Wallonia must be part of FRANCE

Fredrik from Norway   Thursday, January 20, 2005, 19:44 GMT
Pierre Caroit:
Well, France annexed a nice chunk of Flanders, once upon a time...
But they also took the fort of Givet, from Wallonie, didn't they?
Tiste   Thursday, January 20, 2005, 19:47 GMT
Come on , It's a fact that French kings always had hughe intrest in Flanders. Half of Flanders is part of france now....
Pierre Cardoit   Thursday, January 20, 2005, 19:48 GMT
Fredrik,

You don't seem to understand the sense of this sentence...
It's quite normal, since you don't speak french. It doesn't refer to monarchy, to the french kings...or anything like that!!!

The "chemin du roy" is the road in quebec where De Gaulle was acclaimed by the Quebeckers. He was welcoming by "Vive le québec libre", "Vive de Gaulle" etc...because the quebeckers wanted france to help us to have the independence.

He makes this reference to explain that it would be the same if he had been in Wallonia.
You understand now???
Pierre Caroit   Thursday, January 20, 2005, 19:51 GMT
You're speaking about french kings??

I don't understand. Are you still living in the middle ages??
The french republic are not interested in flanders.
Pierre Caroit   Thursday, January 20, 2005, 19:54 GMT
I 've made a mistake

the quebeckers wanted france to help THEM to have the independence.
Tiste   Thursday, January 20, 2005, 20:26 GMT
Who says france is interested in you ?
Tiste   Thursday, January 20, 2005, 20:29 GMT
??? answer me that question without talking about De Gaulle ! I never get a good strong answer from any of you people !
Tiste   Thursday, January 20, 2005, 20:32 GMT
France was interested in us in the past , that's a fact ! But did they had interest in Wallonia ? No , they never made any effort to annex you . And don't give me that rubbish about WWII, because it wasn't up to the French to annex you back than...
Pierre Caroit   Thursday, January 20, 2005, 20:43 GMT
I Know the french people very well.

First, my sister married a french and is now living in Lyon.
Then I go to france several times a month... so I know the french very well. There is no difference between. They all say that they like us and that they would be happy to live with us...
This is the "sentimental aspect"...

As for the political one...Well, france governement will never refuse to annex wallonia for many reasons such as being more influent in "the heart of Europe", or to increase its population to reequilibrate the population size compared with germany, or just simply because France is a country that has always had a strong "sense of history" (Belgium misses it), and It knows that we are a part of the french nation...

I hope these reasons will make you understand why France won't refuse us.
Pierre Caroit   Thursday, January 20, 2005, 20:47 GMT
Well Tiste,

I understand that for the flemish, it may be difficult to speak about WWII...It's not rubbish; De Gaulle was right!!
Jordi   Thursday, January 20, 2005, 21:13 GMT
I will not repeat a message I wrote a couple of days ago. There were Walloon nazis and lots of French collaborationistes as well. Look yo Léon Degrelle, please, a great Walloon nazi bastard who ended up his days on a beach in southern Spain, of old age since he was received by a Spanish dictator who gave him refuge. Of course, there also were Flemish ones. I have the feeling you just don't feel like reading, knowing or advancing. You have been taught to forget all that is not in your favour. You might as well recall Vive le Québec Libre! De Gaulle also said Vive l'Algérie française! The fact is he never said Vive la Wallonie française! He was more convinced the Arabs were French than not you! Those are the facts. You only interest the French as a French culture enclave in Europe, the same as the French Swiss. You are nothing but a bridge between them and a Germanic world they've always been afraid of.
I had decided not to continue in this thread since we could carry on forever and you probably wouldn't accept anything that would go against your poor vision and your great cause. The best way to respect your neighbours is starting to respect yourself and forget that old French grandeur crap! There is no such thing as better or worse languages or nations.
Pierre Caroit   Thursday, January 20, 2005, 21:29 GMT
Jordi, I don't know the reason why you are always angry against France.
(In the forum, I've noticed you're always criticizing the french, anyways...)

Excuse me but I think you support the flemish just because you may think they are less numerous than the francophones so they have to be protected against the nasty french...Just a question: So far have you ever been in Belgium to give such a sharp opinion??
You don't seem to know all about the vexations the walloons undergo from the flemish leaders. I think you should ask for information before talking like that.
Pierre Caroit   Thursday, January 20, 2005, 21:39 GMT
My father was ejected from the university of Louvain in 1968 like a lot of walloons (just because he was not a flemish).
The flemish howled « Walen buiten !» (The Waloons, fuck off!!).
Oh but of course for you it's not important, it doesn't count at all.
You know you can't understand because you never sustained anything like that!!!
Troy   Thursday, January 20, 2005, 22:02 GMT
Oh for chrissakes! Give it a rest already, Pierre. Methinks that you're nothing but a troll.
Kate Ryan fan club   Friday, January 21, 2005, 00:55 GMT
Flemish singer Kate Ryan has been chosen by M. Farmer to do a cover of her song Desenchantee and make it top the european charts!!!

That's because Flemish singers are so much better than the Walloonia's
ones...

Louvain is in Flanders so you are expected to speak Dutch @ the university, just like you are expected to speak French @ the University of Namur...

You cannot speak French @ the universities in Calgary or Vancouver, neither @ the universities in Zurich...Get things straight!