dealing with rude people in western nations

Uriel   Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:36 am GMT
<<not to mention my kazoo playing... >>

Now that's just cruel, K.T. But I bet they don't knock on your door twice!

<<How much time have you spent in Texas? People who have only seen Texas on television tend to think it's all tumbleweeds and saloons and people shooting guns in the air while they toss back a shot of whiskey. That's an unfair stereotype.>>

Well, it pretty much sums up El Paso ;P .... but you're right: the eastern half of Texas is very humid and green and not at all like the wild west. And Austin is famous for its rich and varied music scene, as well as bein ghte home of the original "slackers". And not only Stevie Ray Vaughn and ZZ Top call Texas home -- so do the Butthole Surfers, which are as far from country or rockabilly as you're gonna get!
Skippy   Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:01 am GMT
And the Toadies, Tripping Daisy, Polyphonic Spree, St. Vincent, Reverend Horton Heat (who are the epitome of rockabilly)
Wintereis   Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:35 am GMT
<<There really is something truly specially about the confessional - as soon as you are inside there you really feel you can open up your heart to the priest you hear but never quite see, which makes it even easier to say what you feel you need to say.>>

I don't get this at all. It reminds me of African American Christians when they rebel against forced European indoctrination in all other forms but religion. Two friends of mine, a gay couple, go to Mass every Sunday and holidays. It is as if the burnings and beheadings never happened, as if the Old Testament didn't reek of antiquated bigotry (Oh, let’s sell our daughters in to slavery and stone the fags . . . that will make us feel right with God). I for one, when I am in need of a spiritual catharsis and replenishment, head to the mountains or the forest or the Ocean, which ever happens to be closest at the time, and just breath. What can any musty old Cathedral or pontification by an old preacher do that these can't? At least they don’t tell me that I’m an abomination. Besides that, I don't have to deal with hypocrisy. (E.G. George W. Bush claiming an intimacy with the Christian faith and God while ignoring such Biblical doctrine as, "It is easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God!" or Catholic priests condemning me for having sex with consenting adults while they rape children.)
Guest   Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:54 am GMT
Who called for a religious war?

But I must say, when I'm in need of spiritual catharsis and replenishment I go and join in at the local "fight club".
Guest   Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:29 am GMT
<<But I must say, when I'm in need of spiritual catharsis and replenishment I go and join in at the local "fight club". >>

When I'm in need of spiritual cartharsis I get my shroom on and watch The Ten Commandments, King of Kings or Apocalypse Now. But I usually turn the sound down and put on some King Crimson. I know, most of you are just wee bairns and haven't heard of any of this. But as our friend in another thread would say, "Wake up to shrooms and acid rock!" Of course I have to wank it throughout all of those films.

Wake up to wanking.
K. T.   Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:36 am GMT
"Now that's just cruel, K.T. But I bet they don't knock on your door twice!"

Actually they do! But never more than twice. I may have a kazoo, but I haven't done this-yet, but you got my joke.
Wintereis   Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:40 am GMT
<<When I'm in need of spiritual cartharsis I get my shroom on and watch The Ten Commandments, King of Kings or Apocalypse Now. But I usually turn the sound down and put on some King Crimson. I know, most of you are just wee bairns and haven't heard of any of this. But as our friend in another thread would say, "Wake up to shrooms and acid rock!" Of course I have to wank it throughout all of those films.

Wake up to wanking.>>

See, now that sounds like a spiritual journey to me. The fight club doesn't sound fun at all. I was just wondering how Damian reconciles all of this. It seems abstract to me.
Laura Braun   Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:00 am GMT
quote <<<ldo you believe in the power of Holy spirit? I do believe that it can reach everyone in personal level. So whoever is born from flesh is flesh , whoever is born from spirit is spirit"

How would anyone re-born from spirit ? by going to church ? >>>>

I promised not to come here, but because that question is very serious for me it's a life/death choice. I chose life. Going to church doesn't make me diferent from others, confessing of Christ as my saviour does. I'm looking in my church and what I see. Icons of too many saints. Which one to kiss, just kidding? I chose Christ as my savior as I already said. When I invited Christ in my heart I think that in that moment I was born by spirit. He doesn't promised to make my life esear He promised to be with me Forever and ever. Even when others forsake me, even when I'm all alone I have Christ with me. That's a great thought. I see the light above all that darkness in the world. I see it apart from that world full with misunderstanding, rude word, temptation...That's, because I'm me. During the night when Nikodim came to jesus to ask Him 'How can I be born again', Jesus answered Him that he has to be born by water and spirit. It's not a change in the body, it's a change in the mind.
Guest   Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:40 am GMT
Es werden wohl noch zehntausend Jahre ins Land gehen, und das Märchen vom Jesus Christus wird immer noch dafür sorgen, dass keiner so richtig zu Verstande kommt. - Goethe
Guest   Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:02 am GMT
<<God is dead>>
- Nietzsche

<<Nietzsche is dead>>
- God
Laura Braun   Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:26 am GMT
It's not because me or you, it's all because of God. It doesn't depend on you to come to God. You may deny whole His existence. As it's said the fool said there is not God. But it all depends on God. He calls His own people . They know His voice and He knows His own.
Guest   Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:33 am GMT
God? Man is God - God is Man.

Man is well on its way to conquering the mysteries of the universe and mastering its laws. Man is well on its way to mastering that most sacred of all pursuits. Life. Man can create and manipulate life at his will. If God did actually exist, I dare say Man would be capable of conquering him as well.

When Man first speaks to God face to face, his words will be of this form:
"When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master!"
Guest   Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:47 am GMT
God was created by Man.
Laura Braun   Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:28 am GMT
what ignorance??? When man see his Creator , he shall tremble with fear. It's not in you power to get to know that.
Guest   Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:09 pm GMT
I am God!