Native English speakers ridiculed?

Penetra   Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:25 pm GMT
You live in China, don't you? You'd better integrate in your new country, so eat dog and shup up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P696X8FSILA&feature=related
Nigel Grimsby   Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:32 pm GMT
<<So all traditions are worthy of respect? all of them? >>

The only traditions not worthy of respect are the Western ones, especially those of England and the US (colonialism, invasions, slavery, genocide, junk food, etc., etc)
Cultural Relativism   Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:49 pm GMT
Some Americans in recent times have been getting so PC that they just judge every country as having traditions worthy of respect if viewed from the right angles, and that is is proper to give every kind of culture a chance or equal respect despite the actual tradition or activity. They don't even try to understand or analyze it, they just think that everything is just a result of differences of culture and should be appreciated. This is true to an extent, but some things I think have universal condemnation or stigma attached to them.

Like the burning of widows in India in the past, the remnants of the caste system and veiling of women in some Islamic cultures, their low position in society, and the honor-killings of women in some Arab countries still today. As for the dog thing, they aren't really viewed as pets that much in China, and they are just animals to them, so I can't really blame them. You could make a pig into a pet the same way. Oh and at least incest is something that all cultures frown upon, regardless.
Franco   Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:48 am GMT
<< The only traditions not worthy of respect are the Western ones, especially those of England and the US (colonialism, invasions, slavery, genocide, junk food, etc., etc)

>>

Well said, Nigel Grimsby.
Irony   Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:48 am GMT
Dogs have been domesticated in China since at least medieval times.
Its rather odd that you gave me a link to a site that I cant actually access due to the bizarre censorship laws in China.

The idea that 'invasions', 'slavery', 'genocide' and 'colonialism' are western concepts is amazingly naive. You must think there has never been a war in Asia and that all Asian countries are the best of friends.

I suppose you think that the ritual mutilation of women in African cultures is totally acceptable then? Along with forced marriages and stoning women to death for adultry.
Franco   Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:54 am GMT
Domesticated does not mean "used as a pet" exclusively. Animals that are grown by the human being just to obtain their meat are domesticated too. Let's speak English with precission.
Irony   Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:57 am GMT
And lets spell 'precision' correctly while we are at it. oh the irony....

Animals aren't 'grown' either.

But the fact remains that since medieval times, perhaps even before, the Chinese raised dogs as companions both as pets and as hunting dogs.

Guess thats your argument fucked, franco.

better luck next time, old son.
Franco   Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:05 am GMT
No they didn't use dogs as pets. Didn't you read my link? Yeah they were used for hunting, but as a simple tool. Oxen were also used in the Western World for draft and beef at the same time. Unless you tell us now that hunting with a dog produces deeper ties between dog and owner than drafting, it's the same situation. You should learn more about the Chinese while you are there. Oh wait, you live in China surrounded by 1000 millions of Chinese yet you prefer the conversation of a dog rather than of a Chinese. Oh irony...
Irony   Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:14 am GMT
Perhaps you should read more Chinese literature, might I recommend 'Romance of the three kingdoms' in which it makes several references to the great value that even the nobility used to place on a good hunting dog.

If you have ever owned a dog, which I suspect you haven't you would know that forming a bond with these creatures is unavoidable even in the short term.
How much of a bond can you form with an oxen?

Also note that the Chinese consider dogs to be loyal creatures and as such reward that loyalty by eating the fuckers.

Have you ever been to China franco? have you? If not then i cannot expect you to understand. I came here myself expecting a wonderful country full of hardworking and thoughtful people with a deep and vibrant culture.

Ironically enough I found myself totally surrounded by a bunch of backwards , uncouth yokels who cannot control the volume of their voices, spit all over the fucking floor and are generally about as pleasant as a violent seizure.

I have lived in Asia for over 5 years in various countries and have never felt such a total dislike of any other nationality.

But thats ok franco, I am sure wikipedia gives a far clearer picture than actually fucking being here....
Uk   Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:15 am GMT
>> The English should care less of what other people eat and start caring of what they eat because English food is worst on Earth. <<

Franco. I suppose all the food is so great in spain eh..?

"criadillas" The testicles of bulls..

"Pig ears"

" cochinillo asado" Baby pig, [ very nice ] But why eat the head as well ?

"calf brains"

"bull’s penises"

Etc etc...

Plus all the kids go to Burger King and Mc'Donalds every chance they get,

Junk Food..!!!

Franco, wipe the shit from your mouth Por favor..!!
Crunch   Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:20 am GMT
Wow, I find myself agreeing with Irony. The Chinese most definitely are a distasteful bunch. Now if that weren't bad enough, there is also the fact that for most of us these fuckers are gonna be our executioners. Maybe they will even eat us.
Lol   Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:10 am GMT
Why is the issue whether or not certain cultures keep certain animals as pets? Isn't that just generally a very, shall we say, 'humancentric' view? I know this isn't a proper word, but I am using it to follow on from 'Eurocentric' and to mean viewing the world as everything centring around us, and not the animals themselves. What difference does it make to the animals themselves, ones of apparently similar intelligence (pigs and dogs), when they are being slaughtered, whether or not they were our pets?
Lol   Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:13 am GMT
What I'm trying to get at is, why do we think our own fondness for certain types of animals should be the deciding factor. Why do we think our own sentiments are the priority?
Franco   Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:37 am GMT
UK, you should not get touchy, even the British themselves admit that English food is pure shit.

<<

"criadillas" The testicles of bulls..

"Pig ears"

" cochinillo asado" Baby pig, [ very nice ] But why eat the head as well ?

"calf brains"

>>

Obviously you are so used to British food that you can't appreciate these Spanish delicatessen. Keep eating English food and leave these for sophisticated latin people like me.
uk   Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:27 pm GMT
Touchy..? hahaa.. It's no skin off my nose if you want to eat your bulls nuts / cocks and ears..!! It is discusting..!!! The british love their food Franky bollocks. Get a full English breakfast down you..!!!