Languages that sound bad

blanche   Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:23 am GMT
"Particularly the one of Southern States."

There isn't ONE Southern accent-there are several.

---he/she meant the nigga KFC accent
LOLtroll   Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:43 am GMT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMrQRx1aKGI

Hahaha. Funnay accent. Makes people sound dummer!
Jeff in Denver   Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:03 am GMT
French, Italian, and Spanish are all three beautiful to my ear. Don't tell the French that though.

As for the negative,
While Chinese culture is rich and fascinating, the language sounds horrible.
op   Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:14 am GMT
Serbo-croatian, Spanish, Dutch
meus   Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:36 am GMT
French,Danish,Hungarian.
olasz   Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:04 pm GMT
A magyar nagyon szép és érdekes nyelv! szeretem!
Kevin Nadolny   Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:33 am GMT
As for all these people saying Chinese is a bad sounding language I would have to counter that it depends on the dialect. I'm not particularly fond of the Beijing dialect. It's the hard "r" "r" placed on every word, maybe how a pirate would speak Chinese.

Shanghainese though sounds great, especially coming for a cute girl.

Kevin
www.capturingchinese.com
world traveler   Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:39 pm GMT
Its not so much the language itself but the speaker, dialect, and accent. I can speak Vietnamese but I hate the sound of the south Vietnamese accent. North has a lot of Z sounds, which makes it uniquely beautiful. I also speak Cantonese, which I think sound much better than Mandarin chinese. English is another good example, the British accent is just gorgeous to me; so refined, intelligent, and classy. The American accent is rough and dry with hard emphasis on the letter "R". This is coming from someone that has been formally educated in American English. There's trashy British as well so it all depends on the above mentioned factors.

You're not going to find anything but biased answers on here (incl. mine). I'm sure there southerners that love their redneck/chitlin grubbing twang.
kim   Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:47 pm GMT
<<the British accent is just gorgeous to me; so refined, intelligent, and classy.>>

I'm sorry, but when I hear ppl like David Beckham or Katie Price or Jodie Marsh speak, refined and classy is far from how I would describe their type of speech. Also, the type of accent that Jonathan Ross possesses, the kind where the r's come out as w's, doesn't sound particularly eloquent to me.