what's your favourite Slavic language?

Frances   Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:19 pm GMT
"3. Get your facts straight. "Armenians" is not a province, they're a people. "Armenia" is an independent country, and used to be part of the USSR, definitely everything but a province of Turkey. Of course, back in the day, it was part of the Ottoman empire, as were much of the Balkans, but maybe you refer to those sovereign countries as provinces of Turkey, as well. Do you?"

Aaaaah, one is unable to read nuances. Mudar kao tikva.

You're even not worth the chewing gum that can stick on the bottom of the soles of my feet. I really don't care about you and your nationalist opinions.
limited   Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:43 pm GMT
Where are you sveet nation?
Guest   Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:45 pm GMT
I just go, because my english is ...
Ed   Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:52 pm GMT
<<I really don't care about you and your nationalist opinions. >>

You cared enough to open up that trap.
Frances   Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:00 am GMT
Ed - what trap? I knew your opinion before it was even raised. There was no trap.

Big deal if your family lived in Bulgaria for 4 generations. Big deal if you can speak it. You're still not one of them.
Frances   Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:04 am GMT
....which leads me to this question, why are you fighting the causes if you insist that you are Armenian? What's your story?
Ed   Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:20 am GMT
<<Ed - what trap? I knew your opinion before it was even raised. There was no trap. >>
trap = mouth

<<Big deal if your family lived in Bulgaria for 4 generations. Big deal if you can speak it. You're still not one of them. >>
Are you related to Hitler in some way?

<<....which leads me to this question, why are you fighting the causes if you insist that you are Armenian? What's your story? >>
Why wouldn't I?
Frances   Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:35 am GMT
<<....which leads me to this question, why are you fighting the causes if you insist that you are Armenian? What's your story? >>
Why wouldn't I?

**** Answer the question, what have you got to hide?

I don't go criticising Bulgaria or your Armenia, especially since your Armenia has a troubled history and persons of marginalised countries should supporting the rights of other marginalised cultures. Thanks for the oppression mate and have a nice day.
Ed   Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:57 am GMT
I can't believe what a drama queen you are. I'm done arguing with you.
Frances   Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:14 am GMT
Me, drama queen? You are a complete hypocrite.

I'm done with you too even if you have not answered the above question.

And if you have joined Langcafe to start trouble and impose your snide personality on others, be warned. Its not going to be tolerated.
Ed   Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:27 am GMT
I don't start trouble. You started the whole thing in this thread. Besides, I don't think anyone other than you has a problem with me.
And one more thing - I don't owe you any explanation. How I feel about something is not subject to your approval and/or understanding.
jakubikf   Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:32 am GMT
Greetings from Poland!
I'd like to say that I disagree with Linguist. In my opinion all of Slavic languages are beautiful. My nativ one is Polish (of course I CAN'T say that it's disguasting!) I also think that Ukrainian is not a "kolchoz" one(I do know what you've ment). It sounds a bit rude for Ukrainian people, don't you think?
Nevertheless in my opinion Russian is a very soft language what I like very much. This school-year, I've started to learn it ;).

Якубикф
Anechka   Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:22 pm GMT
Greetings to everyone, I am new to this forum. :)
All slavic languages, in my opinion, have a rare beauty, in their unique differences. My two mother tongues are Croatian & Russian, and among the two I have always preferred Croatian, not only because I live in Croatia so it was always "primary" and dominant to Russian in my life, but simply because I found it somewhat more... poetic? While I love Russian language as well, and accept it as a part of my heritage (I am both Croatian/Russian), I have always preferred books in Croatian to those in Russian, even to the point where I sometimes preferred reading Croatian translations of Russian poems. :)
I cannot explain why, but there is some "je ne sais quoi" in the structure of Croatian language that makes me love it deeply for its beauty.
I am very interested in languages (though I am only 15 :)), particulary in slavic ones, and would like to learn Polish some day in future. :)
Sander   Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:54 pm GMT
Anechka,

Hi!

It might seem odd, but please leave this forum!

It's crawling with sick people who are posting disgusting messages.(not joking, after this message I'll probably be impersonated)

Come to this forum: http://www.langcafe.net/ it's safe, and there are lots of nice and friendly people there!

Looking forward seeing you there (you would be a great enrichment to our 'russian subforum'!

Sander.
Frances   Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:42 pm GMT
jakubikf - I've got to agree with you, calling any language "kolchoz" is offensive and insulting. I admit that Polish does not sound favourable to my ears but I wouldn't call it kolchoz. I'm sure studying it would be fascinating and understanding it through studying would make me appreciate it more.