To the English people here: Celtic or Anglo-Saxon bloodline?

Guest   Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:44 pm GMT
I strongly advise you to seek medical advice

Ok, thanks.

But whatever you do, never , ever attemp to set foot on British soil......

Britain is a small and infested island, I would never attempt to set foot on there . It's all yours.

And while we're at it, the original brainchild of the computer and computer programming techniques as we now know it was.....an Englishman. Does the name Charles Babbage (1791-1871) not ring a bell with you?

You are completely wrong. Modern computer programming techniques are based on the Von Neumann architecture. This man was from Hungary, not England. Baggabe designed a machine which was a (important) step towards automatic computation, but it was not a computer nor had the principles of modern computation in it. If Babbage's machine was a computer, then an abacus , the Antikythera mechanism or Pascal's calculator are computers as well.
Guest   Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:18 pm GMT
Sad really that so many have a chip on their shoulders, I'm happy and proud of my heritage!

Proud to be an ugly butcherer prone to genocide.... if you are happy this way....

PS: Hollywood actors are NOT english!!! They are American! I guess you were drinking a bottle Cherry when you thought that brilliant idea
Guest   Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:35 pm GMT
If English are ugly and with pimples it's not their fault. stop have fun on them
Guest   Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:40 pm GMT
If English are ugly and with pimples it's not their fault. stop have fun on them

Not completely true. The English people don't take care of their teeth so when an English smiles I always close my eyes.
Earle   Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:48 pm GMT
Really strange that people have so much passion about such trivia...
Keno   Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:02 pm GMT
Let me explain it for your feeble mind, just because an Actor works in Hollywood it doesn't make them American. For example Keira Knightly is English, she starred in Pirates of the Carribean, a film made by "Hollywood"! Anyway, as a Viking/Celt and an Englishman I have better things to do than discuss the finite nature of my heritage with a bunch of spotty teens! Get over yourself! I for one and many others on this Isle couldn't care less if you or anyone else "likes" English people. Strangely enough I have more pressing things in life! It must really upset you typing in our language lol
Kena   Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:30 pm GMT
It must really upset you typing in our language lol

Your language? haha. English belongs to US!.
Guest   Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:41 pm GMT
<<Your language? haha. English belongs to US!. >>

It was graciously bequeathed to us by our beloved English forefathers...

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN
Kena   Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:56 pm GMT
Sure, but people speak in English mainly becuse it is the language of US.
Guest   Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:22 pm GMT
Let me explain a thing. You cannot take actors like a comparison because they are exceptions. I don't want to point out if people think the actors you said are nice or not, but every country could have the same amount of actors working in HW as the english and much more. Why aren't they? Simple! because they don't speak english and we all know it is fundamental to work in HW.
Is it a serious answer yours? you say that "teens" are the others then...
...Why must I be upset typing? What is it? British humour???
Guest   Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:56 pm GMT
beloved English forefathers??? You mean that little bunch of gays who came in tiny ship and start killing people immediately?
Father of what ????? US have been built by ALL THE WORLD, not by that beloved foregays and rejected.
God save the queen!!!! AHAHAH!!! this shows all the english stupidity, without offence! Yes, god save the queen, if someone else dies...who cares!!!
Damian in Edinburgh   Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:01 am GMT
***God save the queen!!!! AHAHAH!!! this shows all the english stupidity, without offence! ***

Inspector Morse detects a British spelling here........ Do you have such a low opinion of the English that you cannot even grant them capitalisation? You obviously feel the same way about the Deity and the English monarch! Never mind, it's your prerogative. :-)
Avowans   Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:31 pm GMT
<<Scotland is Scotland and it's part of Britain, and the Scots are neither English nor Welsh
England is England and it's part of Britain and the English are neither Scottish nor Welsh
Wales is part of Britain and the Welsh are neither Scottish nor English
The Irish are too busy supping Guinness to care too much about anything! :-)>>

Cornwall is Cornwall (Kernow) and it's also part of Britain and they are none of the above !! :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_nations
http://thisisnotengland.co.uk/forum/index.php
Guest   Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:33 am GMT
Phew! I'm exhausted after reading this thread.

<the original brainchild of the computer and computer programming techniques as we now know it was.....an Englishman. Does the name Charles Babbage (1791-1871) not ring a bell with you?

. . . . . . . .

You are completely wrong. Modern computer programming techniques are based on the Von Neumann architecture. This man was from Hungary>

Many inventions are not invented by the accredited inventor, they are just the people that got their names written down by those who record history and we all know how accurate that really is!
Many inventions are developments of pre-existing ideas.

For example, James Watt (as an English man, I confess that the Scots were damn fine inventors!) is alleged to have invented the steam engine but there was already various kinds in existence. Watt managed to cause the steam to condense in a separate chamber apart from the piston, giving the world the steam engine as we now know it today.

So who invented the computer? A Hungarian? A German, a Briton?
100 years from now, it will probably be an AMerican ie Bill Gates!
Russconha   Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:41 am GMT
(that last post was from me)

To anyone who truly believes that one 'race', nationality or ethnicity is superior to another I strongly recommend reading this book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns,_Germs,_and_Steel