Arabic in France or Spanish in USA

Guest   Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 pm GMT
And English is also official in Rich Port.
Invitado   Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:20 pm GMT
Creo que en el siglo XXII habrá un movimiento muy importante. Se llamará "Español Solo", ya que un 70% será Hispano en 2110.

Un habitante del futuro llamado "Han Español Solo" que tendrá un mono llamado "Chewacca" será nuestro lider.

Bueno, hay que esperar un poco, ha, ha, ha.
Guest   Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:31 pm GMT
Hahaha, you wish!
Adolf   Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:38 pm GMT
If Spanish language becomes predominant in US, would English speakers be deported to Alaska? I don't want to this happen, but hispanics would revenge for past injuries.
Guest   Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:56 pm GMT
What a non-sensical post on so many levels.
Adolf   Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:04 pm GMT
English is an official language in Puerto Rico and this didn't provoke the decline of Spanish. It remains as the native language of 98% of population. The same could happen if Spanish becomes official in US, English would remain as the languages everybody talks withoud any problems . Only histerical anti hispanics say this would be negative to US. There is not an intrinsical threat on it.
Guest   Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:25 pm GMT
Only hysterical pro-Hispanics want to see the growth of Spanish in the United States and Spanish become official. Real American citizens, and those who immigrate and become citizens, understand that English is the language of the United States, and that won't change because of some overzealous immigrant group.

And I don't give a shit about Rich Port. They can do what they want.
Adolf   Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:27 pm GMT
Hispanics are not real US citizens only because they want to speak Spanish? Ok, you are getting more and more nazi with every post.
American Pedophile   Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:30 pm GMT
I think that there are only 75 million of Anglos (from England) in USA. There are 45 million of Hispanics (from Spain). They will be more than 75 million in 10 years.

The other Americans don´t care two hoots the language. They are neutral. So, I see a bilingual country.
Adolf   Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:34 pm GMT
Where is written that English is the language of US? I want to see it.
Guest   Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:37 pm GMT
You're an idiot if you think it's simply a matter of race. EVERY single previous immigrant group came to the United States and accepted the fact that English was the language of the land. Generations upon generations of Italians, African-Americans, Eastern Europeans, Irish, Germans, Chinese, Japanese, etc. all came here and learned English. They won't be happy with any attempts to change the status quo, and it has nothing to do with their race. The only ones making race an issue are the Hispanics, because they are so provincial and defensive that they insist upon bringing their language to this country and making it part of all aspects of life. English, in the United States, serves as a unifying force. Spanish, in the United States, is a divisive force.

<<Hispanics are not real US citizens only because they want to speak Spanish? Ok, you are getting more and more nazi with every post.>>

Are you familiar with Godwin's Law? Look it up, because you just lost this argument. Fact of the matter is that any immigrant that wants to come here, must learn English. And yes, failure to do so makes them a bad citizen.

The United States was built around the English language. We are not a Spanish-speaking country, it's that simple.
Guest   Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:40 pm GMT
<<Where is written that English is the language of US? I want to see it.>>

Is this written in Spanish:

http://newguards.us/brent/jpg/DelOfInd.gif

How about this:

http://www.archives.gov/education/lessons/constitution-day/images/constitution-01.gif
American Pedophile   Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:43 pm GMT
In my opinion Italian-Americans prefer Spanish. Asian-Americans and Afro-Americans also prefer Spanish because WASP Anglos are very racist. If all depends of Asiatic and Afroamericans, their vote will be amazing!!!
Adolf   Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:44 pm GMT
That only proves the Constitution was written by people who only knew English, they would kill to know Spanish and write it in Spanish.
Now circumstances are different and any laws say English is the language of US
Adolf   Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:53 pm GMT
"The United States was built around the English language. We are not a Spanish-speaking country, it's that simple. "

That is not so simple. In California 25% of population speaks Spanish. You can't ignore it and remain stuck to a English-only model.