Do Irish people like to be called Paddies???

Guest   Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:51 pm GMT
Englidiots have pathetic racist nicknames for eveybody, evidently they don't know they are the more idiots of all.
Cool American Guy   Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:43 pm GMT
Now, now, now...

We just need to use a little moderation in our accusations here. Everyone has their idiots. Everyone has their defenders as well. If it really came down to it, would you defend your country? Or is your fealty swayed by the situation you momentarily find yourself in? Is either effort worth your movement?

How determined an individual would you be were you given seconds notice to act? Where will you learn to think on your feet?
Patrick   Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:07 am GMT
I haven't read a single word in this long thread. The Irish simply feel offended if you don't call them "paddy".
Adam   Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:42 am GMT
"Englidiots have pathetic racist nicknames for eveybody"

You mean like the racist Scottish word "Sassenach?"
Guest   Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:51 am GMT
It's a fact that english are the most racist of all. English language is FULL of offensive words for EVERYONE, except english. The American english too. It's a fact not fantasies. For this reason english is very coarse, I think so.
In other languages there are not such an immense amount of offensive words for other people. This is the "very intelligent and educated" british and american way of thinking. Amazingly they believe to be the best of all but it's so pathetic because it is the contrary so often
Liz   Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:33 pm GMT
<<It's a fact that english are the most racist of all. English language is FULL of offensive words for EVERYONE, except english. The American english too. It's a fact not fantasies. For this reason english is very coarse, I think so.
In other languages there are not such an immense amount of offensive words for other people. This is the "very intelligent and educated" british and american way of thinking. Amazingly they believe to be the best of all but it's so pathetic because it is the contrary so often>>

How do you know that? Do you speak all languages of the world?
Guest   Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:18 pm GMT
to fuck means to have sex -- fuck has so many variations
look at the word asshole
look at the word dickhead
look at the word dick
look at the word cunt

..........etc

In other languages, (i speak 4 just as a reference) , there are swear words but not in the same class of those exist in English language. Also, they dont contain many racial slurs unlike Engish. It is sad but true.
Liz   Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:08 pm GMT
GUEST:
I can assure you that there are much more variations for the act of having sex and taboo words in, say, Hungarian or even in Serbian. It's not something to be proud of, but, sadly enough, it's a fact.

Anyway, it's a pointless discussion as what you find "more" or "the most" offensive is entirely subjective.
Phil   Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:35 pm GMT
Hooray for English. We have a variety of swear words. I think that's f***ing great. English is the dogs *******s, isn't it?... I could go on all night but I'll spare you.

My French friends say there are less swear words in their funny froggie language. One of them swears like a trooper in English. That's how good English swear words are.
Guest   Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:17 pm GMT
How do you know that? Do you speak all languages of the world?

No, I speak 4 European languages and English is the most coarse and vulgar of all. Sorry but true. Evidently it reflects the lowest level of deep-rooted racism of its speakers, they have slurs for EVERYONE. In other more classy languages there are none.

PS: If French is a froggie language (whatever it means) considering the incalcolable slurs in English it is a PIGGY language
David   Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:19 am GMT
They often call THEMSELVES Paddies, but don't like other people to. Just like black people often refer to themselves as Niggers, but don't like other people to.
Emilie   Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:00 pm GMT
"To avoid further misunderstanding, the essence of my message is the following: many Welsh, Scottish, Irish etc. people DO NOT like the aforementioned nicknames, and Adam, as an ardent nationalist, obviously wouldn't be happy with Americans, Australians etc. calling him a limey. (At least I reckon so.)"

I'm an American, and I've never even heard of "paddies, limeys, etc."

I don't think most Americans even know those names exist.
Emilie   Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:26 pm GMT
"Americans are “septic tanks”??? Gosh boys and girls that really hurts!"

Yeah really, I'd rather be called any of those other names before that one!
Rene   Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:40 pm GMT
"I don't think most Americans even know those names exist."

I beg to differ and I think the person who said "Americans are “septic tanks”??? Gosh boys and girls that really hurts!" was being sarcastic. In any case, I much prefer lobsterbacks to limeys (I mean if you're going for pejoratives here lets at least go for a funny one.
Guest   Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:26 pm GMT
Which are the offensive words for english and americans in english?