what are the practical steps to speak english fluently

Guest   Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:26 pm GMT
Moderator! I find the above post racist.
olanrewaju   Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:38 pm GMT
I beseech you to train me on how to speak English fluently.
dazzling czxeweye   Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:20 am GMT
is fluency in english important in order to get high grades in other countries????
Kathy   Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:26 pm GMT
Undoubtedly,to speak to native English speskers or friends is a good way to improve English speaking ability.
There is also a useful way to practice our English speaking.
When I read my English textbooks, newspapers, or magzines, I usually read them out.
By this way, I can practice to pronounce English beautifully, and I can familiar with English pronounciation.
After I get used to it, I find that I can speak English more fluent than before.
It makes me feel more confident so that I overcome the stage fright at last.
I think that self-confidence is important when speaking English because it will not make you blank in your head!
This method is helpful to me, so I hope that it can help you, too.
K. T.   Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:21 pm GMT
Hi Kathy,

Will these help you?

I usually read them out LOUD.

IN this way, I can practice pronunciation beautifully or I can practice pronouncing English beautifully....

I can BE or GET familiar...

After I GOT used to doing this, I found that I could speak English more fluentLY

It MADE me .....I overCAME (no "the") stage fright at last.

It will keep you from GOING BLANK (you don't need IN THE HEAD here)...

If you don't mind sharing, what is your native language. I almost felt like I was reading another language I know.

I hope you won't be upset with these corrections. I always appreciate it when someone tweaks my writing in another language. I can always be corrected as well.
K. T.   Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:23 pm GMT
What is your native language? I'd be curious to see your hints in your first language.
MISS _ ALRAWAHI   Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:43 am GMT
HELLO

iam AL-RAWAHI . from OMAN

iam a student .. my major is english translation

i went to improv my second language but i do not knew how??

and i went knew more a bout my majer when iam studing and in the future

iam looking for some issue that relate to trnslation .coz i have to do my project (IN THIS SEMESTER)

pleas ,,,, help me
this is my e-mail

sumail_33@hotmail.com

I hate spam
Guest   Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:01 pm GMT
That was a joke, right?
deepak   Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:40 am GMT
hiii friends,

i also wants to speak english fluently , pls anyone in send me some practical tips to improve this language. sothat i speak it fluently...
deepak   Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:41 am GMT
hiii friends,

i also wants to speak english fluently , pls anyone in send me some practical tips to improve this language. sothat i speak it fluently...
my email id is "hm18tm@rediffmail.com"
jakes   Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:17 am GMT
i want to speak english fluently and be able to write with good grammar please tel me in detail on how i can achieve my goal
K. T.   Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:52 am GMT
1. Review the suggestions by native speakers already available in the previous pages.

2. Listen to the music of English. I don't mean songs in English, I mean HOW the language is spoken. Are you trying "to sing" English using your native language?

3. Listen to pitch and where the words melt into each other.

4. Listen carefully to vowels. English is rich in them.

5. Try to use what you know. If you are in class and hear a phrase, ask your teacher to repeat it and try to imagine using it in real life...THEN do it, use the phrase with a native speaker.

6. Join a singing group of English speakers in your country. If you live in Tokyo or Paris, you should be able to find such a group. Contact an English-speaking church to see if various groups meet there (for example, ESL, boy scouts, gospel choir, classical music/traditional choir, seasonal choir (i.e Messiah by Handel)...If you have children perhaps you could get them in an international boy scout or girl scout group.)

7. Volunteer. Offer to exchange your language for English with a foreigner.

8. Find out where English speakers gather and try to share your hobbies.

9. Try to speak correctly all the time. Yes, it's okay to make mistakes, but ask for feedback ("Did it say that right?")

10. This is what works for me and it works for students too.

1. First listen to the phrase. No speaking.
2. Listen and silently move your lips the second time.
3. Say it aloud the third time.
4. (optional) Say it at the same time as the native speaker.
K. T.   Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:13 pm GMT
"Did I say that right?"
Guest   Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:16 pm GMT
K.T, such an excercise gets boring in a trice. There is no better way other than spending a considerable amount of time in a native country.
rabbit   Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:51 pm GMT
hey hey, hi to all in this community or some thing else. hey , i speak english upto an extent , i'm good at writing , but 'm feeling some problem's while 'm speaking in english with some or other. my prob is , i used to speak in english with all my friends when i was in school. but when i grew up and joined college it's all went into ruined . that was becoz of the environment of my friend circle. in college we used to speak in our native lang, that makes a big prob, now , as 'm doing my professional studies i need to be fluent . how can i recall my english. please help me... and also as said before, waching english movies and listening to english songs helps us..
hey yo to all ,,, i'm a big fan of EMINEM i know his song's byheart. i do watch english movies. i understand them , i can repeat them too, but my prob is i can't recall that soon. please help me 4 this sake....
HOPE I GET A GOOD REPLY BY TOMORROW.