World languages

Guest   Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:41 am GMT
Hindus speak English & Hindi as their offcial language, while Chinese only speak Chinese in daily life. Of course, Hindi isn't such an useful language as Chinese.
Guest   Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:05 am GMT
CHinese isn't useful either. Cantonese, Hakka and Mandarin are not mutually comprehandable.
Ralf   Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:09 am GMT
In China is used Mandarin to comunicate each other. They don't use English. Please, when you want to defend something, do it correctly.
Guest   Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:13 am GMT
Clearly, Chinese is insignificant. Look at the Olympics, they were trying to speak English like there was no tomorrow. They're so keen to please that they will lower themselves to learning our language.
Guest   Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:25 am GMT
<CHinese isn't useful either. Cantonese, Hakka and Mandarin are not mutually comprehandable.>

Yes, but Mandarin is the most widely spoken and the most important offical langauge in CHINA, and neither Cantonese nor Hakka (almost died out) is!
Guest   Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:27 am GMT
<In China is used Mandarin to comunicate each other. They don't use English. Please, when you want to defend something, do it correctly.>

What were you trying to say? Hey...
Guest   Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:29 am GMT
<Clearly, Chinese is insignificant. Look at the Olympics, they were trying to speak English like there was no tomorrow. They're so keen to please that they will lower themselves to learning our language. >

Nonsense...
Ralf   Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:47 am GMT
Whent I posted that Chinese people use Mandarin to speak each other, means People who Speak Cantonese, Hakka, Urdu ( I am not sure if is this the dialect or lenguage which is spoken in xinjian), Shanghanese, etc.... They use Mandarin not English to communicate among different regions. As One Guest said :"Mandarin is the most widely spoken and the most important offical langauge in CHINA".
Guest   Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:49 pm GMT
<<China is already overpopulated so I don't think they can grow much more.>>

The best bet for China in the decades ahead is perhaps to expand its borders and repopulate the expansion zones with Chinese. One reasonable plan would be to first expand into Siberia and Russia, then into the Middle East, and eventually into Europe and North America. Of course, this is all easier said than done, but I expect it will become possible eventually.

If all this happens, Chinese will have a bright future, and the western languages will decline drastically.
2008 Olympics medal table   Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:23 pm GMT
1 China (CHN) 51
2 United States (USA) 36
3 Russia (RUS) 23
4 Great Britain (GBR) 19
5 Germany (GER) 16
6 Australia (AUS) 14
7 South Korea (KOR) 13
8 Japan (JPN) 9
9 Italy (ITA) 8
10 France (FRA) 7

Spaniard are not quality people. If you want to be the last: learn Spanish!
Guest   Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:57 pm GMT
Are you Chinese? then shut up!! they're the only one who can be proud of themselves. In addition if they give a medal when a match of Tennis or basketball or Hockey or Handball has been won, we could have a lot more. If refferes had been fair we could possibly have won the gold medal in basket.
Michael Phelps could have won more gold medals if he had competed in 101,120 112 meters backstroke and 20,10 200 m butterfly,etc. This way you could have a lot of more medals and reach the chinese.

And for British The only win gold medals in Cycling and feminine swimming.

The rest of countries have won their medals in good fight.
<<Spaniard are not quality people>>
You know what 'mamon' means in spanish? . Pues aplĂ­catelo porque te lo has ganado a pulso.
Guest   Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:05 pm GMT
Nice try, mon ami! France had 7 gold medals and Spain 5. I don't see a great difference!

I really see a big difference in the number of speakers (that is really important).
Spanish 500 million of speakers (400 million, mother tongue)
French 130 million of speakers (75 million mother tongue).

I also see an important difference between French and all other international languages. It is the only one that is important NOWHERE. You can see:

THE 2 MOST SPOKEN LANGUAGES

North America: English and Spanish
Latin America: Spanish and Portuguese
Europe: English and Russian
Africa-Middle East: Arabic and English
Asia-Pacific: Chinese and Hindi
Guest   Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:54 am GMT
Nice try, mi amigo! France had 7 gold medals and Spain 5. I see a great difference!

I really see a big difference in the number of speakers (that is really important).
French 500 million of speakers (80 million mother language +190 million + secondary speakers +230 million foreign language speakers).
Spanish 330 million of speakers (20 million foreign speakers + 0 secondaryspeakers)

I also see an important difference between Spanish and all other international languages. It is the only one that is important NOWHERE. You can see:

THE 2 MOST SPOKEN LANGUAGES

Anglo North America: English and French
Europe: English, Russian, German, and French
Africa-Middle East: French, Arabic, and English
Asia-Pacific: Chinese and Hindi
Guest   Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:56 am GMT
<< Please translate this into everyday English. Exactly which regional languages of India and China are you talking about? >>

Shut up you ignorant hispanic! Goto thegoogle. This is an everyday American and British English and even if I don't translate it, you would have its meaning just refer to the context of the message.
Guest   Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:58 am GMT
It could be. But Spanish is even less important! ;)