To the English people here: Celtic or Anglo-Saxon bloodline?

guest   Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:31 pm GMT
I've heard there are still Celts in Cornwall (Kernow) ?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-nN9I_7djgo
Guest   Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:09 pm GMT
I noticed that my English friends are very hairy but they said me Scottish are even more hairy, can anyone confirm it or they said me a lie?
Caspian   Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:11 pm GMT
I have a Celt bloodline.
K. T.   Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:16 pm GMT
Well, a Scottish comic described Scots with bagpiges as hairy men carrying octopuses. Not my description, his. Does it matter? Is this like Chinese where the foreigner is described as "hairy"?
Damian in Edinburgh   Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:29 am GMT
***English are almost all darkskinned today and deriving from people not born in Britain***

The English use a very apt word to mean total nonsense, utter crap, absolute rubbish, and that word is: Tosh

Tosh is the single word I would use in response to the above pronouncement. The writer may well have confined himself to places like Southall (London) or Bradford (Yorkshire) or Moss Side (Manchester), among others, to make such a comment, but even in those areas, heavily populated by immigrants and ethnic peoples it is true to say, but the indigenous ENGLISH (or British, to be more accurate) people who reside in those areas are certainly NOT darkskinned.

Outside the inner city metropolitan areas of the UK, where you will find the vast majority of immigrants/ethnics living, the % of "non darkskinned" (ie "white" to use the official term) peoples averages out at about 95%. I know this is Scotland where I am, but in the Edinburgh West constituency where I live (outer suburban of a large city area) 98.7% of the resident population is officially "white". They may not all be native born Scottish/British (a fairish number are actually English! (eeks!!) ....the rest largely European.... but that's the actual situation.

In no way is this post meant to reflect a racist point of view, not at all. It is simply a statement of fact.
Guest   Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:51 am GMT
In no way is this post meant to reflect a racist point of view, not at all. It is simply a statement of fact

BLA BLA BLA... eveyone knows the facts, when people think to "white" people in Europe usually they don't think to G. Britain or France.
In no way is this post meant to reflect a racist point of view, not at all. It is simply a statement of fact and your "not racist" answer means I'm right.
Celtic superpower   Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:49 pm GMT
I hope that Wales remains pure and Celtic as always. The English Anglosaxon invaders can mix as the want with the Pakis and other ex-subjects of their beloved Queen who live in England right now. The Anglos are so ugly that the mixture only can improve their physical aspect.
Guest   Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:27 pm GMT
I do agree with Celtic superpower
Guest   Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:08 am GMT
Started off alright, but what a load of crap this thread has become. Anglos are ugly this, French are mahgrebs that. Get a life.
Peter Davison   Tue May 06, 2008 8:12 pm GMT
I'd like to Scotch this cosy myth that the English are more predatory or imperialist than anyone else --- the whining Celt syndrome.

First, most battles between England and Scotland were fought on English soil. Secondly, most of the Protestant Irish are of Scottish descent. James 1st (James V or V1 of Scotland) planted Scots in Ulster
to deal with a Scottish problem.

Look at the names of white men engaged in American Indian battles, skirmishes, attrocities, etc. How many had Irish names?

The BRITISH Empire (of which I don't approve, by the way) was created
by people from all over the British Isles, not just the English (who tend to be secure, quiet and understated, without the need to fly flags and be jingoistic, and who generally have a sense of fair play - and a great deal of modesty!!)

Unfortunately, expansionism and the urge to dominate seem to be part of the nature of a lot of human beings. If there had been small islands to the west of Ireland the Irish would have conquered them ---

Finally, if Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland football teams are in action against any but a British team, the English support them. Do we get the same loyalty in return? No! Is this fair?
Guest   Tue May 06, 2008 10:51 pm GMT
When will people here will understand that "Celtic", "latin", "germanic", "anglo-saxon", etc. are NOT racial terms, but were a way of grouping people with similar languages and custums in more or less unified groups of people.

It is a complete nonsens to here claimed here so strongly: "I'm celt", or "I'm British, but not Anglo-saxon because I have celt blood"...

This is Ridiculous! Celts WERE linked by languages, not so called "blood" (by the way it is not even the blood that define you physical aspect but the genes...). People who live in Britain, were raised with its culture and nationality ARE British, point.
celtic superpower   Tue May 06, 2008 10:52 pm GMT
Celtic was a race until we got mixed with the filthy Anglosaxons.
Guest   Tue May 06, 2008 11:15 pm GMT
"I'd like to Scotch this cosy myth that the English are more predatory or imperialist than anyone else"

No it's not inly a Scottish matter, everyone thinks that. It's true

"The BRITISH Empire (of which I don't approve, by the way) was created
by people from all over the British Isles, not just the English"
You are right. That's why I consider all the British infame people

"If there had been small islands to the west of Ireland the Irish would have conquered them"
The history is not made with "if", only facts are real and the reality is that nobody is greedy like the British. To me If there had been small islands to the west of Ireland Britain would have conquered them. Irish didn't conquer anything: they are not so predatory like English.
Celtic Superpower   Tue May 06, 2008 11:17 pm GMT
Ireland is almost completely Celtic and Celts live in harmony with nature and other cultures. Anglosaxons are avid predators by nature.r
Tommy Ingerleesh   Sun May 11, 2008 11:40 am GMT
Where in world are the Malvinas?. The place doesn't exist on my British-made map.