Latin Aglo AMerican

Nun Es   Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:37 am GMT
dear

The problem is that genetically (DNA) there is no any scientist who will tell you there are some differences. Prehistory has shown that there has been several human races (Neanderthalensis; Homo sapiens sapiens).

Only one survived, the homo sapiens sapiens. Your pseudo "ethnicism" does not work. Why? Because the oldest human traces which has been found in Europe are in Spain and France. So, if we had to follow your stupid ideas, all the europeans are ethnically from Spanish and french peope.

Your ideas of ethnicity are from an other edge which are disgusting and totally clichés :

1 – “rue, Latin cultures are more fixated on the arts, music and dancing, love and romance, while the north is more occupied in relentless financial self improvement and martial matters. But while the Latins are less war like, they are by no means cowards.”
-à I am sure the germans will agree you especially about their music, literature, architecture.
è I am sure the irish and Russians will agree you with their literature.

Latins are less war like
LOL LOL LOL LOL :

The romans did not conquer anything, LOL LOL

Of course, the Spanish, Portuguese and French have never been in America or Africa.

2- “The Celts of the British Isles were invaded by the Germanic tribes of the Angles, Jutes, and Saxons, who pushed them back to the narrow corner of Wales in the South, and the far north of the Island in Scotland. »

Here again, you have a knowledge of history which is poor, “and the far north of the Island in Scotland.”, this is not the reality: most of them have been pushed outside of the islands but came to what is called “Bretagne” located in France. The PICS (actually the Scottish people) have never been pushed to their extreme islands.

If we look at the language of the Bretons, this language cannot be understood by the Scottish but can be understood by the welsh.

“During the Bronze Age France was inhabited by Celts who named it "Gallia" (Gaul),”

Here again, you are wrong, this is not Gaul but Gauls. The galic people did not and never had any political unity, they were not an entire nation. To name a countr, a unity is needed, that unity has been in fact created by Julius Caesar, he also added a capital (LUGDUNUM), capital of the Roman Gauls.

“””by a Latin dialect that eventually became modern French, though the French language is further away from Latin than most other Romanic languages and has been highly influenced by Germanic languages like Franconian »

I could correct you in all my life, you ignore the fact that the French language is based on its 1/3 from Italian.

“””n the 5th century AD the Merowingians brought most of modern France under Franconian control and the Karolingians later finished their work, after the treaty of Verdun (843)”””

This is also the case of what is actually the half part of Italy and some spanish area, the Germanic influences did not only settled in France. You reminded the politicians in France who said to the people : Don’t worry; the radioactivity of Tchernobyl stoped at our border.

http://www.memo.fr/Media/MOY_CHA_003_A.jpg

“" Yet they are not nearly as warm, humble, down to earth, outgoing, and passionate as Spanish or Italian people. The French come accross as more sophisticated, prim, proper, restrained, formal."”

I am an half itlain nad can assure you that the Italians can also be sophisticated and formal, LOL LOL LOL LOL.

“”””And French does not share the special relationship that Italian and Spanish share together. »”””
This one is the best!
When you say that you don’t need to go to France, well you need it. Or you will still writing crap. LOL LOL LOL

ANYWAY , you wrote so many silly things, I can’t comment everything.
Benjamin   Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:03 am GMT
You claim to make no distinction based upon ethnicity, yet you say that you are 'half Italian'. How hypocritical.

I don't claim to be 'partially German', even though I apparently would be by the definition which you have employed here.
Nun Es   Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:09 am GMT
Benjamin,

I am absolutly not claiming anything about ethnicity. French and Italian are 2 CULTURES with thier common share and differences.

Nothing more, nothing less.

But, my english is not ggod and cannot be understood maybe.
Benjamin   Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:39 am GMT
The implication seems to be that, since your mother is Italian and your father is presumably French, you are 'half French and half Italian'. This seems to contradict what you've been saying about this subject before, with the attitude that everyone from France is French -- rightly so, in my view.

To what extent should I claim to be German? I am partially of 'German descent', and I tend to understand German-style humour better than British-style humour, for some reason.
Nun Es   Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:53 am GMT
I am not contracdicting anything or you don't understand maybe.

I am french and never said i was not, i have the french nationality. Did i said somewhere i do not have the french nationality.

What i said is i know well 2 cultures, i was born and grew up in France, and spent many holidays and time in Italy with my grand parents and cousins and work. I know well the 2 cultures, and in a part of myself i have the 2 cultures with a predominance of the french one.

It does not have to see anything with races, DNA, ethny. This is about culture!!!!

"To what extent should I claim to be German? I am partially of 'German descent', and I tend to understand German-style humour better than British-style humour, for some reason. "

You claim what you want.
Saint   Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:06 am GMT
"It does not have to see anything with races, DNA, ethny. This is about culture!!!! "

You are right. But Latin Anglo American's original question did not involve culture.
Benjamin   Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:11 am GMT
So, Nun Es, you presumably have no problem with French people who also claim to be Arabs or Algerians?
Nun Es   Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:32 am GMT
No, you can share 2 cultures and sometimes more than 2. This has nothing to see with ethnicism, since the arabs aren't an ethny, but several cultures.

"Arabs or Algerians", this is a non sense, if you are algerian you are arab.
Benjamin   Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:48 am GMT
<< "Arabs or Algerians", this is a non sense, if you are algerian you are arab. >>

In the same sense that if you are British/French/German/Italian/etc., you are also European. However, most Europeans prefer to identify first as British/French/German/Italian/etc. before 'European', whilst some people (moi, par exemple) prefer to identify as 'European' first.
greg   Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:49 pm GMT
Nun Es : « "Arabs or Algerians", this is a non sense, if you are algerian you are arab. »

C'est faux. Tu peut avoir la nationalité algérienne et être arabe ou berbère. Tu peux même être un ex-Français : tous ne sont pas partis en 1962 !
Latin-Anglo-American   Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:35 pm GMT
<You claim to make no distinction based upon ethnicity, yet you say that you are 'half Italian'. How hypocritical.>

This is such a great point that Benjamin brought to our attention. Now, you we all notice that Nun Es will spend a few posts trying to elaborately back track, after she cut her own throat. (that's an expression that might not be understood by all of you)

<“During the Bronze Age France was inhabited by Celts who named it "Gallia" (Gaul),”

Here again, you are wrong, this is not Gaul but Gauls. The galic people did not and never had any political unity, they were not an entire nation. To name a countr, a unity is needed, that unity has been in fact created by Julius Caesar, he also added a capital (LUGDUNUM), capital of the Roman Gauls.

“””by a Latin dialect that eventually became modern French, though the French language is further away from Latin than most other Romanic languages and has been highly influenced by Germanic languages like Franconian »

I could correct you in all my life, you ignore the fact that the French language is based on its 1/3 from Italian.

“””n the 5th century AD the Merowingians brought most of modern France under Franconian control and the Karolingians later finished their work, after the treaty of Verdun (843)”””

This is also the case of what is actually the half part of Italy and some spanish area, the Germanic influences did not only settled in France. You reminded the politicians in France who said to the people : Don’t worry; the radioactivity of Tchernobyl stoped at our border. >

I did not write any of the above. I quoted it from another source. If you actually read that particular post, you will see that I said: "The following are not my own words".

Tell me this Nun Es. I don't know what your gender is, but let's just assume you are a man. Say your wife, who is also white, like your self in this case, becomes pregnant. And for the sake of this illustration, we are going to say you are both white.

Upon the birth of the baby, you discover that "your" child has black skin, nappy hair, negroid features like a large flat nose, and big lips.

Now Nun Es, assuming you're at least of average intelligence, would you not question whether or not this was indeed your child? Answer that honestly.

<Latins are less war like
LOL LOL LOL LOL :

The romans did not conquer anything, LOL LOL >

If you read my the rest of my post in that thread, you will see that I said the Romans conquered the known world. But, I guess you missed that along with several other key points.

<Here again, you have a knowledge of history which is poor, “and the far north of the Island in Scotland.”, this is not the reality: most of them have been pushed outside of the islands but came to what is called “Bretagne” located in France. The PICS (actually the Scottish people) have never been pushed to their extreme islands.>

Many Britons did flee to the northwest edges of Gaul once the Anglo-Saxon "assistance" had become full blown. Yet, many others, in the formerly Roman part of Britain (which translates into modern day England and Wales) were gradually wiped out or pushed back, further and further west, into the only land left to the native people of Britain was Wales. They became deeply entrenched in that small corner of the island, effectively resisting further English incursions for a few centuries. That is until Edward of England developed a system of conquest whereby he constructed several castles in the Welsh countryside, which gave him control over vast stretches of territory and effectively crushed Welsh resistance.

The original inhabitants of modern day Scotland, were the native Britons north of Roman controlled Britannia. Around the same time of the Anglo-Saxon invasion of southern Britain, warrior tribes from Ireland known as the Picts and Scotti descended upon northern Britain, wiping out, the native peoples of the region. They like the Angles in the south, bequethed their name to their new land - Scotland.

<“During the Bronze Age France was inhabited by Celts who named it "Gallia" (Gaul),” >

As I pointed at in the very same post you got this from, these were not my words.

<Here again, you are wrong, this is not Gaul but Gauls. The galic people did not and never had any political unity, they were not an entire nation. To name a countr, a unity is needed, that unity has been in fact created by Julius Caesar, he also added a capital (LUGDUNUM), capital of the Roman Gauls.>

Gaul was fractured into dozens of warring tribes, much like the the Natives of North America, or the warring city states of Greece. The Romans, who saw things through the eyes of a civilized person, sought to assign a name to the territory, even long before Caesar's Gallic wars. The Gauls and the Romans had a long history together. Before the relatively weak city state of Rome had grown into an imperial power, the Celtic people of the north descended upon the Italian peninsula, ravaged the countryside, looted, and sacked Rome.

The Romans never forgot the brutality of those "fearsome, savage Celts".
Centuries later, when Caesar was looking for a political pretext for his conquest of Gaul, he played on the xenophobic fears of the Roman people. He portrayed Gaul to be a serious threat to the security of the Roman people, much like George Bush's invasion of Iraq.

The Greek word for the geographically wide spread people was Keltoi. The Roman word for Celt was Galli. For that reason, the Romans named the region inhabited by the Galli, Gallia, from which we derive the English word, Gaul.

The Gauls did unite collectively however, in a resistance effort against the outsiders, the Romans. The different tribes of Gaul were loosely united in that they I all identified themselves as Celts, who shared a similar tounge and culture. They were fractured into warring tribes, but so were the ancient Greeks. The people of Greece always saw themselves as Greeks, but they were divided into several city states, which were often at war with each other. But, in times of foriegn invasion, as was the case with the Persian wars, the warring city states united as one, to resist the outsider. The same was finally done in Gaul, when the various Gallic chieftans united under the band of Vercingetorix.
Nun Es   Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:30 pm GMT
Benjamin,

"
In the same sense that if you are British/French/German/Italian/etc., you are also European. However, most Europeans prefer to identify first as British/French/German/Italian/etc. before 'European', whilst some people (moi, par exemple) prefer to identify as 'European' first."

NO you are making a confusion, you can also be from Kenya, Ethiopia, Algeria, Moroco you are AFRICAN but you are not arab if you are from Kenya.

YOu are making a confusion between a geographiq area for example Europe which includes of course the germans, the french, the italians, the danish, polish, Bulgaria....
but you are not from a slavic culture if you are danish.
Nun Es   Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:37 pm GMT
greg,

"C'est faux. Tu peut avoir la nationalité algérienne et être arabe ou berbère. Tu peux même être un ex-Français : tous ne sont pas partis en 1962 !"

ça c'est vrai, je dois l'admettre :

l'Algérie est définie en tant que pays arabe, berbère (amazigh) et musulman.
Presque tous les Algériens sont musulmans, d'origine arabe, berbère ou métissée arabo-berbère[3]. Les Arabes ont envahi l'Algérie aux VIIe et XIe siècles et y ont établi leur culture. On estime qu'environ 80 % des Algériens sont arabophone, 20 % en revanche sont berbères mais la plupart parlent aussi l'arabe. Le peuplement de l'Algérie n'a reçu qu'une contribution démographique arabe limitée, et une grande partie des populations arabophones est berbère.

Wikipedia
Nun Es   Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:44 pm GMT
"black skin, nappy hair, negroid features like a large flat nose, and big lips. "

sorry Latin Anglo American but i know some people who are black but don't have big lips, a large flat nose.

I also kow some white people who don't have a white but a pink skin.

About myself, it never happened, my son has a light dark skin and his own body and face, i never asked myself if he was black.

I think you are mentally ill.
Nun Es   Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:49 pm GMT
Benjamin,

"most Europeans prefer to identify first as British/French/German/Italian/etc. before 'European', whilst some"

How do you know that? Did you ask to all of them?

geographiq=geographical