Vosotros vs Ustedes usage by native speakers travelling

Marc   Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:47 am GMT
">Dream on. It was not me who has relentessly made public his stupidity here, though..... you have left a nice testimony of your incapability of.... reading, understanding, well, thinking.... and anyone can read it anytime, word by word my friend. Till our moderator wakes up and delete this thread, which now sucks thanks to you. What an achievement!!!!!...<"

No one really cares about me nor you at Antimoon. What achievements Sergio? This is not an academic forum nor it's a real forum. Period. You're hilarious.....Indeed you live in a fantasy world; and I live in a Black and White world according to your assessment. In the end my friend, everybody is the same on here, except for Brennus. I know this may be of an inconvenience towards your double-life (i.e. JGreco, Sergio, Manolo and what have you). Don't feel sad. I wish you luck, in despite of everything. Good reads. Good laughs. Good chat. Good riddance from this discussion.

P.s. Has anybody told you Sergio / JGreco, that you look like Eugenio Derbez...Hahaha...
Manolo   Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:46 pm GMT
I just want to confirm that "Manolo" is from Spain, on the Valencian Mediterranean coast. It doesn't really matter much but it's the plain truth. I learnt my English in Great Britain.

The only thing I can say, Marc, is that this thread was going on finely until you appeared. We may not be linguists (I can assure you Brennus certainly isn't: except if there is an impressionist school of linguists, poor man always "metiendo la pata") but we were sharing ways of saying things in different Spanish-speaking countries. We know quite a lot about that because we happen to be native Spanish-language speakers.

And then you pop up and try to give us all lessons. I do agree on something. Good ridance! I certainly have better things to do with my life.

Il fallait bien que tu sois un français arrogant!

I also learnt French in France.
JGreco   Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:39 pm GMT
"No one really cares about me nor you at Antimoon. What achievements Sergio? This is not an academic forum nor it's a real forum. Period. You're hilarious.....Indeed you live in a fantasy world; and I live in a Black and White world according to your assessment. In the end my friend, everybody is the same on here, except for Brennus. I know this may be of an inconvenience towards your double-life (i.e. JGreco, Sergio, Manolo and what have you). Don't feel sad. I wish you luck, in despite of everything. Good reads. Good laughs. Good chat. Good riddance from this discussion.

P.s. Has anybody told you Sergio / JGreco, that you look like Eugenio Derbez...Hahaha..."

Your an idiot. I am someone completely different. If you were internet savy you would realize that I have the same registration on many different websites and I'm not Manolo or Sergio. By the was I'm from Florida and i have several registrations under the same name that require a password which this site doesn't for some odd reason. I'm also on myspace with the SAME EXACT NAME BECAUSE ITS MY FAMILY NAME!!!! So please do not come to conclusions that are wrong and don't accuse people of things they didn't do.
Gabriel   Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:43 am GMT
And I'm deeply offended because I wasn't accused of being Sergio in disguise. Why was I left out? I concur with his views and opinions on this issue and I side with him in this particular feud with our eager but misled Spanish learner, Marc.
Jesus   Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:47 pm GMT
el voseo esta muy extendido en el cono sur(Argentina, Uruguay.Paraguay)casi es general,en toda centroamerica es usada,solo en Panama esta mas reducido al igual que Colombia,Venezuela,Ecuador; en Chile y Bolivia su uso es regular(se usa en algunas zonas)eln Cuba solo se usa en la zona orientalpor un numero reducido y en Peru aunque paresca extraño tambien existe voseo(especialmente Cajamarca y Arequipa) tengo familiares que son de alli por eso estoy seguro que ahi se usa el voseo.
Jesus   Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:51 pm GMT
el voseo(el uso del vos) esta muy extendido en el cono sur(Argentina, Uruguay.Paraguay)casi es general,en toda centroamerica es usada,solo en Panama esta mas reducido al igual que Colombia,Venezuela,Ecuador; en Chile y Bolivia su uso es regular(se usa en algunas zonas)eln Cuba solo se usa en la zona orientalpor un numero reducido y en Peru aunque paresca extraño tambien existe voseo(especialmente Cajamarca y Arequipa) tengo familiares que son de alli por eso estoy seguro que existe el voseo.
edgar_arbaiza@hotmail.com   Sun May 06, 2007 12:14 am GMT
Marc Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:26 pm GMT
THIS PROFILE DESCRIPTION CORRESPONDS TO "JGreco, Sergio and Manolo?"

http://forum.wordreference.com/member.php?u=62553

Date of Birth: November 26, 1987

Home country and native language: Spanish, Mexico

Interests: go out, read, listen to music, study

Biography: loving languages

Language(s) learning: french, english. italian

MSN edgar_arbaiza@hotmail.com
Yahoo! grekh_ed@yahoo.co.uk
Skype™ grekh_euar

http://edgar10.spaces.live.com/

GOT'CHA...chilango muchachooooo!!! Jajajaja ;)

ESTE PERFIL ES MÍO!!, ME LLAMO EDGAR ARBAIZA, NO JGreco!!!!
El Pinoy   Mon May 07, 2007 1:12 am GMT
Don't forget that Vos is also used in Chavacano, especially when cursing off someone. Yeah that's right. Our own people in Zamboanga, Filipinas also use and survived Vos and Vosotros althought they don't conjugate the verbs. Por ejemplo (Just examples and not toward anyone):

Ignorante Vos! - You're ignorant!
Chingga vos nana! - 'F' your mom!
Muri ya ere vos! Wish you'd die
Quierre vos golpe? Wanna be punched?
NO hay vos nada! You are nothing!
Cabrona vos! You're a Bitch!
Pendejo vos! You're stupid!

It's really funny that Chavacano swear words are just like how Mexicans swear with the exception of Vos

I have read that Vos and Vosotros are used as formal in certain Spanish speaking countries, but it is also used the other way (meaning when speaking to a servant) in other countries.