@Pos & Friends

Pos   Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:54 pm GMT
<Over the past week or so, Pos, M56, and other "members of the same academy" posting from the same IP address have been clogging up the forum with repeated, facetious questions, mostly about the phrase "did used to". >

My goodness, Josh, it's a bit much to claim those posts are facetious. You are a moderator, so please be moderate.

<Please stop this behaviour and participate in a less confrontational manner. >

It's a shame that you see only one side. There's lots of confrontational behaviour from other members apart from the ones you mention. But favouritism is now unusual on such a site as this. I for one will withdraw my contributions to this amateurly moderated forum. And I'd be surprised if other members from our academy wanted to continue to post here. You can believe me that your accusation of sockpuppeting has no basis in truth. There are themes running around the intranet at our acedemy. The items posted here over the last days are also being discussed on our intranet and many students and teachers are posting links to this forum. They do that because they want to support this forum. To get other people, new members to come along here. You, being a rookie moderator, do not know how to be grateful for all the contributions made by members of our academy. I will not take my leave and hope that a new moderator is soon chosen for this forum.

Good riddance.
Guest   Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:24 pm GMT
<<Good riddance<<

Interesting thing; Bridget used exactly same words when she was leaving.

(just an observation)
Guest   Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:27 pm GMT
<Interesting thing; Bridget used exactly same words when she was leaving. >

Exactly? Can you point me to that post?
M56   Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:31 pm GMT
<Over the past week or so, Pos, M56, and other "members of the same academy...>

Post just brought to my notice, Josh. I'll print it and post it on the students' notice board. Students can then decide if they wish to continue frequenting this forum.
Guest   Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:32 pm GMT
<<http://www.antimoon.com/forum/t7631-30.htm<<
Guest   Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:42 pm GMT
<http://www.antimoon.com/forum/t7631-30.htm>>

Can't see the "exactly the same words" there. Can you be more specific?
Guest   Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:11 pm GMT
###M56 Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:31 pm GMT
<Over the past week or so, Pos, M56, and other "members of the same academy...>

Post just brought to my notice, Josh. I'll print it and post it on the students' notice board. Students can then decide if they wish to continue frequenting this forum###

###Bridget Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:21 pm GMT
Dear students of our academy, I've just posted this notice on the canteen board:

IF YOU USE THE FORUM AT ANTIMOON.COM, I SUGGEST THAT YOU POST AS "GUEST" FROM NOW ON. ONE OF THEIR MEMBERS IS REVEALING SEMI-PERSONAL INFORMATION WHICH MAY IN THE END JEOPARDIZE YOUR ANONYMITY. BE WARNED.###

Actually, many members of the little language academy seem to have similar behavioral patterns.

(just an observation)

(since you're so fussy)
furrykef   Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:27 pm GMT
I still laugh at the idea that two users sharing an IP address is "semi-personal information which may in the end jeopardize your anonymity".
Gwest   Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:28 pm GMT
<Actually, many members of the little language academy seem to have similar behavioral patterns. >

I'd say many people would react that way to mistreatment. Again, you see how Josh has probably done more damage to the normal running of the forum that any of those members have done. Josh seems to be a dab hand at bringing more conflict to the forum than needed. Josh is no moderator.
Guest   Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:30 pm GMT
The trolling of Pos and M56 is what has brought conflict to this board.
Guest   Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:31 pm GMT
<I still laugh at the idea that two users sharing an IP address is "semi-personal information which may in the end jeopardize your anonymity". >

I imagine you, especially, would laugh at that. Of course, you're not in the receiving end, are you? You've done your bit to get rid of Pos, now why don't you step back happy?
Guest   Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:35 pm GMT
<The trolling of Pos and M56 is what has brought conflict to this board. >

Go back and look. Try to be truthful. BTW, it takes two parts to tango.
M56   Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:36 pm GMT
My, my, what a lot of fuss and nonsense. Now, what were we saying about semantic prosody?
Guest   Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:39 pm GMT
<The trolling of Pos and M56 is what has brought conflict to this board. Guest Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:04 pm GMT >

Check out the first conflictive, off-topic, post in the "Standards" thread:

Oh, people who talk to themselves are blessed with a good company -
Amit=Pos=M56
furrykef   Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:07 pm GMT
<< I imagine you, especially, would laugh at that. Of course, you're not in the receiving end, are you? You've done your bit to get rid of Pos, now why don't you step back happy? >>

I've done very little to get rid of Pos, or Bridget, for that matter. The worst I have done is express mild annoyance that M56, Pos, and Bridget always appeared in the same threads and almost invariably aligned against me in any debate, and it was some time ago that I said that. Pos didn't even mention me or our debates in his goodbye message.

All I'm saying is that the fact that they shared an IP address wasn't a serious breach of information. Heck, everybody already guessed as much. What information can we gather about them now that we have this information that we couldn't before? Pretty much nothing. That's why I'm laughing: because the whole idea that this relevation actually mattered is nonsense, not that the revelation presented any kind of threat to my enemies.

- Kef