South African English

Tyrone   Friday, April 29, 2005, 19:25 GMT
there was indeed a discussion of amarula. I am so dying to get some Castle. Marmite....I can live without. =)
andre in south africa   Friday, April 29, 2005, 19:26 GMT
heh heh personally I love Marmite, say, once in six months.... ;)
Tyrone   Friday, April 29, 2005, 19:29 GMT
truer words were never spoken....My God, I've just remembered I would kill for some Appletiser.
andre in south africa   Friday, April 29, 2005, 19:36 GMT
LOL!!!

No, Tyrone, you have to move here!
andre in south africa   Friday, April 29, 2005, 19:37 GMT
did you eat biltong? and droëwors?
Tyrone   Friday, April 29, 2005, 19:39 GMT
how can i not love biltong! My very first flight into SA (on SAA) saw me being served biltong and Castle by the flight attendant....so, welcome to RSA, i said to myself. =)

I'd love to move here.
andre in south africa   Friday, April 29, 2005, 19:46 GMT
It's the little things that makes this country wonderful... I've considered leaving but I just can't.... with all its problems (you know them), I would just miss this place too much. In 1994, as a journalist, I reported on THAT election. And there were hundreds of foreign journalists here, all hoping to report on the outbreak of the Great South African Civil War. I hated them. And no, we showed them!!
andre in south africa   Friday, April 29, 2005, 20:02 GMT
Well Tyrone I'm making a biltong sarmie now and will have a Castle with it (want to join?)
Sander   Friday, April 29, 2005, 20:04 GMT
=>Sander,
I say be just plain dense, but I don't know much about West Flemish. I know it's been discussed before. But what can you tell me about it?<=

Moehahahahahahahhahahahaha....

I thought you would never ask......

Behold! DUTCH the most beautifull language in the world.

Within this linguistic pearl there are certain,how can I put this,unpure elements....and the most rotten one is called :"West-flemish" /:(

We (the educated people) call it a dialect,they (the Belgian farmboys) call it a language.But since the proffesional language proffessors DON'T (read it Mathijs) see it as a language....but as a 'wel developed' dialect.And thats all there is to it....

Want to know how it sounds?! Speak english,but with a potatoe in your mouth.
andre in south africa   Friday, April 29, 2005, 20:10 GMT
I warned you tyrone.... ;))
Sander   Friday, April 29, 2005, 20:11 GMT
I AM YOUR GOD!!!
Travis   Friday, April 29, 2005, 20:14 GMT
Ik denk, dat ju al Sander niek over dit horen skult. :)
andre in south africa   Friday, April 29, 2005, 20:14 GMT
hm
Sander   Friday, April 29, 2005, 20:16 GMT
...what?
Travis   Friday, April 29, 2005, 20:17 GMT
English <I think, that you all should not listen to Sander with respect to this.>
German <Ich denke, daß ihr Sander nicht über das hören sollten.>