Accents of some famous stars

Ryan   Sunday, March 14, 2004, 17:32 GMT
Actually, Doon, Joey is the one with the New York accent. The rest of them sound like they are from other places originally.
paul   Sunday, March 14, 2004, 18:25 GMT
larry king on CNN has a mild New York accent. Most New ANNOUNCERS speak a standard General American accents on CNN.
regards, Paul V.
Chris   Tuesday, March 16, 2004, 15:13 GMT
What about Sean Penn? where is he from?
paul   Tuesday, March 16, 2004, 15:48 GMT
cyndi lauper has a very strong new york accent when shetalks, but her singing is standard General American.
Regards, Paul V.
pobre_diablo   Tuesday, March 16, 2004, 17:30 GMT
larry king - mild accent? i'd sat its pretty overstated.
cindy lauper has a totally brooklyn accent.
Elaine   Tuesday, March 16, 2004, 22:20 GMT
Sean Penn hails from my hometown of Santa Monica, California.
HEnry   Thursday, March 18, 2004, 17:29 GMT
I think the way he speaks has nothing to do with his accent. he sounds like too nasal..
Art   Monday, March 22, 2004, 22:48 GMT
Can anybody tell me how to recognize a new yorker's accent? thanks
pobre_diablo   Tuesday, March 23, 2004, 01:01 GMT
there are messages above that are about recognizing new york accent.
Lainie   Wednesday, March 24, 2004, 02:10 GMT
I love Jude Law's accent. I know he's from London, but aren't there different types of accents in London? Does anyone know what Jude's is?
Nerdanni   Wednesday, March 24, 2004, 05:39 GMT
Ok, it may seem silly, but most of the stars mentioned earlier speak with a standard AmE accent. Is this anything like the california accent? I've lived in california my whole life, but I can't use myself as a model for speech, nor my friends, considering all of us have slightly different accents. If there is a difference can you point them out. I would expect them to be the same though, considering everyone I know (excluding people from out of state) sounds like most people on the new and television. However we still have those valley girl and surfer dude dialects.
Very confusing indeed!!
Swetbang   Wednesday, March 24, 2004, 13:09 GMT
Jude Law
----------------------------

Jude Law has a "posh" london accent, most British actors that make it big only seem to have one accent. Unless their from Scotland.
Lainie   Thursday, March 25, 2004, 04:50 GMT
I loved Jude in "Wilde" and in "A.I."
Swetbang, are you from London? By Scottish actors did you mean like Sean Connery?
Seth   Friday, March 26, 2004, 15:18 GMT
Sean Connery 's accen makes him seem a very educated person , But I think some famous americans must have mild accents too, can you think of one??
Paul   Friday, March 26, 2004, 15:49 GMT
Tom Hanks
and the Star of Third Rock from the Sun