am GMT
I do have a doubt about this little discussion. What is defined as being the upperclass?

In a web article it says that:
"The middle class -- defined in Brazil as the segment of the population with a monthly per capita income of more than 1,000 reals, or 340 dollars -- accounted for 42.5 percent of the country's total population in 1981.

By 2002, that figure had dropped to 36 percent,."

Are you refering to the segment of population that earns more than 340 dollars as the upperclass? Or is there an upperclass of the upperclass?Are you refering to the topclas of the upperclasses?

"More like 2 or 3 million."

This seems to be a drop of whater in a country with a population of 190 million but compared to a country that has a population of 5 million it can be considered a tidal wave.
Godot   Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:39 pm GMT
Greg

Ils ne parlent pas tous ces langues mais ils les comprend facilment. Je parle de mon experience. Je comprend le portuguais, espanhol, italian, et français plus l'anglais donc je n'ai pas jamais etudié l'espanhol et l'italian.
Orkut   Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:19 pm GMT
Godot
Greg was talking about speakers of Portuguese not Portuguese people, Brazilians can not even understand EuPortuguese if they can not even understan Portuguese with a different accent how can they understand other languages without learning. Or you mean that they all could understand each other except the brazilians that could not understand EuPortuguese.
Godot   Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:59 pm GMT
Orkut - previous message is from Godot
Godot   Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:02 pm GMT
{Greg was talking about speakers of Portuguese not Portuguese people,} [Orkut]

Portuguese people are speakers of Portuguese. Clear!?
CHINESE   Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:08 am GMT
Are there any Portugueses in this forum?

In China, the textbooks and CDs related to German, French, Italian, Spanish, (for beginners) are very rich and colorful, even full of beautiful things in eyes, but unfortunately, I have never found a book which can be used by Portuguese learner, this fact really let me down so much.

Would anyone introduce a series of books and CDs that can teach Chinese people to learn Brazilian Portuguese in either English or Mandarin explanation, I've always wanted to learn Brazilian Portuguese, but I failed to start learning it all due to the big shortage of related books and CDs.

Thanks!

Chinese.