Linguistic survey !

someone   Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:58 am GMT
<I haven't seen 3billion +1 people yet. >

You count the percentage of the surveyed people, you idiot . This is not like voting ! only 2 people here like Dutch (Sandergay and one freek)

by the way...Your language Sux
Bardioc   Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:27 am GMT
someone,

how would you call someone who would make a similar statement like your last one, only with the word ''language'' replaced by ''skin colour''?
Sander   Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:34 pm GMT
someone,

you obviously don't get the whole point of democracy, maybe because you live in a country that's still used to dictators?
Menelaus   Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:52 pm GMT
democracy ? sander are you crazy ! germanics are the vandals and the nazis ! democracy cames from Greeks and Romans, not from barbarians !

i preffer Italian and I dislike Dutch so much, it's painful for ears !
Tiffany   Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:00 am GMT
Can you all just please stop responding to this inane topic? We can all see the -ism. This isn't worth your time and energy.
Selcuk from Turkey   Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:40 am GMT
I think it's absolutely not French.Because one person speaking French looks like he is tired, I think.It's very difficult to pronunciate it.I love Greek and Spanish with their lots of "s" sounds.And I love Italians' fast speaking.They look like they are a speaking machine without any stop.I also like r sounds in Italian and "t" in "tutti".But I hate German's "r" sound in radiergummi.So we can understand that I love Italian and I hope Italian language wont change.
Sander   Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:51 am GMT
Please , anyone please say, I like dutch ! please ! I beg you !
Candy   Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:26 am GMT
<<Please , anyone please say, I like dutch ! please ! I beg you ! >>

I do. :-)
Frank   Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:56 am GMT
Sander, I like Dutch, as you already know:)

BTW nog een vraag over "ik hou van deze stad", kan ik "dit" i.p.v. "deze" gebruiken? Wat is eigenlijk het verschil tussen dit en deze?
andre in south africa   Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:35 pm GMT
I like Dutch too ;)
Latin   Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:05 pm GMT
>>Please , anyone please say, I like dutch ! please ! I beg you !<<

Sander you are PATHETIC ! Don’t you see the only one who likes Dutch is you and some other Dutch native speakers.

You are pathetic, stop crying and teach yourself Italian! You Guttural little GHGHirl !
J0nny   Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:24 am GMT
hey , homeboy , if you wanna be cool , quit speakin' dutch
Sander   Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:09 am GMT
=>Please , anyone please say, I like dutch ! please ! I beg you ! <=

Well thanks for the comments, but I didn't write this. Probably a troll like 'Latin' did. I don't really like these "Which language is better than" topics ...
Sander   Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:27 am GMT
=>BTW nog een vraag over "ik hou van deze stad", kan ik "dit" i.p.v. "deze" gebruiken? Wat is eigenlijk het verschil tussen dit en deze? <=

No, you can't.Demonostrative pronomes in Dutch (because that's what they are) follow certain rules:
--------------------------------------------------------------
*Female and Masculine words (de) singular*

'deze' , used with objects that are close to
'die' , used with objects that are far away or not present.
'gene,gindse' , used for far away.
'zo'n' , used with objects that are close to

*Neutral words (het) singular*
'dit' , used with objects that are close
'dat' , used with objects that are far away, or not present.
'ginds' , used with objects that are far away
'zo'n' , used with objects that are close

*Plural (de)*

'deze' , used with objects that are close to
'die' , used with objects that are far away, or not present
'gene','gindse' , used with objects that are far away
'zulke' , used with objects that are close --------------------------------------------------------------
' Stad ' (city) is a female word. And since the plural is 'steden' this is singular. When you say 'I love *this* city' then you're in it (or pointing at the location on a map; but that's the same). So the object is *close* thus you use 'deze'.

'Dit' is impossible, because that's only used with neutral words.
Candy   Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:40 am GMT
<<=>Please , anyone please say, I like dutch ! please ! I beg you ! <=

Well thanks for the comments, but I didn't write this. Probably a troll like 'Latin' did. I don't really like these "Which language is better than" topics ... >>

I suspected that, but wanted to add my opinion anyway....:-)