Wallonia must be part of FRANCE

Jordi   Friday, January 21, 2005, 08:33 GMT
Dear Pierre:
I would like to recall the very first message you sent to this thread a few days ago. You started with "Lots of Laughs" against the Flemish because you consider yourself to be of a superior language and culture. You nor anybody is superior to the rest. You actually said Flemish was a poor language and "a throat illness". Are you surprised at all at how Flemish feel about their nice Walloon neighbours? By the way, Flemish is spoken in the Netherlands, Flanders, a small part of France and a very close language indeed is Afrikander in South Africa. Anyway, even if it was spoken by 3 people it still wouldn't be a "throat illness".
And you are, of course, wrong. I love France and French culture. I don't like French grandeur and French policies regarding other cultures other than French and some Walloons seem to want to imitate some of their French neghbours.

THIS IS WHAT YOU SAID ON JANUARY, 15:
"Walloon don't need to speak english because french is an international language with a GREAT culture contrary to your poor flemish language which looks more like a "throat illness" than anything else, and which is only spoken in Flanders,LOL!!! "
Echt goed   Friday, January 21, 2005, 10:57 GMT
Pierre forgot to look in the Belgium constitution where one can read Dutch (and not Flemish) is one of the 3 official languages of Belgium...

Flemish people speak Dutch and Flanders (including Brussels) and the Netherlands form the Taalunie or THE LANGUAGE UNION!
Pierre Caroit   Friday, January 21, 2005, 11:58 GMT
Dear Jordi,

I've have already said that I don't consider myself as superior to the flemish...But I prefer the french language to the flemish one. What's wrong??? I mean, some people prefer the sound of piano to tombone. That's exactly the same with the languages: I'm sure you too prefer the sounds of some languages to others and it doesn't mean you want to eradicate them!!!
If you were used to hearing the flemish language, you couldn't deny the fact it's VERY VERY guttural (Maybe you love that, I don't!!).

Then, contrary to what is alleged in this forum, flemish and dutch are "a bit different". Even in flanders there are different dialects and when you speak to dutch people they don't seem to love the flemish very much. But of course it tends to make the language uniform.

No, I don't want to assimilate them, I just want to separate from them (and they want the same)!!!
I think it's clear!!

PS: Please Jordi, don't forget that France helped and supported Spain and Portugal to enter UE whereas at the time many "northern european countries" (I think you know which countries and regions I'm refering to..) were rather opposed to that.
2Pierre   Friday, January 21, 2005, 12:21 GMT
Flemish Dutch is NOT guttural!

GOED is pronounced like ''hoot'' in English...

If you find our Flemish G ''guttural'' (which is pronounced as English H), then you find English guttural as well!!!

Waloon R is much more guttural than Flemish G!!!
Pierre Caroit   Friday, January 21, 2005, 12:46 GMT
I let you talk...

The french 'R' is not guttural...It's UVULAR (sometimes a bit rolled). We don't pronouce the 'r' with our throat but with the uvula!!!

Why do you deny that your language is guttural??
Ask anyone which language is the most guttural between french and flemish. I'm sure of the answers in advance!!
Fredrik from Norway   Friday, January 21, 2005, 14:14 GMT
Sorry, I totally misunderstood the Chemin de Roy affaire. My French is very limited....
Pierre Caroit   Friday, January 21, 2005, 14:23 GMT
To Fredrik,

No problem, It's quite normal... Even a francophone could misunderstand this sentence if he didn't know that it was the name of the road...
My Norwegian is very, very, very poor too...
Fredrik from Norway   Friday, January 21, 2005, 14:28 GMT
Isn't it wrong to call the Dutch -g guttural? After what I read on Wikipedia it is made by pressing air out thorugh a narrow passage between your raised tongue and the velum, that is the soft palate. So it is very close to an uvular French -r.
I suppose neither velar -g's nor uvular -r's are present in Flemish Dutch (am I right?), as opposed to modern Raandstad Netherlands Dutch. Although i haven't heard much Flemish Dutch, this absolutely supports the things being said here about Flemish being soft (maybe even softer than French?).
Fredrik from Norway   Friday, January 21, 2005, 14:33 GMT
Pierre Caroit
Well, learning Dutch is a good beginning when it comes to learning Norwegian:
Dutch melk = Norwegian melk = milk
Dutch spel = New Norwegian spel = game
Dutch boek = Norwegian bok = book

:-))
Pierre Caroit   Friday, January 21, 2005, 15:22 GMT
Fredrik,

Listen to a flemish speaker, then to a french one. If you don't find any differences between them when pronouncing 'R' or 'G' ... I can't say anything else.

If you have the Encarta encyclopedia, there is an article (at least in the french version) where you can listen to many languages such as dutch and french.
Tiste   Friday, January 21, 2005, 16:00 GMT
Pierre Caroit

I have lost all my respect for you ! You never seem to agree with anyone not-walloon or french !
Tiste   Friday, January 21, 2005, 16:08 GMT
Leuven has facilities for francophones you know ! Don't expect all of us to talk French to you if you don't do the same for us. If I go to the Ardennes for a weekend or so , my Flemish would have NO USE , since you are so stubborn to accept you live in a bilingual country ! When Walloons are visiting Flanders ; we are always prepared to talk French .

Wanna know why so many people vote for " Vlaams Belang" ? ( 1000 000 votes)
MOST OF THEM WEREN'T EVEN FLEMISH !
Turks vote for Vlaams Belang , because they want the Morrocans out and vica versa .... ( !they consist of 500 000 of the belgain population! )
Tiste   Friday, January 21, 2005, 16:12 GMT
Pierre Caroit

You can't represent the French on this forum just becaus yourbrother-in-law happens to be so. I want to here what REAL french people have to say about this ! The only one who understands us on this forum is Jordi and Fredrik ( to people who are well aware of the situation ), thanks for that.
I Vote for Vlaams Belang   Friday, January 21, 2005, 16:14 GMT
Yeahhhhhh!!!!!
Flanders is the best country in Europe,
The Walloons are just kind of rubish!!!!!
Without flanders, the poor walloniƫ is nothing!!

Vlaams Belang is the most important party in Flanders: we made more than 1,5 million last elections. So SHUT UP!!!!
When we take the power in flanders we get rid of you!!! you are the poorest people in Europe and are incapable of working in the modern society. It's not for the poors like you.
You're just BACKWARDS!!! You're just fucking walloons with no pride!!!
France will never accept you Muhahaaaaaaa!!!! because nobody wants you!!!!!!

Brussels is our capital!!! The francophone must leave it now!!!
We will take you out of Brussels!!!!!
Pierre Caroit   Friday, January 21, 2005, 16:20 GMT
It's distressing to read you...
I hope you're shameful, Racist!! Even if I don't agree with others flemish in this forum, they are polite enough to talk with them!! You are just an ignorant.
Keep voting for your racist party...You are contemptible!!!