Top 100 Languages by Population

Guest   Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:19 am GMT
<< Spanish is a beautiful language. Even here in Europe more and more people learn it. >>

And all they learn is hola, como esta, hasta la vista and the reply of other Europeans is Ciao, Io sto bene, arrivederci.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Guest   Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:05 pm GMT
42 ARABIC, ALGERIAN SPOKEN

Why is Arabic divided into dialects and Portuguese is not?
Brazilian portuguese speakers cannot even understand Portuguese tv therefore everything coming from portugal (series, movies, soap operas) needs to be dubbed into brazilian
Guest   Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:48 pm GMT
<< No, the French,Japanese, and Italian language sections are much larger than Spanish because these 3 foreign languages are the most important in Australia. So don't you ever lie! >>

As you indicate, (together) the French, Japanese, and Italian language (sub) sections are larger than the Spanish sub section.

If you said, the French, Japanese, and Italian language sub-sections are each larger than the Spanish sub-section than would have to say that it is unlikely that this would be supported by objective data.

these 3 foreign languages are the most important in Australia - According to what measures?
Guest   Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:05 pm GMT
<<Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!>>

Your always the same, no longer know what to do, you look desperate writing for writing, you do not have any credibility
Guest   Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:49 pm GMT
He is a fanatic French. I don't understand why is he attacking Spanish.

French is in free fall in the world because of demographic factors, the power of English and Arabic languages.

Spanish is not guilty that African people speak Arabic and English more than French, but he doesn't dare to attack these languages.

You can see the power of Arabic. It is increasing the speakers and countries where is spoken (a lot of them were ex-French Africa).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Arabic_Language.PNG
Guest   Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:40 am GMT
You're the one who is fanatic, a hispanic fanatic who doesn't get tired of attacking French.

French is preferred over Arabic in Africa and even in Saudi Arabia, people there always rely on English and French because the speakers themselves that they feel more comfortable with English and French and Spanish is not an option to learn among Arabs.
Guest   Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:01 am GMT
<<French is preferred over Arabic in Africa and even in Saudi Arabia, people there always rely on English and French because the speakers themselves that they feel more comfortable with English and French and Spanish is not an option to learn among Arabs.>>

Is interesting to see how your speak about French language and always write some mention for English language .... inferiority complex? I think your strategy is to make us believe that if English is spoken in some places, then French too. Maybe in the last century, but not in this century.
Guest   Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:34 am GMT
<< Is interesting to see how your speak about French language and always write some mention for English language .... inferiority complex? I think your strategy is to make us believe that if English is spoken in some places, then French too. Maybe in the last century, but not in this century. >>

Why don't you ask the Arabs of the Middle East if French is not a prefereed language there. I'm sure your just envious because despite the fact that there's love hate relationships between the Francophone and Anglophone/Arabs, French is still prestigious them even to this century and coming centuries. Wake up from your deep siesta because that century for Spanish langauge did not arrive and it will never.
Guest   Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:36 am GMT
Instituto Cerveza is running out of students that's why it now uses the black propaganda strategy to ruin the image of other languages.

Well all I could say is it's a negative advertisement for Spanish language. People all over the world knows the negative traits of the hispanics such as indolence, corruption vanity, drugs, and here comes treachery in this forum.
Guest   Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:01 pm GMT
lacks objectivity
Guest   Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:25 pm GMT
<< Your always the same, no longer know what to do, you look desperate writing for writing, you do not have any credibility >>

What about you? What credibility do you have? Posting misinformation here about the Spanish language and against other languages?

It's you who's desperate here because you keep on twisting facts in favor of the Spanish language.
Guest   Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:31 pm GMT
<< these 3 foreign languages are the most important in Australia - According to what measures? >>

French is compulsory in secondary schools while Spanish is not. Oz and NZ inherited the love and hate relationship with France from UK.

Japanese is popular in Oz because lots of investments come frome Japan.

Italian is popular too because lots Aussies are Italian descent.

So don't you ever insist is number 1 there because nobody makes a dispute here when you say that Spanish is number 1 in the US except when you exxagerate the number of hispanics to close to 40 million when it's just over 20 million. That will make you liars and object of laughter.
Guest   Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:33 pm GMT
<< lacks objectivity >>

Tell that to yourself and other hispanic fanatics. They're so subjective.
Guest   Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:03 pm GMT
<< So don't you ever insist is number 1 (Spanish) there (Australia) >>

Presumptuous. No insistence was made. I was talking about bookshops, not number of speakers. According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics (at least up until recently), the top three languages in Australia (after English) in terms of number of speakers are Italian, Greek and Cantonese. This is from memory, I would have to check the Australian Bureau of Statistics data to confirm this.
Guest   Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:07 pm GMT
<< French is compulsory in secondary schools >>

I don't think this is the case, it is only an elective.