The importance of russian language studies

Guest   Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:37 am GMT
<< What kind of Russian is that in the last post??? Computer generated???? :))))))))))) >>

You were able to say that it's because your not really Vytenis but a hispanic using his name. Try typing messages in correct Spanish and have it translated in English using computers and there are lots of grammatical and syntatic errors that will appear. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Guest   Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:45 am GMT
The truth is Russian is stronger than Spanish and it is more likely to become a global language. In Cuba, Russian is widely spoken and it's a required subject there. In Gibraltar too, Russian is becoming more and more widely spoken. These two are Spanish speaking enclaves. Can you name a Russian speaking country where Spanish is popular and a require subject? None for sure.

French and German are also quite popular not only in Cuba, but in other Latin American countries and even in Spain.
Guest   Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:32 am GMT
hahaha, why do you keep trying so hard... seriously, do you actually believe that yourself?
Guest   Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:55 am GMT
<<I don't like russian simbols, they look so ugly. >>

Is that because it looks like they use large and small capitals, rather than real upper and lower case letters?

Anyway, the big X with the bar through it, and the III symbol look pretty classy to me, and the 3 and backwards R are cute, too.
Guest   Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:19 am GMT
yeah but in general they look ugly, there's nothing classier than roman characters.
Guest   Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:08 am GMT
I don't believe that thing about Cuba. Show me some proof and I believe. More than simply one sentence in Encarta.
K. T.   Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:35 am GMT
<<I don't like russian simbols, they look so ugly. >>

I think that is one of the funniest things I've read here. I like the way Cyrillic looks (when printed) and I especially like the symbol " ж" as in может быть, which sounds very cool to me. Russian has beautiful sounds. I guess I like Russian and Portuguese best. Lol. I guess the letter ж has other fans.
Guest   Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:43 am GMT
<< hahaha, why do you keep trying so hard... seriously, do you actually believe that yourself? >>

It's you who's trying so hard that you even reach to a point that you make lies and robbing the good attributes credited to a particular linguistic group and ascribe it to Spanish speaking world. That's not good!
Vytenis   Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:48 pm GMT
I think all languages have beautiful sounds if one listens to them closely and learns to appreciate them. I am not a hispanic, I speak Russian and noticed that the peace of Russian text presented earlier was clearly computer generated. Thats all.
Guest   Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:55 pm GMT
<<Russian has beautiful sounds<<

Anna Yevgenevna Gluskina:

О запах померанцев, так ждущих жадно мая

О запах померанцев, так ждущих жадно мая,
Опять вдыхаю я всю прелесть их цветов...
И вот любовь мелькнула предо мной былая,
И вновь явился ты в мечтах весны желанной,
Но ты не тот теперь, не тот, чем был когда-то...
Тебя не узнаю - ведь сердца твоего
Никто не знает, и не поймут его...
Но почему цветы совсем попрежнему благоухают,
И так они тебя всегда, всегда напоминают!

O zapakh pomerancev, tak zhdushchikh zhadno maja,
Opjat' vdykhaju ja vsju prelest' ikh cvetov...
I vot ljubov' mel'knula predo mnoj bylaja,
I vnov' javilsja ty v mechtakh vesny zhelannoj,
No ty ne tot teper', ne tot, chem byl kogda-to...
Tebja ne uznaju - ved' serdca tvojego
Nikto ne znajet, i ne pojmut jego...
No pochemu cvety sovsem poprezhnemu blagoukhajut,
I tak oni tebja vsegda, vsegda napominajut!

O the smell of oranges that have waited so eagerly for May to come
Once more I can breathe in all the wonder of the blossoms...
And have a fleeting vision of my love past
And so you have waited in my dreams of long awaited Spring
But you are not the same now, you are the same as you were then...
I do not recognise you since your heart remains
a mystery to us all, and no one will ever understand!
But why do the flowers have the same fragrance as before
And why do they always, oh, always remind me of you?
Vytenis   Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:10 pm GMT
Yes, i agree. Boris Grebenshikov sings in Russian and his songs sound really nice. But I like many other singers in other languages and they sound very nice too in their songs... For example Joe Dassin in French or Mohamed Mounir in Arabic...
Vytenis   Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:11 pm GMT
By the way, has anyone tried listening Vladimir Vysocki singing? How does his Russian sound??? :))))))
Guest   Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:30 pm GMT
Guest   Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:40 pm GMT
How about HIS Russian???

Аркадий Северный:
"Как хотел бы я стать Есениным..."
Блатная песня на стихи В.Раменского...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjLRjj_l9ko
Vytenis   Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:22 pm GMT
Whats the English for "blatnaya pesnia"? a prison song?