Language-to-Language Quotes

Jamie On   Saturday, September 27, 2003, 20:09 GMT
Swedish is German as spoken underwater.
Juan   Saturday, September 27, 2003, 23:05 GMT
Hey, hey, hey!! There is nothing vulgar about Spanish thank you very much! It has very little resemblence too French. In any case it would be the other way round, "French is just vulgar Spanish". It also very little resemblence to Italian. Anyway all Romance languages evolved from Latin, so that makes Italian, French, Portuguese and Spanish all VULGAR LATIN forms. Spanish was certainly not derived from French, Italian or Portuguese but Latin. Just thought I would point that out.
Clark   Saturday, September 27, 2003, 23:56 GMT
Juan, I know, I know. You are not getting the point of this thread!

Wassabi, try to get more creative. The point is not really to state a fact, just funny illustrations of how people perceive languages.

Canadian English is what happens when Americans want to be more British.
wassabi   Sunday, September 28, 2003, 05:02 GMT
ok....fine..creative,creative....er...spanish is a combination of italian and french, which came from english (not true) and mixed with a bit of latin (not true) with people favouring the letter 'o' (not true)and decided, why don't we leave England and move to france (not true) so they did, and learned it, then moved to italy, then started speaking englitalifrench (not true) then decided why not move to spain becuase spain sounds like rain and thats what we like (not true) and then they said, lets call it spanish cuz we live in spain, this is so cool! (not true)
Clark   Sunday, September 28, 2003, 19:16 GMT
Ido is what happens to Esperanto when the inventors want to make a truly easy language.
Clark   Sunday, September 28, 2003, 19:19 GMT
Latino Sin Flexione is what happens to Latin when people PLAN to make the Classical Latin language into a modern Romance language.
Clark   Sunday, September 28, 2003, 19:22 GMT
German is Dutch as spoken by grammarians.
Clark   Sunday, September 28, 2003, 19:23 GMT
Dutch is German as spoken by really fun people.
Jay   Monday, September 29, 2003, 00:26 GMT
gasp, someone impersonated me on this thread. Or there's another Jay.
Clark   Monday, September 29, 2003, 05:45 GMT
Scottish Gaelic is Irish as spoken by Picts.
Clark   Monday, September 29, 2003, 05:46 GMT
Scottish Galeic is essentially Irish; after 7 or 8 pints of Guiness.
Clark   Monday, September 29, 2003, 05:48 GMT
There are three oficial languages of Ireland; Irish, English and Guinness.
Jim   Monday, September 29, 2003, 06:49 GMT
American English is what happens when Canadians want to be less British.
Da Frogg   Monday, September 29, 2003, 07:52 GMT
Brazilian is Portuguese spoken by laughing people.
Da Frogg   Monday, September 29, 2003, 07:54 GMT
Breton is French with scrambled syllables.

Welsh (Cymraeg) is English with scrambled syllables and a little bit of tough Rs.