Le, el, ella

Juan   Wednesday, July 14, 2004, 23:46 GMT
Eugenia,

<<F*** Mexico>>

Man, don't say that. That is so uncalled for.

Viva Mexico!

(And I am not Mexican)
Juan   Wednesday, July 14, 2004, 23:48 GMT
Learn to be gracious in victory AND DEFEAT. There is nothing sadder than seeing a sulky sore loser.
Xatufan   Thursday, July 15, 2004, 01:55 GMT
I thought you were Mexican... Where are you from? Viva Mexico!

That guy Natufan! I know who he is and he is much more polite in the real life. But he uses this forum to criticize me and ashame me!
Eugenia   Thursday, July 15, 2004, 02:15 GMT
<<Learn to be gracious in victory AND DEFEAT. There is nothing sadder than seeing a sulky sore loser.>> Ok, ok, you are right, I'm sorry Mexico...and I'M SORRY URUGUAY!! :P 4-2
Ps, I'm not a loser (and I will never be a loser) :)
Juan   Thursday, July 15, 2004, 02:38 GMT
Xatufan,

No, I'm not Mexican but I an many others from my region have an affinity with them since we share so many things in common(culture, language, history....) I'm sure that I have quite clearly mentioned that in my previous posts. I'm from Central America. Okay, to be more exact I'm from "El pulgarcito de America". Cuscatlan.
Julian   Thursday, July 15, 2004, 04:19 GMT
Juan, yo no supe que acerca de tú. Mi cuñado es de Sonsonate. Creo que es un poco distante de Cuscatlan.
Damian   Thursday, July 15, 2004, 06:34 GMT
Natufan:

I have not come into this thread before because I feel I don't have much to contribute to it...this is the second visit for me and I am amazed to see the name "Damian" in your post just now. What explanation is there for this, just as a matter of interest? I don't like to be associated with a posting containing the word "stupid" especially as I do not want to be part of any personal vendetta in here!

I am the Scottish Damian, and I want to point out that I have no involvement with that posting. The thread is obviously centred on the Spanish language.......the only comment I make here is that I wish I spoke Spanish.....it's lovely.
Juan   Thursday, July 15, 2004, 10:24 GMT
Julian,

<<Creo que es un poco distante de Cuscatlan.>>

No, I meant it as in the "country". I prefer that to the other "name" if you get my drift. :-)

Are you a US American by any chance?
Julian   Friday, July 16, 2004, 01:29 GMT
Yes, I'm a US American.

To be perfectly honest, I don't quite catch your drift. Isn't Cuscatlan a province or department of the country? Why would you use that name to refer to the entire country? What am I missing?
toxic   Friday, July 16, 2004, 01:50 GMT
Hey I am just new here and I was interested in reading the things about what the outside of Australians think about Australia. If possible could you help me fine where that is i've been looking everywhere> If so thanks.
Xatufan   Friday, July 16, 2004, 02:02 GMT
Damian: I agree. That guy Natufan (who is not me, by the way) is a bit stupid. I know (and he should know) that you're proud of yourself, and he's damaging your prestige.

<<Juan, yo no supe que acerca de tú.>> I almost fainted when I read the "tú". It should be "ti". (I don't want to criticize, just help).
Xatufan again   Friday, July 16, 2004, 02:08 GMT
Well, Australia... When I hear the word Australia, I think on Steve Irwin, the Ayers Rock and the Opera in Sydney. Yep, it's true. And also koalas...

Australia is one of my favourite contries in the world (I haven't been there, though). It's beautiful. I want to feel the breezes of the Murray River (I'm a bit poetic right now). Nice country, nice flag, with the mini UK flag...
Juan   Friday, July 16, 2004, 02:34 GMT
<<To be perfectly honest, I don't quite catch your drift. Isn't Cuscatlan a province or department of the country? Why would you use that name to refer to the entire country? What am I missing? >>

That's what this ENTIRE COUNTRY was called before the Spaniards arrived.
I prefer it because of that very reason.
Juan   Friday, July 16, 2004, 02:38 GMT
http://www.cuscatla.com/

"La palabra autóctona CUZCATLÁN significa "Tierra de Cosas Preciosas", era el nombre de la tierra salvadoreña en lengua Nahuathl antes de la conquista; posteriormente, y con la aceptación oficial de la lengua castellana, el nombre cambió a CUSCATLÁN, el cual es la palabra oficial hoy
en día."
Juan   Friday, July 16, 2004, 02:47 GMT
Xatufan,

<<I want to feel the breezes of the Murray River (I'm a bit poetic right now). >>

You know is drying up don't you? I think they are using the water for farming irrigation.