Argentina, Chile and Uruguay

The best   Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:58 pm GMT
I would like to know if Argentina, Chile and Uruguay, all of them white people and almost European in their way of life can be a powerful country all together: they can have over 60 million people, and they can control the Pacific Ocean, the Atlantic Ocean and almost half of the Antarctica. Obviously they need nuclear weapons and a serious currency.

At the same time, Brazil is another powerful country and they are also in the same market, Mercosur. All together (South Americans) need nuclear weapons and a serious currency to be a great country.
Kesington Palace   Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:03 pm GMT
Chileans don't like Argentinians.
Also, linguistically Argentina and Uruguay have different pronominal usage and vocabulary as well as different pronunciation.
Franco   Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:46 pm GMT
<<I would like to know if Argentina, Chile and Uruguay, all of them white people>>

Chile white people? LOL. The fact that Chile is not a trash country like most of the Latin American ones does not mean it is composed by white people. 50% of Chileans are mestizo and the rest are white. Chileans correct me if I'm wrong.
Franco   Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:52 pm GMT
White South America is Argentina, Uruguay and the Southernmost part of Brazil( Rio Grande do Sul, Santa Catarina and Parana). The rest are a mambo mixture.
Franc   Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:08 pm GMT
"White South America is Argentina, Uruguay and the Southernmost part of Brazil"

well they are just as white as southern Spain and Italy can be assumed to be white, which is debatable
Franco   Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:16 pm GMT
White people in Southern Brazil are mostly of Northern Italian and German ancestry.
?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:25 pm GMT
Even the italians of Argentina and Uruguay Are mainly from northern italy..
Franco   Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:31 pm GMT
Italian migrants in Argentina were from Southern Italy and to a lesser degree from Veneto and Lombardy. Argentina began to prosper at the same time than industrialization of Northern Italy whereas Brazil began to host Italians earlier.
?   Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:41 pm GMT
False. Italians in Argentina Are mainly from Veneto, Friuli, lombardy. The southerners went mainly in north america
Franco   Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:16 pm GMT
Maybe... but in my humble opinion there are not many physical differences between southern and Northern Italians, at least for a foreign's eye.
?!   Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:04 pm GMT
Where Are you from Franco?
Spamnish   Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:43 am GMT
I would like to know if Argentina, Chile and Uruguay, all of them white people and almost European in their way of life can be a powerful country all together: they can have over 60 million people, and they can control the Pacific Ocean, the Atlantic Ocean and almost half of the Antarctica. Obviously they need nuclear weapons and a serious currency.

At the same time, Brazil is another powerful country and they are also in the same market, Mercosur. All together (South Americans) need nuclear weapons and a serious currency to be a great country.
Martha   Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:02 am GMT
I'm born in uruguay and my mother's family are white spaniards in my grand father side and white northern italians in my grand mother's family..in uruguay many of the european descent people are either mediterranean types or pale blonde types, the same I can see here in australia, because an australian is of english, irish or scottish family it does not say that he or she is pale blonde light eyes, many anglo australians have mediterranean ancestry and this type is also very common in england, I really hate when people talk about south america and automatically assumed that everybody is indian/mestizo black/mulatto, and what about USA how many ''pure'' whites do you think USA has got living there ? since the time of colonization of north america the mixing of english scotts irish french etc, with the native indians and the african slaves, this mixing it has been happening for hundreds of years, to the extent that this mixtures they look almost ''white'' and they claim to be ''white'' and the same with many european countries, so what sort of people are really white according to your ''white'' standards, somebody that is transparent like glass ? give us a break everybody is a mixture of something including you..
Martha   Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:02 am GMT
I'm born in uruguay and my mother's family are white spaniards in my grand father side and white northern italians in my grand mother's family..in uruguay many of the european descent people are either mediterranean types or pale blonde types, the same I can see here in australia, because an australian is of english, irish or scottish family it does not say that he or she is pale blonde light eyes, many anglo australians have mediterranean ancestry and this type is also very common in england, I really hate when people talk about south america and automatically assumed that everybody is indian/mestizo black/mulatto, and what about USA how many ''pure'' whites do you think USA has got living there ? since the time of colonization of north america the mixing of english scotts irish french etc, with the native indians and the african slaves, this mixing it has been happening for hundreds of years, to the extent that this mixtures they look almost ''white'' and they claim to be ''white'' and the same with many european countries, so what sort of people are really white according to your ''white'' standards, somebody that is transparent like glass ? give us a break everybody is a mixture of something including you..
User   Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:28 am GMT
Italy had and have a lot of immigration. There is not an Italian race: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9b/Deniker's_Races_de_l'Europe_(1899).jpg