Is English A Sexy Language?

johnojohn   Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:26 pm GMT
From reading other posts I suppose it matters where you are from and so I declare my origins: I am English.

There is one language which sounds more important than all the others, more sexy than all the others, more weighty than all the others and that language is Italian.

Every word, every sentence sounds like poetry.

(Even if you later learn it translated to "please unblock the sordid toilet" or something akin)
lidi   Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:57 pm GMT
personally, i have never been told my accent is sexy (im english), but i wonder if americans think that the upper class accent is sexy opposed to that of the cockney 'aints' and 'innits' (english people will have a better understanding of what i mean). Do anericans find cockney accents sexy too?
lidi   Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:59 pm GMT
sorry for the misspell...i meant americans. and in my personal opinion i find bulgarian accents very erm...interesting lol
Uriel   Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:05 am GMT
If it were on a sexy individual, yes. I'm not terribly excited by English accents myself, but on the right person, anything can be a turn-on!
Ed   Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:57 pm GMT
<<and in my personal opinion i find bulgarian accents very erm...interesting lol >>
Do you mean Bulgarian accent in English or in Bulgarian? And what's "interesting" supposed to mean in this case?
Adam   Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:03 pm GMT
English is more beautiful than Italy.

For a start, English has 2-3 more sounds than Italian has.
Adam   Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:04 pm GMT
2-3 TIMES more sounds than Italian.
Ed   Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:06 pm GMT
<<2-3 TIMES more sounds than Italian. >>

So?
Adam   Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:09 pm GMT
"My country is having a revolution, instead of your country where you are slaves and like it. VIVE LA FRANCE!!!!!! "

England had a revolution and got rid of its Monarchy BEFORE France did. The French only rose up and got rid of their Monarchy in 1789, whereas the English did it way back in the 1640s during the Civil War, when we beheaded Charles I and became a Republic.

However, a few years later, we restored the Monarchy, but made it a Constitutional Monarchy rather than an Absolute Monarchy - so France was ruled by an Absolute Monarchy up until the 1780s, whilst at the same time England was ruled by a Constitutional Monarchy, meaning that the Monarch only rules by the consent of the British People.

However, the French like to act as though they were the first to get rid of their Monarchy, even though the English replaced their Absolute Monarchy for a Constitutional Monarchy 140 years before France became a Republic.
The World Wide Wow   Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:43 pm GMT
Any language that puts "le" or "la" next to an English word (le weekend, l'hotdog, le silly boy) isn't sexy.

A Frenchman would chat an Englishwoman up like this -

"Ooooh, bonjour, ma little pretty. Vous avez les beautiful titties! Je peux touch them, s'il vous plait? You want to venez to ma maison et drink some vin rouge?"
------------------------
Adam,

By saying the above, it shows me your lack of logic.
People speak different in chat rooms and many times they do it because they try to look cool (kul).It doesn't have anything to do with the real language. What is true is that the French language has borrowed a lot of English words and made them sound "Frenchy", i.e "le weekend".
French language is not the only language that has done that. Any country I go to I hear Englishisms in that particular language and I believe it's because English is an International Language and now days most of the people speak it or at least try to.
I don't see any problems with that, though.
Guest   Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:41 pm GMT
<<Any language that puts "le" or "la" next to an English word>>

What kind of language needs 3 words for "the" anyway?
Guest   Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:51 am GMT
most of the difficult language i'd say. And since english is very easy....
Jerry   Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:26 pm GMT
Haha,how can define a language as a sexy one~ :)
Larissa   Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:41 pm GMT
no doubt, English is the sexiest! :)
English Mind   Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:33 pm GMT
English language is sexy but how we can prove this!

I'll tell you

If we look at the word cow which refers to a name of animal, we always find it used with woman.

You are cow ... it means woman are cow not man ..

so.. English presents bad words associated commmonly with woman.

This illustrates that English is sexy and not fair

another example may make it clear

if we look at words like Hero which is associated with Men, we find this word has a normal without adding any suffixes but if we look at the word Heroin, there is the suffix IN added to the word hero to describe the woman.

through this example, we can conclude men are normal and women are not normal because they add suffixes.

:)