Pronunciation of 'France'

Gjones2   Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:26 pm GMT
only drop by only occasionally -- drop by only occasionally
greg   Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:12 pm GMT
Johannes & Kirk : le forum monolingue auquel vous participez est aussi une zone de désastre.

1/ Les langues y sont interdites

2/ La racisme, la xénophobie, l'ignorance et la sottise à la Adam y prospèrent comme de l'ivraie

3/ Le contenu est souvent d'un indigence absolue et les lieux communs d'une banalité affligeante y abondent

4/ Et on y trouve un lien fédérateur (assez triste) : le mépris pour la seule section réellement orienté langues de ce forum > la section multilingue

À chacun son enfer — l'essentiel étant d'en être conscient.
Gjones2   Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:53 pm GMT
"L'enfer c'est les autres langues." [Jean-Paul Sartre] Just kidding.
Tiffany   Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:42 pm GMT
While I don't think the English forum is perfect, the language forum is worse on all accounts. I don't see how you can defend it by saying the English forum is just as bad. It's not at all. We deal with Adam here. Fine, that's one idiot in the English fourm.

On the language forum we deal with many idiots who say things like "Anglos are evil" "Anglos should die" "Anglos are barbaric" is in almost every other message I feel. Maybe it is one idiot saying those things, but he/she sure is prolific. Perhaps you just don't feel it as we do, because you are part of the majority there*, but I'd rather visit this forum anyday. At least here my arguments are heard and not just dismissed as "evil anglo talk, die bitch". There are very few good threads on that side of the forum and most are really just political battlegrounds or trollfests.

And the multilingual aspect of the forum? Maybe it's seen as an advantage to you, but with all the trollery that goes on over there, it means absolutely nothing in any context except trollery in another language.

*I'm not implying that you are like the Latin extremists over there, but well, they're not saying bad things about you that overrun the forum, as you are Latin. Adam says - well bad things about everyone that isn't British. You don't like what Adam says because it is blatant racism. Well so is what they say, but it's much more numerous over there. Dealing with the mass of Latin idiots or him? Hands down - him. He's only one.
Candy   Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:42 pm GMT
Hi Johannes!
I think RP is always an appropriate accent when teaching English, but I myself don't speak RP. I come from the North of England and have a Northern accent, which has never proved a problem for any of my students! ;) Some English regional accents are more generally comprehensible than others, of course. I'm not the best person to discuss accents, really: I don't teach people how to speak with a specific accent, and I'm not qualified in this area either, I'm afraid.

Your English certainly is exemplary! :) As for jobs: here in Düsseldorf, there's an enormous demand for Business English. Some schools demand native speakers, others don't mind. The school where I work has 3 Germans working as English teachers (and one Dutch woman) and everyone seems perfectly happy with that. The only condition is: my boss only lets them teach the lower levels, up to intermediate. After that, people usually demand a native speaker. I first worked at a school that only employed native speakers as English teachers, with the ridiculous result that they sometimes had to go round the Irish pubs here, asking if anyone wanted to teach English!! Ludicrous, to put such an emphasis on native speakers that you'd take a 20-year-old with no qualifications! For lower levels, it's probably really good that you could explain things in German - for the students I teach (intermediate to advanced) they can follow it in English.

You should take a look at this website: http://eslcafe.com/ especially the job forum part. It might be really helpful. Another thing to remember is that most of the demand for English in Germany is for Business English, and you'll need not only to be able to explain the grammar, but also have a thorough knowledge of business vocabulary and current affairs. Most people I teach are middle-aged and advanced in their careers, and are very demanding! :) I'm really not sure about teaching in the UK. It sounds a little odd to me ;), but check out that website - I think there's a thread where they discuss it.

Sorry this isn't totally coherent, but my Thursdays are FULL!! and I'm not on top form! Feel free to ask me any other questions any time.
Johannes   Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:54 pm GMT
LOL Candy that question wasn't from me. It was from our Greek friend 'Jason'.

But who knows I could be also interested in teaching English. I think I love to share my interest of English to my fellow Germans. I would love to teach in small villages such as mine.
Johannes   Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:10 pm GMT
I apologise Greg forgive me for my lack of knowledge of the French language, I'm unsure if I answered your message correctly. Forgive me I would have to reply in English.

<le forum monolingue auquel vous participez est aussi une zone de désastre.>
So this site was originally one forum for all languages Greg?

<Les langues y sont interdites >
I see you typing in French Greg. So whats the problem?

<La racisme, la xénophobie, l'ignorance et la sottise à la Adam y prospèrent comme de l'ivraie>
I have noticed Adam's messages and though he can be offensive at times. But comparing what I saw in that forum the exterme view of some of the people is more of concern than Adam.
Guest   Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:39 am GMT
YOU ARE ALL RACIST GERMANIC ASSHOLES AND IDIOTS. TYPICAL IDIOTS WHO ARE IN DENIAL OF THEIR CRIMES.

PUTO
Guest   Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:41 am GMT
YOU ALL MAKE ME SICK - YOU GERMANIC LOW LIFES WHY DON'T YOU DO WHAT YOU DO BEST - SUCKING COCKS.
Johanns   Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:44 am GMT
IM A NAZI GERMANIC BITCH I FUCKED YOU MOMMAS LAST NIGHT
Guest   Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:47 am GMT
THE REASON THOSE BRITS AND YANKS CANT PRONUNCE 'FRANCE' PROPERLY BECAUSE THEY SPEAK A UGLY GERMANIC LANGUAGE.

YOU PEOPLE ARE SICK ASSHOLES
Guest   Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:53 am GMT
TO ALL THE:
BRITISH - AMERICANS - ANGLO CANADIANS - AUSTRALIANS - NEW ZEALANDERS - DUTCH - GERMANS - DANISH - FLEMISH - SWEDES, NORWAGIANS - SWISS GERMANS - AFRIKANERS - ICELANDERS - ANY OTHER UGLY GERMANIC NATIONS

YOU ALL SUCK YOU PEOPLE SHOULD DIE. YOU PEOPLE WILL BE BURNED IN HELL FOR CRIMES AGAINST US.
Kirk   Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:53 am GMT
<<Very sad Kirk. I thought I could help with people trying to learn German. After receiving so much help from these people here in this forum with my English I wanted to return the favor.>>

Yes, it is sad. For a good language site, Johannes, I would recommend Unilang:

http://home.unilang.org/main/forum/index.php

or Langcafe:

http://www.langcafe.net/

I participate on both of those forums (as do some people from Antimoon) and they're generally free of trolls (since they're well-moderated unlike this site) and have a lot of interesting and sincere people from around the world. Hope to see you there!

<<Johannes & Kirk : le forum monolingue auquel vous participez est aussi une zone de désastre.>>

Yes, but it's not as bad as the 'Languages' one even tho this one tends towards the chaotic, too.
Candy   Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:15 am GMT
<<LOL Candy that question wasn't from me. It was from our Greek friend 'Jason'.>>

?????
So what/who the hell did I type all that info for last night?? Was that just a total waste of my time?
Guest   Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:33 am GMT
GERMANIC PEOPLE ARE CHILDREN OF SATAN. BURN THEM ALL SEND THEM TO HELL!